• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought all of Platinum's stuff was built on their own, internal engine.

They are. Though Kojima has said he'd like them to use the Fox Engine if there ever was a MGR2. I think ultimately though they'll end up using whatever they think is best for the game.

DieH@rd

Banned
I don't care what engine they are using, as long it supports cutting of objects. However I would like MGR2 to be nextgen only and for Platinum to have longer dev cycle.

Wii U got Wonderful 101 & Bayo 2

Xbox is getting scalebound.

So it's not out of the realms of possibility that Rising 2 could be PS4 exclusive.

Wonderful 101 and Bayo 2 are published by Nintendo.

Scalebound is published by Microsoft

Metal Gear is published by Konami.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's one thing to make GZ 1080p/60fps, but can FOX do the same for a fast paced crazy action game like Rising?

Anything can be 60fps, or less or more. What it depends on is engine optimisation and, most importantly, asset quality. If your game may be more demanding in other areas for gameplay reasons than another 60fps, reduce quality of assets to compromise and keep your target.

Anything can be 60fps, or less or more. What it depends on is engine optimisation and, most importantly, asset quality. If your game may be more demanding in other areas for gameplay reasons than another 60fps, reduce quality of assets to compromise and keep your target.

Ah right, that makes sense.

I guess what I meant is could FOX keep 60fps while still maintaining that level of asset quality as seen in MGSV.... Which I assume is pretty much the main reason why people want them to use FOX.

Feindflug

Would Rising 2 really be on the FOX engine anyway? I thought all of Platinum's stuff was built on their own, internal engine.

Scalebound uses UE4 (IIRC MS is helping with the tech).

Back on topic MGR was an amazing game despite it's short development time, this time with what I assume a longer dev cycle I expect to be blown away even more. PS4 exclusive or not I don't give a fuck, more games from Platinum is always a good thing.

Lernaean

Banned
Not being an open world game will help a lot with framerate, plus Platinum is not focused on realistic / high asset details as KojiPro is.

MGR was admittedly more detailed than other PG games. I think they should go for more this time to blend better in the MGS universe. Anyway, as you said, not being open world will help MGR to achieve 60fps.

abadguy

Banned
Wii U got Wonderful 101 & Bayo 2

Xbox is getting scalebound.

So it's not out of the realms of possibility that Rising 2 could be PS4 exclusive.

Again Nintendo published both Bayo 2 and W 101 ( the latter being a completrely new IP owned by Nintendo)
MS funded and owns Scalebound.
Konami owns Metal Gear last time i checked. So if it's exclusive it means Sony money hatted. Plain and simple.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/561912317257203712

@geoffkeighley 7:41 AM
Slice that rumor: No Metal Gear Rising 2 tease at Taipei games show. Spoke to @Ken1555 from @Kojima_Pro_Live, it is not true.

Wait, wasn't it shown during a sizzle reel? Isn't it on the stream?

7U3RlP6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom