• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.
best metal gear indeed.

iRQAwmywxRwf6.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm so excited. Can't wait to hear more about the story, but I really just want the game to take place in future New Zealand. Rose and John were there in Revengeance and it'd be cool to bring them into the game.

Plus I just want Raiden cut the skytower in half and throw it at someone
AucklandCity800.jpg

ew no. If you're going to set a game in New Zealand you don't set it in a city.

I wonder if MGR2 would be like a Bayonetta 2 situation? Besides, it seems that lately, Platinum has been doing quite a few exclusives(Bayonetta 2, Scalebound, W101). It wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being exclusive as well, especially since only the PS4 logo was on the pic. Best case scenario would probably be PS4/PC.

I wonder if MGR2 would be like a Bayonetta 2 situation? Besides, it seems that lately, Platinum has been doing quite a few exclusives(Bayonetta 2, Scalebound, W101). It wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being exclusive as well, especially since only the PS4 logo was on the pic. Best case scenario would probably be PS4/PC.

Doubt it, Sony already had GoW which is more popular than MGR. They don't need to fund another action game in their exclusive games

Tenebrous

Best case scenario would be PC/PS4/X1. Sorry, Wii U...

Doubt it, Sony already had GoW which is more popular than MGR. They don't need to fund another action game in their exclusive games
Why not? They have Uncharted and now they'll have The Order. They have Killzone and had Resistance. I think they can have more than one exclusive IP in certain genres.

Best case scenario would be PC/PS4/X1. Sorry, Wii U...
How will did it sell on XB360 compared to PS3? I mean, Konami/Platinum might not feel it's worth porting for XBO if they don't think that market will want it as much. That and XBO is pretty much dead in Japan. Also, we don't know how this will be funded, if it required outside funding.

jett

D-Member
Spoiler warning, specially with such a massive image, would have been appreciated...
You're now in my "I hate you" list.

LOL Metal Gear Rising is a direct MGS4 sequel, man. MGS4 is 7 years old already, too.

MGS4 sucks anyway, I did you a solid.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Your training is complete. Well done. Your combat capability is now undoubtedly beyond that of Solid Snake at the time of Desperado's fall.

Your time is about to come.

Get some rest for now...Jack.

Why not? They have Uncharted and now they'll have The Order. They have Killzone and had Resistance. I think they can have more than one exclusive IP in certain genres.

How will did it sell on XB360 compared to PS3? I mean, Konami/Platinum might not feel it's worth porting for XBO if they don't think that market will want it as much. That and XBO is pretty much dead in Japan. Also, we don't know how this will be funded, if it required outside funding.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the game is being funded by Konami.

There's NO reason to assume it'll be exclusive. All we have to go on is a truncated part of the logo that flashed up for a fraction of a second during a Sony sizzle reel that actually had more multiplatform games than exclusive ones. I don't think modern Konami has any interest in exclusivity.

JayEH

Spoiler warning, specially with such a massive image, would have been appreciated...
You're now in my "I hate you" list.

To be fair you're in a Metal Gear Rising 2 thread which is a sequel to the original Rising which takes place after MGS4.

If you didn't want to know about MGS4 you shouldn't have been here. Hell even knowing Raiden was alive can be considered a "spoiler".

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Actually kinda sad if this is PS4 exclusive. Luckily I'll get one anyway for Bloodborne, but still! As many people as possible deserve to play the sequel to one of last generation's best titles.

ExoSoul

Banned
To be fair you're in a Metal Gear Rising 2 thread which is a sequel to the original Rising which takes place after MGS4.

If you didn't want to know about MGS4 you shouldn't have been here. Hell even knowing Raiden was alive can be considered a "spoiler".

Well the thing about Rising (and as the name denotes) is that is not part of the Solid franchise, of course there had to be some time setting for the game and it appears to be after 4 but knowing the previous game is not vital to play Rising and you can play it without spoiling yourself if you wish to play the Solid series.
Get what I'm getting at?

Question, was monsoon refering to internet memes on his speech or it was something from the lore of Metal Gear?

This is what the internet and MGR has done to people.

Thank god MGS2 came out before internet memes as they are known today were a thing, or else everyone's reaction to the ending would have been "Lol internet memes, troll face and sad frog amirite guys xD?"

Dazza

If it happens to be a playstation 4 console exclusive at least they able to push the physics further than if it was coming on other consoles as well

It will at most be PS4/PC exclusive in the Japan/surrounding regions and multiplatform in the east

Wasn't this the exact same thing people said about Street Fighter V, and similar talk about Project Beast/Tomb Raider(timed)?

Any way I don't think the game is worth buying exclusivity for. Can't see why Sony would fund this, but I don't play these type of games outside of GOW.

JayEH

Kojima is just a PS fan boy. P.T. was only on PS4 but that doesn't mean it will be PS4 exclusive.

Konami didn't spend all that money on the Fox Engine to make two PS4 exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom