• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequence |OT| Rhythm, Role-Playing, and Ronald Jenkees

Gaspode_T

You know you've hit the big time when you've offended a whole country!

Speaking as someone with a tiny percentage of Polish blood in me, I wholly forgive you on behalf of Poland ;)

Feep

Banned
Eh.

My "apology" was pretty much "I apologize if you feel offended, but I'm not censoring or altering the game in any way, nor will I approach writing or game design differently in the future."

Also, if hot water is a hundred or so angry E-mails, sure?

Just popping by to say it's a great game with better writing and humour than 99,9% of all current video games.

I'm on level 7 ATM but don't have time to finish it (and that cloud monster is pretty tough). Perhaps I'll just youtube the ending.

Feep

Banned
Just popping by to say it's a great game with better writing and humour than 99,9% of all current video games.

I'm on level 7 ATM but don't have time to finish it (and that cloud monster is pretty tough). Perhaps I'll just youtube the ending.
Search for user "mallowken" on YouTube; he has everything up sequentially, including all cutscenes.

I recommend it; the final twist is like whoa what.

vall03

just got to Floor 4, and my god, the difficulty suddenly spiked. The first song feels a bit faster than the previous floor boss. But anyway, really enjoying the game since I went from Floor 1 - Floor 4 in only a couple of hours. Will take a break for a while and maybe continue this tomorrow.

Collete

I finished the game awhile back and I have to say; it's one of the best Indie games I've played. At the time, my copy was given free (I felt a bit bad getting a free copy from you, Feep). Then when I actually got enough money to buy anything on Steam, I just bought Sequence again just like that, ha.

The story line itself was something I was not expecting at all. Thought it was going to be very cliched but it really was not. (Would say more but I'm not spoiling it.)

Honestly wasn't expecting any voice acting in this game, which came to be a huge surprise when I started playing it. The voice acting was one of the best things I heard in any media. Sometimes, even big time video companies do not even hire the right voice actor for a part. All the voice acting was smooth and natural, hardly any flaws in it.

Game play was a bit confusing at first albeit, I wasn't sure on how to time my hits on the keys with arrows. Switching from attack field, spell field and to a mana field was a bit hard for me (top that off watch the other screens to make sure you aren't missing a spell or an attack) since I can't multitask if my life depended on it. But once I got the hang of it after the first floor or so, this problem almost vanished.

The game itself ran smoothly from my end. There were no glitches, graphical errors, crashing, etc.

All in all, I really enjoyed the game; and if a Sequence 2 does comes out, definitely going to buy it!

Feep

Banned
I finished the game awhile back and I have to say; it's one of the best Indie games I've played. At the time, my copy was given free (I felt a bit bad getting a free copy from you, Feep). Then when I actually got enough money to buy anything on Steam, I just bought Sequence again just like that, ha.

The story line itself was something I was not expecting at all. Thought it was going to be very cliched but it really was not. (Would say more but I'm not spoiling it.)

Honestly wasn't expecting any voice acting in this game, which came to be a huge surprise when I started playing it. The voice acting was one of the best things I heard in any media. Sometimes, even big time video companies do not even hire the right voice actor for a part. All the voice acting was smooth and natural, hardly any flaws in it.

Game play was a bit confusing at first albeit, I wasn't sure on how to time my hits on the keys with arrows. Switching from attack field, spell field and to a mana field was a bit hard for me (top that off watch the other screens to make sure you aren't missing a spell or an attack) since I can't multitask if my life depended on it. But once I got the hang of it after the first floor or so, this problem almost vanished.

The game itself ran smoothly from my end. There were no glitches, graphical errors, crashing, etc.

All in all, I really enjoyed the game; and if a Sequence 2 does comes out, definitely going to buy it!
Awwww. Warm and fuzzy feelings.

Thanks for supporting me even though I gave you a free copy. = D I obviously didn't intend to recoup a lot of the zero dollars I spent giving those copies away, but it's always really nice to see people drop a couple bucks if they liked it.

Thanks for the feedback! And whatever our next game will be, rest assured it will be super cool.

Feep

Banned
Sequence Reaches 100,000 Sales

Iridium Studios’ flagship title reaches an impressive and yet numerically arbitrary total

LOS ANGELES, CA, March 19th, 2012 – Sequence, the critically lauded rhythm/RPG hybrid from indie developer Iridium Studios, has sold a combined 100,000 copies on the Steam, Xbox Live Indie Games, and GamersGate platforms in a mere five months’ time.

“Seriously, though, that value only has significance because of the base-10 system humanity has taken a liking to,” said Jason Wishnov, CEO of Iridium Studios. “It has no actual meaning. If we were in base-9, we would have celebrated 59,049 copies sold instead.”

Peers in the gaming industry have told Iridium Studios to kindly shut up and profusely thank their fans, who helped them to achieve that precious sixth digit. Iridium, after some mild grumbling, agreed. They are currently working on a second game, which is very mysterious and you should not ask questions about it because that would totally ruin the suspense, man.

The first of Iridium Studios’ titles, Sequence features over 12 hours of gameplay, 90 minutes of recorded dialogue, and 28 tracks from Ronald Jenkees and Michael Wade Hamilton. Players switch back and forth between three separate streams of notes, fending off enemy attacks while maintaining a constant barrage of offensive and defensive spells. The art and character design were completed by Wendi Chen.

For more details about the series, including the official launch trailer, cast, and screenshots, please visit www.playiridium.com.
Yeehaw!

A question.

What is the percentage at the End of the round? Like 28%?
Is it a 28% Chance to get that item?

I fought against the Cyan Storm for 10 times and still didnt get the treasured item :D

Feep

Banned
A question.

What is the percentage at the End of the round? Like 28%?
Is it a 28% Chance to get that item?

I fought against the Cyan Storm for 10 times and still didnt get the treasured item :D
Yup.

Mathematically, there's only a 4% chance of that happening (not getting it after ten attempts)...but with thousands of people playing, it's bound to happen to someone. = ( I will note that the 28% item is not needed or useful till the very end of the game, where you will be 1) Far more powerful and 2) Have an accessory that can increase the drop rates.

Mzo

I feel really bad that I put off playing this game until yesterday because it really is pretty excellent.

Tried it out for a few minutes before leaving to do some chores and the next time I looked at the clock, it was 3 hours later =[

Fantastic game, though. Great writing and VA work, too.

cj_iwakura

Just got the normal ending. Amazing stuff.

Great VA.

Patrick Seitz! How'd you get Ragna in on this!?

Only one critique: would've been nice if the arrows looked more professional or flashy, like ITG or something.

The true ending involves the ??? floor, I assume?

Adored how the credits were done.

(Banned creator? Sad face. :( )

Feep

Banned
Just got the normal ending. Amazing stuff.

Great VA.

Patrick Seitz! How'd you get Ragna in on this!?

Only one critique: would've been nice if the arrows looked more professional or flashy, like ITG or something.

The true ending involves the ??? floor, I assume?

Adored how the credits were done.

(Banned creator? Sad face. :( )
LIKE A PHOENIX

It does involve the ??? floor!

I'm friends with Mr. Seitz...he was more than willing to record some thirty loops of dialog for certainly-lower-than-industry-standard pay. = D

Thanks for the praise!

cj_iwakura

LIKE A PHOENIX

It does involve the ??? floor!

I'm friends with Mr. Seitz...he was more than willing to record some thirty loops of dialog for certainly-lower-than-industry-standard pay. = D

Thanks for the praise!

Yep, I got the true ending, just left me confused. :p You better have more on the way!
Maybe a Pump It Up style sequel...
(Welcome back!)

That's what practice mode is for! :O

I ended up just buying it on XBLA so I wouldn't have the system level issues any more.

Ugh, skipping the tutorial was bad news bears. It crashed when I synthed the black potion and it locks me out of choosing other options besides the item tutorial. Probably a one off bug.

Top Bottom