• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

Some Press Kits

Ratchet and Clank
ratchetandclankpresskit3.jpg
ratchetandclankpresskit2.jpg
ratchetandclankpresskit1.jpg

Tekken 4
tekken4presskit1.jpg
tekken4presskit2.jpg

Sly Cooper
slycooperpresskit2.jpg
slycooperpresskit1.jpg

Forula One 2001
f12001presskit1.jpg
f12001presskit2.jpg

MisterHero

I have lots of games for all Nintendo consoles but these are the only ones I can comfortably consider rare.

EarthBound
Zelda OoT + Master Quest Disc
Zelda Collector's Edition
PSO Episode I&II - Gamecube Version
Tetris DS
Resident Evil Remake + RE Zero with PURE EVIL Box***

I remember hearing Skies of Arcadia Legends for Gamecube being rare, but I'm not sure about that one.

Now for dumb hypothetical instances. :p

I encountered a couple of opportunities to own Nintendo World Championship NES cartridges. They were very cheap, but I was broke. Once was the white label with the switches. The second one was gold and had the switches, but it was so cheap, it was either fake, or the owner didn't have any idea what he was selling.

*** WTF Someone's trying to sell a sealed version on Amazon for $1,299!!!

i have a tshirt of phoenix wright signed by minae and i got a tshirt for project soul (calibur 5) (also signed).

I also have a bunch of posters signed by hideo and charles martinett.

Oh, i have a pacman lanyard and a frogger one.

uhm, in the term of games, i have cosmic fantasy, yggra union aaaand the 4 nes dragon warriors. if u guys want pics, please tell

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jet Force Gemini:

Has Mr. Pants, awful character design, a too hard final boss that is only unlocked after clearing the rest of the game 100% (and one you can screw yourself out of beating too if you don't do weapon pickups right) and that has a few homage games to their time as one of the most prolific behind the scenes workhorse studio of the 8bit era.

Juan Carlo

Neo Member
I don't know how rare it is, I've never looked, but my most prized gaming posession is probably "The Roberta Williams Anthology." It has every game Roberta Williams ever made for Sierra Online, plus a pretty awesome booklet.

Octagon

I have a copy of Cotton 100% for SNES and lots of other stuff which i am too lazy to mention.
Cotton is a really nice game though.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Only one of those games can be considered rare. The Final Fantasy games had MILLIONS of copies printed.

Black label Final Fantasy VII I would consider pretty rare, I'm not sure if that's the one rare game you were referring to. Quite honestly, like someone pointed out, anything can be bought on eBay... so the definition of rare is subjective.

I would say any item that retains it's original release value, or has increased since it's release I would call 'rare'. Or at the very least, collectible.

Not necessarily rare, but I have all of the Resident Evil ports for GameCube, which are expensive and tough to find. I managed to get them all for a reasonably good deal several years ago.

BibiMaghoo

I have two copies of the PSX Blood Omen:Legacy of Kain.

Excellent game, and quite rare to find, although you can get the digital version on the US PSN these days. Prior to this, copies were selling for £50. I dont know what its worth now.

Also, Star Ocean on PS2 (til the end of time), to my knowledge, the only PS2 game that required 2 DVD's for its main game.

BlackJace

Not really rare, but Metroid Prime Trilogy collector's edition.
Apparently its pretty hard to find now I guess. Whoopie?

And its a fantastic game collection BTW. Prime 1 remains a masterpiece in my eye.

larvi

I have quite a few older PC RPGs all complete in box, looking at prices. Daggerfall, Ultima V and VI and Final Fantasy VII triangle box are probably the ones worth the most not that any of them are all that rare.

The_End

I guess it would have to be either Dragon Force for the Saturn or Suikoden II for the PSX. Not sure how truly rare either on those two are, but that's as close as I get to having rare games.

Lausebub

Banned
Wow, you guys have some awesome stuff to show off! The rarest thing I have is probably Donkey Kong/DK Jr. for NES in original packaging and an unopened copy of Metroid Prime. That's it.

I wonder if any of my gyakuten saiban (ace attorney) collection is rare.

