• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds: Say hello to Happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/McDonalds/status/468466673784455169

P2oOXZK.jpg

NO.
FUCK NO.

Pinkerton

Neo Member
No one talking how they obviously got into the Minion from Despicable Me bandwagon? Those things are a hit worlwide, both kids and adults love dumb shit and find it hilarious/cute. I never liked the Minions, so a McDonald rip-off doesn't do it for me.

Have you seen their new happy meals toys? The Spiderman ones are fucking depressing, cheap chinese bootleg toys put them to disgrace

Edit: It has just come out in the US? We've had this monster for almost a year now!

CassSept

No one talking how they obviously got into the Minion from Despicable Me bandwagon? Those things are a hit worlwide, both kids and adults love dumb shit and find it hilarious/cute. I never liked the Minions, so a McDonald rip-off doesn't do it for me.

Have you seen their new happy meals toys? The Spiderman ones are fucking depressing, cheap chinese bootleg toys put them to disgrace

Edit: It has just come out in the US? We've had this monster for almost a year now!

Technically they started using the mascot before Despicable Me so not sure if serious.

But yeah, I've been seeing this hellish abomination for years now.

Pinkerton

Neo Member
Technically they started using the mascot before Despicable Me so not sure if serious.

But yeah, I've been seeing this hellish abomination for years now.

Nono, I'm actually serious. I've seen it for almost a year now, didn't expect it to be released before 2010. Still, shit taste all around the world for liking both of those creatures lol

Looks like a tweaked out meth fiend about to jack me.

Besides, this is not how you introduce a new mascot. Come on. If I was in charge of Mickey D's marketing, I would have introduced him in a short film/commercial that is entertaining and compelling enough on its own to justify Happy's existence before people even get a chance to shun him.

I just... Wow.

It's so utterly terrifying that I got a side stitch from laughing so much at it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I would hate for my food to have a personality of any sort. That's why I remain a non-vegetarian. If food had a personality, I would apologise to every single piece of food in existence for eating their half cousins. So please. Stop trying to make food friendly~ And, ultimately, stop being so pathetic~

EDIT EDIT: I have noticed that the picture is a bad one. My God, it's terrible. All the other pictures aren't too bad, really. Still. It's awfully creepy.

RPGCrazied

Back to the drawing board. That is hideous. That isn't going to make children want to eat, but run away screaming in terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom