• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda Game Studios Hiring "Future Generation Console Programmer"

Codeblue

Sick burn.

I'd imagine that all "next-gen" programmers already have jobs or they wouldn't be programming for next-gen.

Jb

I wonder if they'll launch a new IP or if they'll stick with TES and Fallout ala Blizzard with Diablo/Warcraft/Starcraft.

Pociask

Isn't this one that should be in the SHOCKING NEWS category? Game developer seeks employees to make games to be released in future?

JDSN

Banned
• Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
• Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
Its not Fallout 4 then.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Better be Fallout 4.

Elder Scrolls (and by similarity FO) games benefit the most from leaps in hardware. Was a shame to see 2 TES games in one generation this gen, but I think they did a stand up job with the Creation Engine and its upgrades from Oblivion.

No fair demanding something from new people that no one actually on the team has.

m1C1E.gif

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
No fair demanding something from new people that no one actually on the team has.

they need programmers that specialize in fun.

they need to hire some "next-gen" game testers.

They should list about 50 of these, the ones working their already kinda...suck.

Hope they hire a programmer that's good at fixing slowdowns and freezes.

Maybe they should hire people who knows how to make games first.

6ZsjbQR.gif

Dennis

Banned
Elder Scrolls and Fallout are two of the best and most important open-world franchises out there.

Anyone who says otherwise is wrong and damned.

diamount

Banned
The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim

"This time it works on a console other than microsofts, we promise!"

Not if they offer them a big fat cheque for DLC exclusivity again. But given how simplier the PS4 seems to code for compared to PS3, even someone as inept as Bethesda shouldn't fuck it up.

TrutaS

... for development on the next not so different but "completely new engine with totally rebuilt animations"...

Fallout in a whole new engine taking advantage of new console/pc power and eliminating the limitations of dvd disc capacity.

sogood.gif

Wait one second. You're telling me a game developer is making a game? And they need programmers?

I've heard some good ones in my day, but that one is rich.

diamount

Banned
Fallout in a whole new engine taking advantage of new console/pc power and eliminating the limitations of dvd disc capacity.

sogood.gif

DVD capacity really wasn't a big deal. It's not like DVD's are expensive or anything, hell they are practically free when it comes to distribution.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Wait one second. You're telling me a game developer is making a game? And they need programmers?

I've heard some good ones in my day, but that one is rich.

I think the point of the thread is that they need programmers for Next Gen. Some people thought Fallout 4 would launch for the current gen because of the install base and Todd Howard's comments on not necessarily needing new hardware right away.

Hatten

Fallout New Portland

You have to fight hipster ghouls, old hippies turned into super-mutants by the pre-war government and assist some blond bimbo into finding the last patch of organic weed in the wasteland.

Derrick01

Banned
Your point being that they are poor games or that if "the masses" can enjoy them then they are intrinsically worse?

Both. I can't think of many 8 million+ sellers that have been good gamer games. They sell that much because the lowest common denominator enjoys them.

Top Bottom