I have the Apollo Justice special edition briefcase set with preorder headphones, the Gyakuten Kenji (Edgeworth Investigations) special edition set, and the Gyakuten Kenji DSi.

Not at home so can't take pictures

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hmn, this is a bit hard to judge for me since I don't keep tabs on how valued games are as I don't plan to sell any particularly.

If I had to take a swing at it, I'm pretty sure White Day: A Labyrinth Named School would be there. It's a obscure Korean horror game which a friend got for me in very good condition, and I hear the game is extremely rare due to it's obscure nature and Korean-only release.

Huh, I have hundreds of games and I'm sure some of them are rare but as of now as someone who doesn't look into these things that much I wouldn't be 100% sure which of these games I own are super rare and which only moderately. I own some old Dreamcast and SEGA Saturn games still, and unfortunately sold a lot of my old collection before I made the resolve to not sell my games if there was ever even the slightest chance I might want to play them in the future.

Decided to look up Gamecube games for an example, and from several articles of "rare Gamecube games" I do own Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 Plus, Cubivore, Legend Of Zelda: Collector’s Edition, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, Ikaruga, Pikmin 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Resident Evil Zero, Beyond Good and Evil, and Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix. Are those really that rare? I would think some of these other games would be more so.

I don't own anything that could really be considered rare. Possibly the rarest thing I own (that I can think of) is my copy of Majora's Mask, with the the hologram label on the front. But there must be 100,000s of those at least.

Perhaps some of my other N64 games are now rather rare. (Aerofighters Assault, maybe?)

Shining Force 3 Premium Disc
Panzer Dragoon Saga (pal)
Street Fighter 3 3rd something (DC pal)
Battle Garrega
Radiant Silvergun
Every cave PS2 shoot'em'up
Lunar / Lunar 2 (Mega CD NTSCUS & PSX NTSCUS spangly editions)
Suikoden psx pal

Those are ones I recall seeing for fairly high prices at some point at least.

eXistor

I don't think I own any actually rare titles, but in terms of value these seem to go for quite a bit:

All mint in box, except where noted.

Earthbound
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG-complete, but some user marks on there
Mother 3
Mother 3 GB Micro
ICO-European cardboard sleeve
Suikoden II
Tomba-missing manual, but I found the game in a thrift store for €3,-
Secret of Mana-complete, but used
Secret of Evermore-complete, but used
Super Metroid-German Big Box edition, I was an idiot as a kid, so the strategy guide that came with it is missing its front cover.
Terranigma-1 loose English cart and 1 French sealed with strategy guide
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Orbital (who knew this was considered rare?)
Shenmue-Dreamcast
REZ-Dreamcast
Lunar 1 and 2 Sega CD-complete, slightly used
Dragon Force
Shining Force 3
Dark Saviour
Castlevania Bloodlines (2x)
Castlevania Chronicles
Alien Storm
Steel Battalion
Zelda Spirit Tracks Limited Tin box Edition
Zelda GC Collection (2x)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 Xbox
Sonic Generations EU CE X360
Final Fantasy III SNES
MGS Twin Snakes (1 PAL, 1 NTSC)
Cubivore
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Ikaruga GC

There's more, but really most of this stuff isn't rare at all (loads of PSX, and PS2 rpg's).

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I wonder if any of my gyakuten saiban (ace attorney) collection is rare.

I have the Apollo Justice special edition briefcase set with preorder headphones, the Gyakuten Kenji (Edgeworth Investigations) special edition set, and the Gyakuten Kenji DSi.

Not at home so can't take pictures

yeah please post pictures of this later! My favorite thing that I own is JPN first edition Gyakuten Saiban DS game and case. The artwork on the thing is sooo much better than the US version.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
For those who have went through the entire thread. Who has actually posted the most rare and/or expensive item here on gaf?

gerudoman

I suppose it's a GC copy of Twilight Princess, but it's not exactly as rare as expensive. I also have Zelda Collector's Edition, Four Swords Adventures with the cardboard box and the limited edition of Wind Waker, but with a black box >.<

therapist

Probably castlevania 1 on nes...i do not own many rare games.

I do have mushihimesama on 360 but thats not exactly rare its just an import game =P

Top Bottom