• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds: Say hello to Happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScreenShot2014-05-19at41542PM_zps8d8f1fbf.png

Mrs Happy wants you to do the dishes

DJ_Lae

There is nothing appealing about that guy. Even my daughter says he looks silly, which is pretty much her code word for absolutely fucking insane.

She did clarify that he doesn't look creepy or scary, though, which I guess is something.

jaypah

I'm not outraged. It's not a great character but it's not horrible either. No worse than the early 80s (and 70s) McDonaldland crew. Like, for real, this is horrible but we put up with fucking Grimace?

RoadDogg

Are happy meal boxes a thing again? I have a kid and his happy meals have always come in bags. I don't think I've seen a happy meal box like this in at least 10 years if not more. I used to love them growing up, especially when they had the perforated holes in them to turn them into playsets for the toy you get. Like ramps for cars and stuff.

jaypah

Are happy meal boxes a thing again? I have a kid and his happy meals have always come in bags. I don't think I've seen a happy meal box like this in at least 10 years if not more. I used to love them growing up, especially when they had the perforated holes in them to turn them into playsets for the toy you get. Like ramps for cars and stuff.

I know in New Orleans there was a 15 (?) year span of just bags. Then it started to be actual boxes again here and there (which I thought was cool). These days I want to say it's mostly boxes again but I'm not certain.

Bricky

Wait, am I crazy or has this guy been around forever? (Europe, Netherlands)

Anyway, who cares. It's just some random little mascot. GAF overreactions are the best.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I was going to give him nipples with piercings, but I couldn't get it to look right. Also, when I was cutting out the nipples from the source pictures, I felt like a psychopath.
How would you have explained yourself if someone walked up behind you while you were editing pierced nipples onto the new McDonald's mascot?

char0n

It's like they decided since Ronald was dated/clowns are now generally considered creepy, they needed a new kid-friendly mascot, but somehow made it 100x worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom