• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Starfighter Assault Gameplay Trailer

Especially Ahsoka! I would love to see a realistic rendition of her character!
Black-Series-Ahsoka-22.jpg
Just figures but they give an idea of what a realistic Ahsoka would kinda look like.

As far as others they could add or sell in a realistic style

Amazing stuff right there. I actually quite liked the feel of Starfighter combat in BF1, however the lock-on stuff made it way too easy at times (in combination with hitting someone but not having shots register).

From what I've seen from E3 gameplay and such, the new targeting mechanic will surely increase the skill based aspect.

Can't wait. Again, this game is mainly influencing my decision to upgrade to a Xbox One X from my normal one.

big_z

No doubt this was gameplay, people seem to forget that criterion are tech wizards

It's not. In engine footage may or may not use game assets. There's no AI or anything, it's essentially a fmv being rendered in the game engine with maxed out quality which is typically beyond what modern hardware can handle. It's kind of like how ubisoft shows really high quality trailers for new games only for the final version to look downgraded.

Im sure the game will still look awesome but unless it says "in game" count on their being a level of bullshot in mixed in.

Are those the normal Y-Wings with skin on?

Its an earlier model(it also had a gunner seat) but is covered in thick heavy armor which is later removed.

Also yeah, the Y-Wings we see in the original trilogy are basically barebones, skeletal models. An episode of Rebels is dedicated to how the Rebellion acquired like, the last few in existence before they reverse engineered and reproduced them.

Psykoboy2

Probably look better on my PC :)

It's DICE lmao. Even if it doesn't look that good, it'll still look fucking incredible.

I'm really not shitting on the way it looks. DICE made me eat my words with the first Battlefront and how goddamn delicious their environments looked. Same when I saw ACTUAL GAMEPLAY from Battlefront 2 at E3.

I'm more pointing out that I don't think anything shown in this trailer was ACTUAL GAMEPLAY.

wut... Yoda didn't participate in any dogfights. Yeah he had that Starfighter, but he only used it for his Force Wizardry quest in Clone Wars.

No doubt this was gameplay, people seem to forget that criterion are tech wizards

No it wasn't.

Well, actually a couple of parts may have been for a brief second or two, but the vast majority of that? No way.

All i want to know is:

Can i land my fighter in one of those capital ship's docking bay and blow it up from the inside. Or am i just flying and shooting it till it blows up?

Who was that female pilot talking to the Republic fighters?

I don't remember there being any female pilots in the Clone Wars except for Jedi. All the rest of the pilots were clones.

EDIT: Wait was that Ahsoka? Boiiiiiii that better have been Ahsoka.

DOUBLE EDIT: That sounded just like Ahsoka. And the "For the Republic" guy sounded just like TCW Anakin. My body is ready.

Honestly with this game I don't care what tactics EA uses I would buy loads of optional DLC even if they were straight reskins with new voices.

Obi-Wan-> Mace Windu -> Qui-Gon -> Shaak-ti -> Aalya Secura -> Kit Fisto -> Plo Koon
Leia-> Padme
Jango Fett -> Sabine
Rex -> all other commanders

if they put out Clone Wars Ahsoka for $15 for use in PT gameplay, i'd turn around and buy Rebels Ahsoka for another $15 for OT gameplay.

Maligna

Banned
Can't watch right now, but please tell me this is the mode from the older games where you can run around in your Capitol ship and jump in a fighter or man a turret?

Also you could fly your ship into the enemy mothership and get out of your vehicle and then run around and destroy the enemy ship's shields and engine and stuff?

That was the best mode.

Can't watch right now, but please tell me this is the mode from the older games where you can run around in your Capitol ship and jump in a fighter or man a turret?

Also you could fly your ship into the enemy mothership and get out of your vehicle and then run around and destroy the enemy ship's shields and engine and stuff?

That was the best mode.

It was so much fun,

Neith

Banned
I'm hoping SP is gonna be good. They have the chance to make this the best Star Wars game ever made. They best do it, and then receive huge paychecks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
And I'm back in. This was easily my favorite mode of the last one.

border

It's genuinely weird that Yoda's debut in this franchise is him piloting a starfighter. Is he confirmed as a hero for the normal third person shooter modes, at least?

Gravidee

It's genuinely weird that Yoda's debut in this franchise is him piloting a starfighter. Is he confirmed as a hero for the normal third person shooter modes, at least?

He appeared in the first Battlefront II teaser, about to fight Maul. So yes, he's definitely in as a ground hero.

Those twitter comments are awful. They're so against the thought of the animated characters in Battlefront, lol.

Honestly with this game I don't care what tactics EA uses I would by loads of optional DLC even if they were straight reskins with new voices.

Obi-Wan-> Mace Windu -> Qui-Gon -> Shaak-ti -> Aalya Secura -> Kit Fisto -> Plo Koon
Leia-> Padme
Jango Fett -> Sabine
Rex -> all other commanders

if they put out Clone Wars Ahsoka for $15 for use in PT gameplay, i'd turn around and buy Rebels Ahsoka for another $15 for OT gameplay.

The skins idea is what I've been hoping for. It'd be so much easier than making different movesets for similar characters.

Sygma

It's not. In engine footage may or may not use game assets. There's no AI or anything, it's essentially a fmv being rendered in the game engine with maxed out quality which is typically beyond what modern hardware can handle. It's kind of like how ubisoft shows really high quality trailers for new games only for the final version to look downgraded.

Im sure the game will still look awesome but unless it says "in game" count on their being a level of bullshot in mixed in.

People said the same about battlefront 1, and then release happened ya know ? not being negative here or anything

Top Bottom