• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S2 |OT| The Truth Is Just A Point Of View - Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerX

Banned
This will be like season 1 where it won't all be on Netflix from day one, right?

I think Netflix are the only broadcaster who do that. Not all shows are supposed to be binge watched. Anyway I can't wait for this to start. I absolutely adored the first series.

- Sepinwall's review
Once upon a time, Better Call Saul might have felt pressure to act like it was just an extension of the show that inspired it. Now, though, it's proven itself excellent enough in its own right that it should go on telling the Jimmy McGill story for as long as it can get away with it. After all, if any TV creative team has earned our trust when it comes to pacing, it's the one that so meticulously laid out the tragedy of Walter White for us.
- Tim Goodman's THR review:
Good because it’s as funny and sweet and prickly as what viewers got in Season 1, with continued standout performances by Odenkirk and Banks, and a very welcome initial broadening of both McKean’s role as Chuck; and Rhea Seehorn’s role as Kim Wexler, Jimmy’s girlfriend. Yet, bad because there’s also more of the same, as Jimmy struggles to stay on the straight-and-narrow and how that struggle tears at him.

Ballistik

I started watching Breaking Bad right as it was ending, so I was able to binge watch and catch up. This time around.. the break is too long.

I'm excited but...these 10 episodes are going to come and go so fast and before you know it, another long wait for Season 3. :(

TheOddOne

- Slate: Better Call Saul Keeps Getting Better.
Better Call Saul is a good yarn. It is also exactly the sort of show it is hard to imagine getting greenlit on its own merits. It’s great, but its arc—a working stiff who becomes a shadier working stiff, and then, when things get really exciting, the show ends, because the exciting part already happened on another show—is not the sort that sells in the room. If more sequels, prequels, spin-offs etc. used the commercial success of their predecessors to be so searching, so free, they would not be such a consistent insult to new ideas.
- Collider: ‘Better Call Saul’ Season 2 Review: Welcome Back, Slippin’ Jimmy.
- NYTimes: Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould on ‘Better Call Saul,’ Bob Odenkirk and Fan Tattoos.

- ‘Talking Saul’ To Follow ‘Better Call Saul’s Premiere And Season Finale On AMC
The network announced today it will air live after show Talking Saul following Better Call Saul‘s Season 2 premiere and finale episodes on Monday, February 15 and Monday, April 18 at 11 PM, respectively. Hosted by Talking Dead‘s Chris Hardwick, the hourlong talk show will feature series cast, producers, celebrity fans and more reacting to and discussing the twists and turns of Better Call Saul and taking questions and comments from viewers. Series creators and executive producers Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould and star Bob Odenkirk (Jimmy McGill) will appear as guests on the show’s debut episode.

CassSept

'Talking Dead' was a cute play on words.

'Talking Bad'... eh, okay, Bad rhymes with Dead so whatever.

'Talking Saul' now, really? Why? Is it that hard to come up with another name? I don't know, anything, even 'Better Talk Saul', whatever.

Jeff-DSA

I canceled my cable in the middle of the S1's run and I had to finish the last 5 episodes on Netflix. Man, this show is good. I'll have to convince my friends to have a Monday night watch party, because I don't want to wait for the Netflix release next time.

-griffy-

Banned
'Talking Dead' was a cute play on words.

'Talking Bad'... eh, okay, Bad rhymes with Dead so whatever.

'Talking Saul' now, really? Why? Is it that hard to come up with another name? I don't know, anything, even 'Better Talk Saul', whatever.

"Talking ____" is a brand now, for better or worse.

Werd

Re-watched some of season 1, reinforces the Jimmy/Saul and Chuck plot line as one of my favorites in recent years. The confrontation scene is so well done.

Luke-warm on most of the more comedic episodes and the finale, but will definitely be watching day of airing for the time being. Quality stuff.

Another nine or ten weeks to wait for me. No way am I waiting a week between episodes, I have already waited this long, shouldn't be too hard.

Another nine or ten weeks to wait for me. No way am I waiting a week between episodes, I have already waited this long, shouldn't be too hard.

I might do the same but I'm hesitant. Waited and binged last year but it's easier to get spoiled once you've already seen part of a show...

Not yet i hope.

I know I'm in the minority on this. I don't know why, though. I fell in love with the character in Breaking Bad and the guy we got in BCS season 1 was a totally different person.

I realize people enjoy watching 'the transition' but I wish it was more expedited - more like Walter White in BB season 1. It took him about 6 episodes to fully turn, IMO. That's when he shaved his head and collected his first 'paycheck.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom