• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

David___

Banned
It will at most be PS4/PC exclusive in the Japan/surrounding regions and multiplatform in the east

I remember people having this same exact thinking when the SF5 trailer leaked.

-------
Not sure if it was posted but does anyone have sales #s/ platform for MGR?

abadguy

Banned
I have a Wii-U and I don't want it on there.

but I also don't want it on Xbone

Use the full cutting edge power of the PS4!

None of this parity BS!

Beaten

Exactly. Fuck anyone that doesn't own a PS4!

lol at the fucking Parity excuse. You just don't want it on anything other than the console you worship. Typical warrior shit

biteren

Exactly. Fuck anyone that doesn't own a PS4!

lol at the fucking Parity excuse. You just don't want it on anything other than the console you worship. Typical warrior shit

it will atleast seem a bit more even if it was, a platinum game for each console or 2 even!
but maybe the PS4 isnt the best place to play them seeing that the other console are getting more Platinum love (because they co-deved the games)

im not crying if it isnt exclusive but i can see how it would be a bit more fair.

well regardless, it should be available to all (sadly thier other titles are not and remain console exclusive)

Rulp

Nice. Hopefully it isn't as shallow as the first game.

My thoughts exactly. What Platinum Games pulled was miraculous given the troubled nature of the project, but it's disappointing compared to other entries in the genre. Basically, I really hope it's not like the first one.

abadguy

Banned
it will atleast seem a bit more even if it was, a platinum game for each console or 2 even!
but maybe the PS4 isnt the best place to play them seeing that the other console are getting more Platinum love (because they co-deved the games)

im not crying if it isnt exclusive but i can see how it would be a bit more fair.

The other games were funded by the console makers. In the case of Bayonetta 2 , it wouldn't have been made if not for Nintendo, W101 was a new IP funded and owned by Nintendo, Scalebound is a new IP funded and owned by MS. MGR is not a new IP, it's owned by Konami and last i checked sold fairly well and Konami isn't hurting for money.

If this were something new like the situation with Scalebound it would be one thing bu it isn't. My thing is people coming on here outright stating that they "don't want" it to be on any other consoles that they don't own (Which is hilarious considering the fucking Rage over the Tomb Raider shit.) and trying to use some bullshit " parity" excuse.

biteren

The other games were funded by the console makers. In the case of Bayonetta 2 , it wouldn't have been made if not for Nintendo, W101 was a new IP funded and owned by Nintendo, Scalebound is a new IP funded and owned by MS. MGR is not a new IP, it's owned by Konami and last i checked sold fairly well and Konami isn't hurting for money.

If this were something new like the situation with Scalebound it would be one thing bu it isn't. My thing is people coming on here outright stating that they "don't want" it to be on any other consoles that they don't own (Which is hilarious considering the fucking Rage over the Tomb Raider shit.) and trying to use some bullshit " parity" excuse.

id love it for Platinum to take full advantage of PS4 but its just not gonna be that way, but i wouldn't go as far as saying its shouldnt be multiplat due to parity.

David___

Banned
MGR is not a new IP, it's owned by Konami and last i checked sold fairly well and Konami isn't hurting for money.

For all we know it did well enough on PS3 to warrant a sequel yet tanked on the 360. If that's the case do you think it would be worth the extra cost to bring the sequel to Xbone if you have proof that the ecosystem doesn't care for it?

zychi

Banned
LOL Metal Gear Rising is a direct MGS4 sequel, man. MGS4 is 7 years old already, too.

MGS4 sucks anyway, I did you a solid.

Gaf's rules on spoilers in one post. No apology, no attempt to go back and spoiler tag anything. Just straight insulting you for not having seen or played something.

jett

D-Member
Gaf's rules on spoilers in one post. No apology, no attempt to go back and spoiler tag anything. Just straight insulting you for not having seen or played something.

I didn't insult anyone.

I'm always careful and mindful about posting spoilers when the situation requires it. But not in this case. This is a thread about a sequel to a sequel of MGS4. It's like going to a Phantom Pain thread and complaining that some people are not spoiler tagging MGS3.

