• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
33914f2ce03b63f614156e193d208e56.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mechanic E gives you energy counters!

If there's a good way to get energy counters Aetherworks Marvel is possibly busted.

Crocodile

Yeah this "Energy" reveal hasn't wowed me. Maybe this was the wrong card to reveal

Fabricate looks cool (ignoring it uses a already used card name)

I feel blessed to not know what LN stands for.

Go educate yourself

and join us in the mud :p

I guess I view Dack's as being so matchup dependent, and he makes more sense in eternal formats. In an imaginary format where I have some R/U shell with both Dac and Saheeli are legal and I'm facing down Bant Company, Dack's -2 is dead and he protects himself even less

This seems like a bad way to evaluate a card?

This feels like a mechanic from another game.

Pokemon TCG

Energy is a much more interesting mechanic than it sounds like. Mixing per-turn resources and ongoing mechanics together adds a ton of strategic value.

Fabricate is such a hearthstone mechanic, omg.

El Topo

How do those mechanic make me feel like an inventor? I mean, you don't...invent things. Mechanics look promising, but time will tell.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How do those mechanic make me feel like an inventor? I mean, you don't...invent things.

Mechanic E is going to sink or swim based on the entire lineup of cards, not just one or two. I can see it being super cool and interesting if, like he says, it presents a lot of strategic decisions game to game

ultron87

Interesting that it is a non-creature with a set Power and Toughness before you crew it.

I wonder if they'll start doing manlands that way.

El Topo

Mechanic E is going to sink or swim based on the entire lineup of cards, not just one or two. I can see it being super cool and interesting if, like he says, it presents a lot of strategic decisions game to game

Neat mechanics, more decisions, interesting sure, but all that doesn't have anything to do with inventing. Whether or not those decisions will matter and work together well is also a very different question.

So I suppose energy was supposed to be what charge counters on mirrodin ended up being.
It'll have to prove itself different to that to prove interesting.

Not very impressed so far.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
3ab06cab62993ce11a78a95d317d475d.png

This is... not how I thought this would work at all.

lol i have to rename my ship mechanic in my custom set now

Every time I play this I will shout NOW THIS IS PODRACING

Fou-Lu

I don't get the hate for energy. Another persistent resource is something I've felt would add a lot to MTG for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom