• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen carries cross to White house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Banned
Guys. It didn't have wheels. From the first page:

18731752_BG1.jpg

Brannon

His journey will also raise money for Speed the Light, an Assembly of God Missions giving program that will buy a car for a missionary in Mexico, Lemme said.

Or they could do what NPR does and ask people to donate an actual car.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Really? Get out of here with this.

I don't remember must love god or an inclusion of church in our state anywhere in the declaration.

Sometimes sarcasm is subtle... but that wasn't.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Did anyone watch the video in the link? Someone posted on Facebook: "Were wheels involved when Jesus had to carry the cross?"(something like that).

And his crosses are 25 lbs and 15 lbs.

Uchip

Banned
im going to interpret this as a cry for attention at the decline of church attendance

well... it beats inquisitions

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This is completely wrong and shows a depressing (deliberate?) ignorance of American politics, social issues, and religious power over the past few decades.
I think he meant the actual philosophy of Christ, and not just "gay marriage and abortion".

Just my guess, though.

Did anyone watch the video in the link? Someone posted on Facebook: "Were wheels involved when Jesus had to carry the cross?"(something like that).

And his crosses are 25 lbs and 15 lbs.

wut?

I have known people who have gone cross country walking and their backpack/gear weighs more than that!

Orayn

I always thought its purpose was to point out the burden of proof dilemma.

That is the entire point of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's not a message of "HA-HA! YOU'RE IMAGINARY!" directed at Yahweh/Zeus/Krishna/etc. but a humorous example used to point out that all deities are on equal footing when it comes to evidence. Do people even know about the story behind it, or do they just think it's some sort of stock argument used by atheists?

jaxword

do they just think it's some sort of stock argument used by atheists?

Yes.

The FSM as a concept failed because too many people treated it like that (especially with things like posters or tshirts) and thus the argument has no dignity.

How selfish are missionaries? They want to help people but only if they buy in to whatever religious bullshit they are selling. Missionaries are pretty much scum.

aznpxdd

Just as long as he's not affecting traffic and slowing down other people who actually have shit to get done. If he is, fuck him.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh shit, like in the Philippines.

Well, that would be newsworthy.

It's really worse in my country.

You'd have people try to mimic the crucifixion and have themselves whipped. Their reasoning is that they want to repent. It's fine and all, but my country suffers from people not wanting to do anything and instead just wait for blessings and doing stuff like praying in order to "appease" some omnipresent being and give them blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom