• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequence |OT| Rhythm, Role-Playing, and Ronald Jenkees

Feep

Banned
Iridium Studios' next game is in preproduction.

That's all I'm going to say.

Except that it will blow your effing mind.

And you should buy Sequence to support its development. = D

Come on, custom soundtracks for the PC version. Who cares if it messes with the difficulty balance, there's only so many times you can play a Ron Jenkees song. At least put the option in there.

Congrats on the Steam approval, by the way.

Feep said:
Iridium Studios' next game is in preproduction.

That's all I'm going to say.

Except that it will blow your effing mind.

And you should buy Sequence to support its development. = D

wQeA9.gif

Feep

Banned
LocoMrPollock said:
Come on, custom soundtracks for the PC version. Who cares if it messes with the difficulty balance, there's only so many times you can play a Ron Jenkees song. At least put the option in there.

Congrats on the Steam approval, by the way.
It's just destructive. Songs with BPM changes would be completely screwed (the one song in the game with BPM changes is all hand-coded), and it's actually extremely difficult to even tell the appropriate alignment for when a song's first note "is". Not saying it's impossible (AudioSurf does it pretty well), but it's certainly difficult, and with thirteen days...

= (

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Woah, Steam launch in 10 days?
Will the price point be as low? Criminal to not buy again.
Valve been open about their price/sales marketing and suggesting things like 4 packs, etc?

Feep

Banned
Hazaro said:
Woah, Steam launch in 10 days?
Will the price point be as low? Criminal to not buy again.
Valve been open about their price/sales marketing and suggesting things like 4 packs, etc?
Almost. $4.99...which was our original intended price point, but sales data showed all 400 MSP games on the indie service tanked, hard. Plus, we added Achievements and Cloud Saves and customizable keyboard/mouse controls and fixed bugs and stuff!

This game doesn't really make sense as a four-pack, since there's no multiplayer. But we're hoping to get in on some Steam Holiday Sales action. = D

Feep

Banned
I need a guinea pig.

First person to respond and help me out a bit gets a free copy of Sequence!

Edit: Thanks! Yeah, Steam copy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Feep said:
I need a guinea pig.

First person to respond and help me out a bit gets a free copy of Sequence!

Edit: Thanks! Yeah, Steam copy.
I will take it if you still have it. I posted in your thread earlier too. Congrats and best wishes :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
wwm0nkey said:
Did you miss the free copy for every GAF member page?
I cleared that up in a PM. I'm thinking maybe he will be nice and send me one first! Of course I saw that thread :p

Does the game works with 1024x768 4:3 monitors?

The game dosn't displays correctly and windowed, I assume it was done with at least 720p on mind :(

Feep said:
Need a minimum 1280x720 resolution at the moment. Planning to fix this very shortly with a patch, though. = P

A "Thanks" here too. :)

Feep

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
Does the game works with 1024x768 4:3 monitors?

The game dosn't displays correctly and windowed, I assume it was done with at least 720p on mind :(
Need a minimum 1280x720 resolution at the moment. Planning to fix this very shortly with a patch, though. = P

Got done playing a few battles or so. I'm not a rhythm game person by any means, but using the mouse left and right click is great for changing what playfield you want to be at instead of using Q and E.

I put my game on easy just to get the feel for it and still sometimes get overwhelmed. Might be because I wanted to cast a spell and switching over to Defense side at the same time lol.

Rarely I have stuttering issues, like when I was trying to learn the Fallout spell, it would freeze for less than a second. I think it was due to the Steam notification I was getting during my playtime.

Zafir

Really enjoying it so far, love the music and dialogue. My only problem is the timing. I seem to press the arrows when theyre at the bottom but it often doesn't recognise, forcing me to have to mash instead. Or maybe I just suck, who knows.

Haunted

Thanks for the copy, Feep!

Tried out the tutorial and 2 or 3 battles and it's definitely a unique mix of genres.

One DDR screen is usually enough to fuck me up so I'm not sure how I'll handly switching between three of them. :D But I'll perservere. The voice acting is really good for a small studio effort, I must say.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Been playing for a bit, and it's really nice!

However, one thing about the tutorial confused me: It said that when there are two notes/gems to hit at once, you have to use both WASD and the arrow keys to do it. But this doesn't seem to be true, as I was able to hit both of them using just the arrows. So, what's up here...? Is it possible for two of the same gem to drop at once (e.g. two left arrow gems, which would require both A and the left arrow key to be pressed)? Or should the tutorial really say that you can use both WASD and the arrow keys at once?

Herla

Heh the first boss is oddly familiar.
Really liking it so far, I can see myself crafting every single item/scroll. Sooo addictive!

RoadHazard said:

However, one thing about the tutorial confused me: It said that when there are two notes/gems to hit at once, you have to use both WASD and the arrow keys to do it. But this doesn't seem to be true, as I was able to hit both of them using just the arrows. So, what's up here...? Is it possible for of the same gem to drop at once? Or should the tutorial really say that you can use both WASD and the arrow keys at once?

It's probably because you can't do that with a controller, so the instructions don't change.

Feep

Banned
RoadHazard said:

However, one thing about the tutorial confused me: It said that when there are two notes/gems to hit at once, you have to use both WASD and the arrow keys to do it. But this doesn't seem to be true, as I was able to hit both of them using just the arrows. So, what's up here...? Is it possible for two of the same gem to drop at once (e.g. two left arrow gems, which would require both A and the left arrow key to be pressed)? Or should the tutorial really say that you can use both WASD and the arrow keys at once?
Yeah, you're set with just one set of arrow keys. I completely overlooked that, to be honest. = D

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just played for about an hour and loving literally everything about it so far.

Honestly if I had played that as a demo and saw it for 15$ on steam/xbla I'd have bought it so 5$ is a steal
got a free code
. Going to buy 2-3 copies as gifts for people. Shocked that the writing/voice acting is pretty entertaining as well. Small games like this tend to go down the shitter in that area.

jett

D-Member
Ah what the fuck the game's re-installing NET framework again after loading it up a second time? Steam can be really stupid sometimes.

Game's pretty cool so far, but I think I oughta increase the difficulty up a notch.

Mikeside

LuchaShaq said:
Just played for about an hour and loving literally everything about it so far.

Honestly if I had played that as a demo and saw it for 15$ on steam/xbla I'd have bought it so 5$ is a steal
got a free code
. Going to buy 2-3 copies as gifts for people. Shocked that the writing/voice acting is pretty entertaining as well. Small games like this tend to go down the shitter in that area.

my thoughts exactly throughout this post

bought on XBLA, but finally actually PLAYED on steam :D
shall be buying some gift copies

Feep

Banned
jett said:
Ah what the fuck the game's re-installing NET framework again after loading it up a second time? Steam can be really stupid sometimes.

Game's pretty cool so far, but I think I oughta increase the difficulty up a notch.
Nope! That's my bad. Should be fixed in a couple hours when I get up Windowed Mode.

beje

Banned
soooogooood.gif

I felt guilty getting this as a freebie so I donated towards the next project. Keep up the good work!

It's a shame I no longer have the soft DDR pads around. It would be crazy fun though I would need a Wii nunchuck or something like that to be able to select and activate spells.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'll copypasta what I said in the game giving thread:

OK FEEP.

Time for some quick review.

Some positives

1. Great music
2. Great value at under 5 dollars (I think it's closer to a $9.99 game myself)
3. Female voice actress does a very good job
4. This is crafting done right
5. I like the little subtle bits of humour

I was going to go into more critiques, but fuck me I got this game for free :p

I will say I find the end of battle effect annoying. You're chilling to some tunes and then suddenly BRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH! I wish there was an option to tone that down. Otherwise, fucking good job man! :D

Game is awesome! Just played for two hours straight. Used to play like flash flash revolution and other DDR clones with a keyboard for fun in school all the time. So this game is right up my alley, the RPG mechanics make it that much more involved and switching between the various arrow streams and nailing those combos is a lot of fun. All the music I've played so far is great.

The voice acting and story bits aren't bad either! Mad props, I'm definitely going to be donating and telling all my friends about this game. Might even get my buddy a copy for his birthday. Quite the pleasant surprise.

Woah this game is pretty awesome. First boss battle was an unexpected difficulty spike compared to the normal mooks, but I still came nowhere close to dying. Playing on Medium for now.

Torraz

The writing/the script is brilliant. The first boss was hilarious. The voice actors also do a good job on the delivery though the % based random drop / craft system seems hellbent on making me suffer (as usually).

edit: played 109 minutes straight.

waicol

Banned
Fuckawezome game, my only critic is that the voices coulda been processed a bit, a subtle reverb and some dynamics are always welcome. Music is boss.

wwm0nkey

You know I JUST beat the game on the Xbox, bought it at launch and got to the 7th floor but forgot to beat it lol

Seriously though great game on both platforms Feep!

Top Bottom