• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just had my neighbor try to knock down my door and threaten to kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you get out of this okay. He really sounds like he could either do some damage or just yell. Considering he already abused a female cop...

Nose Master

That video is unbelievably creepy, holy shit.

EDIT: How do you get released from jail so soon when you beat on a cop, the hell?

GavinGT

Banned
He was up all night baking you cupcakes as a way of saying "welcome to the neighborhood", and you can't even come to the door. No wonder he got pissed.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How can you fuck up a cop and already be out again on the streets. wut.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
That stairwell looks like the perfect place if you can find a long striking object. High ceiling means you can raise it above your head and strike and he can't really dodge. Make sure it is something hard that can do a great deal of damage in one blow. After that, a kick to the face should leave give you enough space to strike again should he come at you a 2nd time.

I personally see no humor in this at all(not that there have been too many jokes).

Hopefully next time he will bang on the door with his fucking skull and that'll be the end of it.

Shaneus

That video scared the living fuck out of me. Just watching it made me go cold. Didn't even give a reason or anything when yelling that shit, which is even scarier. My guess would be drugs and/or booze... I wonder if he's living alone as well?

Best of luck OP. I've never had to deal with cops for any significant reason (thank fuck) but from what I can tell, they're far less inept in Geelong than in Newcastle.

Rest of GAF... what's with the "Get up"? Was that vid on early in the morning and he thinks he's not awake?

Edit: Vince posted some Area 7? Fucking awesome.

dvdjamm

I just watched the video...That would be some scary shit for anyone to experience. I wonder if he had any problems with the neighbor in the past or is it a case of some bad shrooms.

Fusebox

Banned
Time to buy a gun if you plan on living there. This guy will get out of jail eventually.

If guns were as accessible in Australia as they are in America then it's more likely that the violent neighbour would own one instead of the OP and OP probably wouldn't be around to post his story on GAF.

Aluminium baseball bat or a crowbar are a couple of awesome options though.

dejay

Banned
Rest of GAF... what's with the "Get up"? Was that vid on early in the morning and he thinks he's not awake?

It's what you say to someone in a fight who's on the ground and won't get back up - which is why I think the guy is a total nut job. Hope reggie is ok :(

If guns were as accessible in Australia as they are in America then it's more likely that the violent neighbour would own one instead of the OP and OP probably wouldn't be around to post his story on GAF.

Aluminium baseball bat or a crowbar are a couple of awesome options though.

A proper cricket stump is an excellent weapon too.

You have my sympathy. Knowing you live next door to a complete psychopath has to be unsettling to say the least. Not sure if mentioned, but get a restraining order, so you can call the cops the minute he even comes close.

Danielsan

Damn this thread is intense. That dude sounds like a total mental patient.
Have you had run ins with him prior to today? Has he ever expressed this kind of behaviour before and do you have any idea as to why he might be angry with you?

Either way, best of luck Reggie, stay safe and keep us posted!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Might need to go the long way round and get him evicted if he's renting, then restraining order and so forth. Contact your landlord or whatever as this is now almost definitely his/her problem as well.

(still cant believe he is out and about already...)

smurfx

get some go again
holy crap so the first thing he does after getting out is confront you again? this guy is a fucking psycho.

Might need to go the long way round and get him evicted if he's renting, then restraining order and so forth. Contact your landlord or whatever as this is now almost definitely his/her problem as well.

this psycho will still know where he lives.

Yagharek

tbh I would be moving house ASAP, and hope your landlord is fine with breaking lease early. That guy has a few too many screws loose and I wouldnt feel safe around him or with him knowing where I lived.

This thread is reminding of the one crunched posted the other day. Really want to find out that everything is going to be ok soon for the OP, must be a really tough situation.

Rezbit

Can you guys not post the almost-ME3 spoilers? I mean really. It's not even funny. The dude may well have his life being threatened at this very moment.

i hope reggie is recording this guy again so he has all the evidence for court.

Seems like the guy resisting and abusing the cops should have already sealed the deal and if it didn't, it's pointless to live anywhere near such a corrupt and idiotic system.

But yeah, everything "documented" should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom