• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Starfighter Assault Gameplay Trailer

Fixed.

I mean, nothing against Xbox of course, but I'd imagine the playerbase for PS just being obscenely high like the last one given the marketing campaign.
The player base in Xbox one was way healthier years after if I remember correctly. The same is the case with bf1.

Osahi

Yes.

000263251hr.jpg

Didn't realise they would have Episode VIII stuff in here, only preorder skins and maybe DLC like in Battlefront 1

TreIII

Loving what I'm seeing.

After seeing that bit of Maul, I do hope they're keeping their promise to improve lightsaber combat.

After all, this is likely as good as I'll get until the Respawn and Stig game emerges!

Hot damn, they're taking stuff from the Clone Wars TV series too. Was excited for the game anyway, but this trailer is bumping it waaaaay up the list. Too bad we're not getting a new Rogue Squadron game.

I'm so excited to go through Clone Wars era stuff. Granted, the movies weren't amazing, but the games that came out from those prequel movies were fucking cool.

Olengie

Yoda knows how to use a spaceship. I guess people are surprised cuz they never figured him to be a pilot?

Gravidee

I can only dream about them acknowledging TCW at all in this game (or any other AAA game or live action film).

They are acknowledging it though, especially in this game. We already have space Ryloth in this trailer, Republic Y-wings, as well as the clone, battle droid, Maul and Yoda voices from the show. As for movies, Rogue One had Saw Gerrera from TCW as well as multiple cameos and references from Rebels.

This looks real fuckin cool, but I gotta say I laughed real hard at Yoda piloting a ship. I hope you can go in and out of the bigger starships like in BF2!

Ooh I saw the Slave I.

0:28. Flies right by the Falcon. You can hear its turrets.

Also people on Reddit are saying the Republic male and female voices sound like Ahsoka and Anakin's VAs from the TV show.

I'm astonished they put Maul's infiltrator in the game. Never thought I'd see that outside of the N64.

Also people on Reddit are saying the Republic male and female voices sound like Ahsoka and Anakin's VAs from the TV show.

I'm astonished they put Maul's infiltrator in the game. Never thought I'd see that outside of the N64.
Saw a bunch saying that in the comments as well.

Its in Galaxy of Heroes as well

Wagram

Advice to the devs. Don't show a scripted in engine footage segment and then gameplay right after. Made the actual gameplay look much worse by comparison.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kamino looks fucking amazing.

Advice to the devs. Don't show a scripted in engine footage segment and then gameplay right after. Made the actual gameplay look much worse by comparison.
This is generally good advice, but doesn't really apply to games that look as good as Battlefront II. Didn't for it's predecessor either.

TDLink

They are acknowledging it though, especially in this game. We already have space Ryloth in this trailer, Republic Y-wings, as well as the clone, battle droid, Maul and Yoda voices from the show. As for movies, Rogue One had Saw Gerrera from TCW as well as multiple cameos and references from Rebels.

I guess "acknowledging" isn't the right word. You're right, they're doing those things. But we aren't seeing the actual big characters from that show in this game (barring those that were -also- major film characters).

Like any of the named Clones (especially Rex), Ahsoka, Plo Koon, etc.

Just rewatched. 100% it is them. Hopefully that means Ahsoka and Clone Wars Anakin -are- in the game...

I guess "acknowledging" isn't the right word. You're right, they're doing those things. But we aren't seeing the actual big characters from that show in this game (barring those that were -also- major film characters).

Like any of the named Clones (especially Rex), Ahsoka, Plo Koon, etc.

Who says?

Top Bottom