I hope it's a lot better than the first game. Because the first game is one of my favourite games of the last 10 years and a game that is a lot better would easily be the greatest game of all time.

I look forward to the game getting a proper development cycle and having a 15 hour campaign. Something around the length of the Xbox Ninja Gaiden or Wonderful 101 would be nice.

Prologue can be rescuing Sunny to keep the people who want that happy, then time skip to after Rising. Bayonetta 2 has co-op, so I'd expect to see Rising's unique take on that. Co-op Blade mode against Metal Gear Ray.

Super hyped for the possibilities for this game. Steam day and date with the console version would be great especially with the PC support Konami has shown with Ground Zeroes.

Dazza

Japanese games sell better on Playstation even not including Japan. The first Metal Gear Rising sold better on the PS3 three times more than the xbox 360 version. This was when their install bases were similar, what do you think the sales difference will be like with this generation when the PS4 is likely at minimum to be outselling the Xbox One 3 to 1 by the time the game is release? Especially since Japanese games don't do so well in America compared to other regions where Xbox is doing significantly worse. I can see it being a PS4 exclusive even without any input from Sony, like many other Japanese games are

denx

First time playing MGR was a pretty face-melting experience, so I'm VERY hyped about a new MGR.

^ I don't see any reason for MGR2 to not be multiplatform. Last I knew MGR did pretty well across the board.

def sim

I enjoyed playing the first earlier this year. I'd love to see it in as many platforms as possible, though PC is what I really want. :p

MormaPope

Banned
Laughable how people are still trying to justify their PS4 purchase. Keep blowing the anti parity horn, the vast majority of people don't give a fuck, or don't give enough fucks to wish the other console version didn't exist so they feel happy about buying the most powerful console out there, which gets trumped by medium end PCs nowadays.

If it ends up being a exclusive title, whatever. Best case scenario is everybody gets the chance to play it.

None of this parity BS!

xfpM4DP.gif

Fixed~

Interesting post I read on r/metalgearsolid:

Were we told about Rising 2 in Ground Zeroes?

Think about it, the Jamiais Vu mission in GZ brings Raiden into the FOX engine and several characters comment that they'll 'see him again soon' on the radio. What do you think, was that a cheeky nod in the right direction or just a sign they were thinking about it at the time.

Could mean ANYTHING, for sure. Nice catch, nonetheless.

I just remembered that Kojima's Fox Engine makes Xbox One games run 720p, wouldn't that warrant an excuse for MGR2 being PS4/PC Exclusive?

I just remembered that Kojima's Fox Engine makes Xbox One games run 720p, wouldn't that warrant an excuse for MGR2 being PS4/PC Exclusive?
I don't think that's a reason to make it PS4 exclusive. The only reason I could see for that is that MGR1 sold very well in Japan, but poorly in the US... So because Xbox One is not very alive in Japan, might be better to just make a PS4 version only (and Xbox One in Us and Europe only). Actually I don't think they released a xbox360 version of MGR1 in Japan..

Well, the Fox Engine has been tuned up quite a bit over the past year or so (since GZ's release). But no, I don't think that would really mean anything in terms of exclusivity. If this is indeed running on the Fox Engine, then I think we should assume that it's multiplatform - since that was one of the main reasons they created the engine. (Then again, it could mean absolutely nothing. Who knows?) Hopefully, we get some more concrete info - and actual confirmation of Rising 2 - in the following months!

Well, the Fox Engine has been tuned up quite a bit over the past year or so (since GZ's release).

Well PES 2015 still ran at 720p and that came out the end of last year, maybe now with the SDK update the Xbox One could reach 900p in The Phantom Pain but nothing has been mentioned yet. Could also be just developer platform preference since P.T was PS4 exclusive too, idk

David___

Banned

Only thing that would warrent it being only on PS4/PC is that the PC version exceeded expectations while being a late port while the 360 version underperformed WW even though it was the market leader when it launched back in 2013.

