• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Ouch.

CisUjomVAAENZq6.jpg

Deadbeat

Banned
Watch it come out and hear everybody complain about the campaign being a useless addition, like the BF 3, 4 and Hardline campaigns.
I'm good either way cause I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the Battlefield campaigns
I know, I'm crazy...
They pioneered rat fighting QTE technology.
That was the highlight of that campaign.

On one hand BF3's campaign was awful and bf4's was slightly less awful. On the other hand this game shows people (including me) can enjoy average experiences if it's in a star wars skin.

I'd rather have them take more time with the mp though so I'm not pissed about it lacking a campaign. I'm more sad about it lacking galactic conquest since it would be about 100 times easier to implement.

Frankly find most of the CoD campaigns to be just as awful as well, yet people gobble that shit up. Outside of Wolfenstein, and Doom, haven't enjoyed a SP fps campaign in a while

adj_noun

Was this posted already? It's basically EA confirming a campaign mode for the next Battlefront.

http://www.bing.com/news/apiclick.a...yer-campaign&c=13246009076803970147&mkt=en-us

In addition,

Star Wars Battlefront released mid-November, just a couple of weeks ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The movie was highly anticipated, and EA wanted to have Battlefront ready to launch alongside it.

Because of this, the publisher elected not to include a campaign mode, which was chief among the criticisms the game received from fans and critics alike.

That’s according to EA’s Patrick Soderlund, who told investors at the company’s Investor Day briefing that it was a “conscious decision.”

“We made [the choice] due to time and being able to launch the game side-by-side with the movie that came out to get the strongest possible impact,” Soderlund said, as reported by Eurogamer.

So yeah. I'd imagine we could have guessed that, but there's why they didn't include a campaign.

You gotta calm down man.

Im calm.

But cmon, they have to do this sequel in just 2 years basicly. And 2 years isnt really much. I can already see the comments like "they are lazy, forcing people to pay for the battlefront 1 content again" etc if they keep the content from the first one.

I rather have more DLC for Battlefront in 2017 and after that time, they can blow us away with the Visceral Star Wars game.

Toa TAK

Banned
Im calm.

But cmon, they have to do this sequel in just 2 years basicly. And 2 years isnt really much. I can already see the comments like "they are lazy, forcing people to pay for the battlefront 1 content again" etc if they keep the content from the first one.

I rather have more DLC for Battlefront in 2017 and after that time, they can blow us away with the Visceral Star Wars game.

I want both bro.

With more Explosive shot.

Im calm.

A good portion of the two years they spent on the first game was making assets. They don't have to do that this time.

Ozorov

Today was the first time I played this since U4 launched. And man it's a fun game. Bespin can't come soon enough

Orcus

I really hope they at least give us a glimpse before June, the time between these packs is excruciating.
Yeah, I'm not fan of the timing. I would like to see all of the DLC out by at least fall, but at this pace it will be winter by the time the last surprise DLC launches. I'll be in the throws of BF I by then, so I doubt I'll get to play it more then few hours to check it out.

5taquitos

Yeah, I'm not fan of the timing. I would like to see all of the DLC out by at least fall, but at this pace it will be winter by the time the last surprise DLC launches. I'll be in the throws of BF I by then, so I doubt I'll get to play it more then few hours to check it out.

It's worse than that, the last pack won't be out until 2017.

Nola

Anyone on PS4 interested in gaming together on Battlefront? I really like this game, but none of my friends play it regularly and it's starting to get boring playing alone...my gt is NolaDaControlla. Please mention gaf if you send me a friend request. ^_^

Disclaimers:
1. I am a girl and I am married.
2. My skill level is slightly above average.
3. I generally swear like a sailor while gaming.

Qualifications:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must not have screaming kids in the background when using a mic.

8bcb295250d7300c19a65c7359b6b43b.jpg

Haven't played much the last couple of weeks and I think I'm only gonna jump back in fully when Bespin drops.
Got the platinum for Hardline yesterday and now I'm going to commit myself to doing the same for BF4, so that should keep me busy for a while. And in two weeks the last Witcher DLC is coming, which I'm really looking forward to.

Ozorov

Anyone on PS4 interested in gaming together on Battlefront? I really like this game, but none of my friends play it regularly and it's starting to get boring playing alone...my gt is NolaDaControlla. Please mention gaf if you send me a friend request. ^_^

Disclaimers:

Qualifications:

I added you but I don't have a mic since my dog chewed on the cord. But I play Battlefront quite often.

We should make a list in this thread with people who play on each platform and maybe put it in the OT. The GAF-BF-PSN-group is quite dead I think?

Nola

I added you but I don't have a mic since my dog chewed on the cord. But I play Battlefront quite often.

We should make a list in this thread with people who play on each platform and maybe put it in the OT. The GAF-BF-PSN-group is quite dead I think?

No mic is fine...I just want more people to game with! :)

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to look for a thread of tags...derp. Adding mine in those as well.

Orcus

I know they switch up the likelihood that you'll get different pickups per mode and map, but does anyone else feel like they reduced the amount of rebel droids that get picked up. I still get them in supremacy and some of the smaller modes, but never in turning point, walker assult, and others.

Ozorov

I know they switch up the likelihood that you'll get different pickups per mode and map, but does anyone else feel like they reduced the amount of rebel droids that get picked up. I still get them in supremacy and some of the smaller modes, but never in turning point, walker assult, and others.

I have switched from the Bounty Hunter-trait so I don't know how it was before really. But I mainly play Supremacy and I have not got a droid in a while I think

Kovet

Disclaimers:

Qualifications:

You guys can add me my psn tag is TowerBell , I play Drop zone blast and cargo primarily with a bit of turning point.

Kovet

Dengar's DLT-19 is going to rip everyone to shreds. Real curious what his abilities are going to be.

if they are gonna continue with the theme of giving new heroes stuff thats already in the game ( like greedo's nades + Scan Pulse and Niens Pulse cannon + airstrike + turrets) then i could see him getting a combination of focus fire, explosive shot, and cooling cell all in one. that would make him be the highest dps dealer among all heroes probably.

Ozorov

if they are gonna continue with the theme of giving new heroes stuff thats already in the game ( like greedo's nades + Scan Pulse and Niens Pulse cannon + airstrike + turrets) then i could see him getting a combination of focus fire, explosive shot, and cooling cell all in one. that would make him be the highest dps dealer among all heroes probably.
Then he will be a monster

Xzan

I don't think scout is underrated. Deffo the most used trait, atleast by BF-gaf, since release.

Scout was my default pretty much since launch but after jumping on BF last night for the first time in a couple of weeks and unlocking Berserker... well... there's almost no contest. I've always been too aggressive with my play, so a trait that rewards me for overcommitting is just awesome.

Even in Walker Assault, getting to Rank 3 means I can almost hold an uplink against multiple attackers single handed. My K/D for the night went from a rusty 1.0 from lack of practice to 8.0-12.0 thanks to Berserker. I think I went 63/5 or something ridiculous like that on Survivors of Endor without using any vehicle or hero tokens.

With my EE-3 and Jumppack equipped, and Adrenline Stim and Berserker triggered, I'm basically Boba Fett but I can heal. Berserker is so good I don't see how they can't nerf it.

MADGAME

That would be insane, especially if they add damage-scaled tiers like Greedo. I like it.

Yes, but these playtest sessions are under NDA. They're having one for BF1 also

PrankT i dont think anyone streamed the playtesting :). Maybe you're thinking about the reveal stream.

So if we figure out when Outer Rim was playtested, we can figure out the approximate Bespin release date :)

Top Bottom