• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

I feel like Dany has to die before the end.

They've built her up as this saviour for the world that I don't see things ending well for her.

Plus the whole Jon is the true Targaryan heir plot point doesn't really mean anything if she survives, seeing Jon wouldn't want the throne, but would reluctantly take it to continue her legacy.

RIP Dany.

Robot Pants

They've built her up as this saviour for the world that I don't see things ending well for her.

Plus the whole Jon is the true Targaryan heir plot point doesn't really mean anything if she survives, seeing Jon wouldn't want the throne, but would reluctantly take it to continue her legacy.

RIP Dany.
Oh yea she's dying for sure. I honestly thought/hoped she'd die on the dragon.

Vice

RIP Dany.

I think her being rejected by the people would be a better end. She's had a lot of big moments where whole cities/people bend the knee. For her to sit on the Iron Throne and have the big houses and regular people of Westeros say, "fuck you, Dany. You burned our supplies, killed our men and you're as crazy as your dad" would be the worst thing that could happen to her.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I think her being rejected by the people would be a better end. She's had a lot of big moments where whole cities/people bend the knee. For her to sit on the Iron Throne and have the big houses and regular people of Westeros say, "fuck you, Dany. You burned our supplies, killed our men and you're as crazy as your dad" would be the worst thing that could happen to her.

What has Dany done to the regular people of Westeros that's worse than what the Lannisters have done in Westeros for the past seven seasons? Has she pillaged and burned an entire region of Westeros, and allowed her soldiers and commanders to essentially operate a torture dungeon at one of the forts there? Has she had her troops steal from and murder commoners all in the name of keeping the King's peace? Did she plan the betrayal and slaughter of most of a noble house at a wedding were guest rights should have protected the victims? Did she kill scores of nobles and commoners alike by blowing up what is essentially the vatican? Does she have a brute go around a city executing anyone caught making jokes at her expense? Did she convince a lord to betray the house he swore to follow, which then facilitated the killing of that family and the sacking and looting of their capital?

Whether you die by dragon fire, or you are cut down by knights in armour, dying on the battlefield is part of war. As for the POWs, all but two returned to their homes. The majority of the people in Westeros hate Cersei and they hate the Lannisters. Why would all of Westeros be mad that someone is fighting the one family that everyone hates? If Tywin Lannister can brutally sack KL in the name of Robert, and Robert could in turn rule Westeros unchallenged for over a decade, I don't think the commoners are going to be concerned about shit that happened on a battlefield. Aegon melted castles slaughtered tens of thousands, didn't do anything to stop him from having all the lords in Westeros in bending the knee to him. Cersei blew up the Sept and people there throw parades for her the victories her naval commander provides.

Hey whatever happened to the people turning against the Lannisters.

Shouldn't the huge explosion have pissed them off even more

probably kept quit under fear of being killed and the peasants aren't gonna rise against her cause also fear.

I wouldn't be surprised if the city is under siege, the people will turn on her.

I assume pretty much all dissenters in the capital were wiped out by Zombie mountain at Cersei's orders - like they guy who went around taking shit about Cersei wanting his cock. Cersei made it very clear she was having The Mountain silence any bad shit talked about her.

Heshinsi

What some people think Westeros is like,

1ue8sr.jpg

1ue8z4.jpg

Volimar

The people probably think that Cersei is the only thing protecting them from the Dothraki coming to rape, murder, or enslave them. I imagine you can overlook a lot when that's the case.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Westeros peasantry are really dumb, considering they were throwing rotten fruit at Cersei a year or two ago. I doubt they'd even notice or care.

Hydrus

I'm just gonna say it, but I think Euron is a pointless, generic bad guy at this point in the series. I feel like they really should of left him out instead of making a new story line for him. I read a fan theory not that long ago where they think he will end up being the true final boss of GoT who steals the throne and the heros will have to kill after defeating the white walkers. If something like that were to happen, it would be the biggest load of BS ever. Hate when stories introduce the real main villain this late in a story.

I'm just gonna say it, but I think Euron is a pointless, generic bad guy at this point in the series. I feel like they really should of left him out instead of making a new story line for him. I read a fan theory not that long ago where they think he will end up being the true final boss of GoT who steals the throne and the heros will have to kill after defeating the white walkers. If something like that were to happen, it would be the biggest load of BS ever. Hate when stories introduce the real main villain this late in a story.
yeah I feel like they are setting up a redemption arc for Theon where he kills Euron to save his sister or just dies trying to save his sister. But that payoff is not satisfying since Euron has had less than a season of introduction/development. Not nearly the same satisfaction as Ramsay's death or Joffrey's and Joffrey's wasn't even satisfying. Boy deserved way worse.

Heshinsi

ImmediateColossalBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

QJEuronrope.gif

3aa40c19592566844545e43aa4cba70c.gif

The moment I realised that not invading KL from the jump was a blunder. You could have burned half the city down, and in a week no one would even remember.

"Look at what Cersei made us do!"

*KL citizens at the we beat Cersei parade*

3sSnvkF.jpg

fat-kid-celebrates.gif

FiggyCal

Banned
ImmediateColossalBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

QJEuronrope.gif

3aa40c19592566844545e43aa4cba70c.gif

The moment I realised that not invading KL from the jump was a blunder. You could have burned half the city down, and in a week no one would even remember.

*KL citizens at the we beat Cersei parade*

3sSnvkF.jpg

fat-kid-celebrates.gif

It still doesn't make sense. The White Walkers being on their way is even more of a reason to invade King's Landing right now. The whole suicide squad thing is cool, but extremely dumb. Why does Tyrion still have a job?

dabig2

*at the we beat Cersei parade*

Olenna straight up said that's the reason they should invade quickly, but unfortunately Tyrion's overthinking reigned for the day. The peasants there don't give a shit, just like how Jaime didn't give a shit about his ancestral home which allowed them to march on Highgarden and take it easily.

Tyrion was supposed to be the MVP of team Dany with his cunning, but all he's done in this season is play himself.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Done with my season 6 re-watch. Oh man, the music cues are on point between Cersei blowing up the cept, the Jon snow reveal, Jon becoming King and Dany on her boats, shit is so good.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder if the High Sparrow would have allowed the crown to intercede to fight the whitewalkers or would have accepted the end of the world as the will of the gods.

Heshinsi

Who the fuck suggests an armistice with a woman like Cersei? Right off the bat she tells Jaime she's going to use this opportunity to fuck them over. She really thinks she's Tywin Lannister. Tyrion, why are you so stupid man? Same Tyrion that was running circles around the KL shakers and movers while he was Hand, is now determined to play the game on the highest difficulty, and with every possible handicap enabled.

Haly

By my guess the High Sparrow would've been gung ho about marching north as long as it can be twisted into propaganda.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wonder if the High Sparrow would have allowed the crown to intercede to fight the whitewalkers or would have accepted the end of the world as the will of the gods.

He'd be too busy telling queens to fuck their kings.

Speevy

Banned
If you really think about it, Dany's biggest obstacle to overcome this season has been Tyrion.

His every decision has impeded her forward progress. He'll probably end up killing her before the series is over, and all she had to do was kill Cersei.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It's funny, I was thinking today about the Magnificent Seven beyond the wall and was thinking about how I'd rank them in order of who I like most to least. Then it had me thinking that I like Beric and Thoros, yet if I had to make a rough guess, both probably had between 10-15 minutes total screen time in the entire show's run so far, yet somehow I and many others really like them.

Game of Thrones just has a way of getting you to like characters who have pretty detestable quality or who aren't on screen very much.

Its one of the biggest plotholes of the show

and before anyone defends it, explain to me how did a riot happen IN SEASON TWO, when things were way better for the lannisters and winter hadnt begun yet. It makes no sense that the people would forget, especially considering the amount of sparrow followers and how much the commoners loved Margaery

Speevy

Banned
Game of Thrones has a habit of casting great actors in parts that have little dialogue, and mediocre actors in parts that have half the show's dialogue.

Its one of the biggest plotholes of the show

and before anyone defends it, explain to me how did a riot happen IN SEASON TWO, when things were way better for the lannisters and winter hadnt begun yet. It makes no sense that the people would forget, especially considering the amount of sparrow followers and how much the commoners loved Margaery
I can't remember the riots then. Why did people riot?

FiggyCal

Banned
It's funny, I was thinking today about the Magnificent Seven beyond the wall and was thinking about how I'd rank them in order of who I like most to least. Then it had me thinking that I like Beric and Thoros, yet if I had to make a rough guess, both probably had between 10-15 minutes total screen time in the entire show's run so far, yet somehow I and many others really like them.

Game of Thrones just has a way of getting you to like characters who have pretty detestable quality or who aren't on screen very much.

The guy who plays Beric is great. He also has a really cool voice.

Speevy

Banned
Does any business actually get conducted in King's Landing?

Like...do taxes get collected? Is there law enforcement of any kind? It's hard to figure out just who runs the city anymore and how they run it.

Haly

Does any business actually get conducted in King's Landing?

Like...do taxes get collected? Is there law enforcement of any kind? It's hard to figure out just who runs the city anymore and how they run it.
Gold Cloaks and fermented crab.

And prostitution.

FiggyCal

Banned
I don't think the Iron Bank would exist if people weren't investing in businesses.

Edit: And I guess a police force is more of a modern invention? Does that sound right?

Top Bottom