Well PES 2015 still ran at 720p and that came out the end of last year, maybe now with the SDK update the Xbox One could reach 900p in The Phantom Pain but nothing has been mentioned yet. Could also be just developer platform preference since P.T was PS4 exclusive too, idk

Yeah, that's true. PES was still 720p, you're right. Also, while PT was PS4 exclusive, I would fully expect Silent Hills to be multiplatform. Kojima's gotta be able to pay these actors since he's gone full Hollywood, ya know! :p

Yeah, that's true. PES was still 720p, you're right. Also, while PT was PS4 exclusive, I would fully expect Silent Hills to be multiplatform. Kojima's gotta be able to pay these actors since he's gone full Hollywood, ya know! :p

Definitely, Silent Hills will be multiplatform. The only reason I even consider MGR2 being PS4 exclusive is just because I wanna see the Platinum Console Triforce be completed...lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
To assume exclusivity is to extrapolate an awful lot from nothing. This is a tease for a game in a sizzle reel littered with titles that globally (if not in Asia) are multiplatform, including one from the same publisher. A publisher that in recent times has shied away from exclusivity, so much so that they're actively branching out into what is for them a relatively new market for their major franchises. Franchises that include none other than this sequel's predecessor.

Obviously yes it's entirely possible Metal Gear Rising 2 will be exclusive to PlayStation 4. But at this point there's little clause to assume as such over multiplatform. Especially given nothing has been formally announced anyway.

JNA

Banned
Laughable how people are still trying to justify their PS4 purchase. Keep blowing the anti parity horn, the vast majority of people don't give a fuck, or don't give enough fucks to wish the other console version didn't exist so they feel happy about buying the most powerful console out there, which gets trumped by medium end PCs nowadays.

If it ends up being a exclusive title, whatever. Best case scenario is everybody gets the chance to play it.

...what post(s) are you referring to here?

Edit: oh, saw the posts after. Carry on. XD

All that hype in this thread...just tried out the demo of rising when it came out, and thinking of playing this now...yet i somehow can´t go back to ps3 anymore...

i´d love to see a ps4 port of the first game with 1080p/60 visuals :)

biteren

whats some stuff you want to see in Rising 2?

id like to see:

-Dual Swords

-more involvment of Bladewolf in Combat (possibly assist/striker)

thats what i can think of with out just saying let me play as George Sears.

Game4life

Banned

None of this parity BS!

Beaten

In that case you may as well ask for it to be a PC exclusive.Come on this game is not going to be cutting edge graphically anyways. Nothing will be lost if it comes to all platforms. What you said feels extremely fanboyish.

I wonder if MGR2 would be like a Bayonetta 2 situation? Besides, it seems that lately, Platinum has been doing quite a few exclusives(Bayonetta 2, Scalebound, W101). It wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being exclusive as well, especially since only the PS4 logo was on the pic. Best case scenario would probably be PS4/PC.

This would be a Konami published game, Platinum's history with exclusives isn't particularly relevant.

le.phat

There's NO reason to assume it'll be exclusive. All we have to go on is a truncated part of the logo that flashed up for a fraction of a second during a Sony sizzle reel that actually had more multiplatform games than exclusive ones. I don't think modern Konami has any interest in exclusivity.

What about PT?

Betty

Banned
Wii U got Wonderful 101 & Bayo 2

Xbox is getting scalebound.

So it's not out of the realms of possibility that Rising 2 could be PS4 exclusive.

DieH@rd

Banned
Actually kinda sad if this is PS4 exclusive. Luckily I'll get one anyway for Bloodborne, but still! As many people as possible deserve to play the sequel to one of last generation's best titles.

Wut? Chances for this to be PS4 exclusive are very small [well in Japan it may happen]. Logo was shown during sizzle real of upcoming games, many of them being multiplatform.

Ein Bear

Would Rising 2 really be on the FOX engine anyway? I thought all of Platinum's stuff was built on their own, internal engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom