• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen carries cross to White house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't aware America's attention was OFF the cross... if anything, it's on it too much.

Anyway, rather him than me. *sips nice warm cup of tea*

genjiZERO

Isn't that the definition of modern religion?

Not in my experience with every single other religion. I never hear other religions proselytize, knock on my door, walk up to me on the streets, post things on their lawns, have pageants and plays in public, and generally be so extroverted about their religions. Hare Krishnas might be the exception, but they're generally converts anyway, and usually just want a dollar or two for one of their books. Maybe things are different in other countries? I dunno

18731752_BG1.jpg

Don't stop be-leeevin'...hold on to that feeeeeelin'

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Not in my experience with every single other religion. I never hear other religions proselytize, knock on my door, walk up to me on the streets, post things on their lawns, have pageants and plays in public, and generally be so extroverted about their religions. Hare Krishnas might be the exception, but they're generally converts anyway, and usually just want a dollar or two for one of their books. Maybe things are different in other countries? I dunno

You know, alot of evangelicals says that Jesus commanded the apostles to convert people. Which is why people evangelize.

They seem to forget what Jesus said about proselytes:

Matthew 23:15

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you travel on sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, you make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Alphahawk

Although I am Christian I still find this gross.I believe in marriage equality and the rights of women to choose, and I pretty much guarantee that these are opinions not held by this paticular sect.

Really I just see this as yet another far right group protesting Obama, not for any real reason other than he's a democrat. Like I said it's gross. Religion and politics should never overlap.

"Tolerance"

We tolerate the hell out of this guy. We aren't going to stop him. We don't think he's a bad person. He is not some hated "other". I would chill out with him if given the chance.

But like E3 press conferences, the Time Belt, and the movie Sucker Punch, GAF is going to ridicule the fuck out of him because he's hilarious.

All the religious whiners in this thread really give a lot of ammo to the Dawkins school of thought where you think this one area of life is immune to criticism. I always argue against strict Dawkins-like thought because I do want to "respect" religious people in the true meaning of the word "respect", but you really think we shouldn't be critical? Ha ha ha ha.

Nothing bad with being critical, besides being critical means you are "inclined to find fault or to judge with severity". In that sense you are indeed critical. Being critical though does not mean you cannot be tolerant but unfortunately you are quite delusional if you want me and those of us who know atheist-gaf to believe that you guys are tolerant. The day that i step into a thread patterning to religion and i don't see the same 5-12 people spouting the same rubbish over and over and over again i might be inclined to say that Atheist-gaf is finally tolerant. Much like a broken record i see the same people being "critical" every time, repeatedly coming into a thread that has to do with a certain subject just so they can be "critical" as you put it.

NOTE: You does not mean you in particular, it means a collective group of people who do the things i mentioned.

Bit-Bit

I want to start a kickstarter to carry a giant FSM to Washington. I'm in Florida so the pilgrimage shouldn't take long.

Srsly

Banned
Didn't read the entire thread, but did anyone give a good justification (lol, yeah right) for why this asshole should be able to hold up traffic?

Lamel

Banned
Lol you guys are like freaking out. Let the kid do what he wants. If anything he is less of an annoyance than OWS. It's just "protest" right? He has the right. You may not agree with him, but you sure are bent over about it. Relax.

Zero Hero

You guys laugh now, but this kid will get a TWO car garage in heaven for this. Where are you going to park your extra car in heaven? Especially since on street parking is strictly prohibited.

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
Although I am Christian I still find this gross.I believe in marriage equality and the rights of women to choose, and I pretty much guarantee that these are opinions not held by this paticular sect.

Really I just see this as yet another far right group protesting Obama, not for any real reason other than he's a democrat. Like I said it's gross. Religion and politics should never overlap.

Really.

I went to the website and was sad to see the video of the kid, talking about how when he was sixteen or something, his youth minister told him, and he knew, that his sin was preventing God from seeing him, and that God couldn't see him and love him because of his sin. :(

Wish people would read Romans 8 to mean that God's love is stronger than whatever fucking joint you smoked in the high school bathroom or that you were making love in the green grass behind the stadium. Rather than use it as a weapon to tear down the selfhood of kids so they can be used as pawns in political statements.

There has to be a way to do an epic trolling here....maybe someone rides alongside him with like a flatbed truck of gay, bear dudes, stripper poles with strippers, and Muslims praying towards Allah?

There has to be a way to do an epic trolling here....maybe someone rides alongside him with like a flatbed truck of gay, bear dudes, stripper poles with strippers, and Muslims praying towards Allah?

I draw the line at laughing at him on the internet. Interfering with his trek is just douchey thing to do.

While I may not agree with the message, I admire his heart. Can't wait to read the book.

Also, I wonder what the public reaction would be if Muhammad were lugging a giant Quran to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Nothing bad with being critical, besides being critical means you are "inclined to find fault or to judge with severity". In that sense you are indeed critical. Being critical though does not mean you cannot be tolerant but unfortunately you are quite delusional if you want me and those of us who know atheist-gaf to believe that you guys are tolerant. The day that i step into a thread patterning to religion and i don't see the same 5-12 people spouting the same rubbish over and over and over again i might be inclined to say that Atheist-gaf is finally tolerant. Much like a broken record i see the same people being "critical" every time, repeatedly coming into a thread that has to do with a certain subject just so they can be "critical" as you put it.

NOTE: You does not mean you in particular, it means a collective group of people who do the things i mentioned.

Please, give us your definition of the bolded.

JGS

Banned
You guys laugh now, but this kid will get a TWO car garage in heaven for this. Where are you going to park your extra car in heaven? Especially since on street parking is strictly prohibited.
Streets of gold are hard to maintain. Parked cars leave tire dents and goldholes.

Loxley

I have no real problem with this,it's definitely extreme, but whatever. My only gripe is when the kid says "I'm not trying to act like Jesus". Except for, y'know, carrying a giant fucking cross on your shoulders. But yeah, aside from that, not emulating Jesus at all.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Wants to put the Jesus back into american government, huh. I wonder how Christ-like his (and the people's who got him to do this) political views and the policies he wants enacted really are. I'm guessing not much

Tawpgun

draw the attention of America back to the cross of Jesus Christ

Umm...

When was America's attention ever about the cross of Jesus Christ or Christianity in general.

My god, move to a nation that has Christianity listed as its official religion if you want to be in a Christian Nation. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom