• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequence |OT| Rhythm, Role-Playing, and Ronald Jenkees

elseanio

Loving it so far. Seem to miss a couple times when I was sure I got it, but I guess I will just get used to the timing.

Torraz said:
The writing/the script is brilliant. The first boss was hilarious. The voice actors also do a good job on the delivery though the % based random drop / craft system seems hellbent on making me suffer (as usually).
If it makes you feel better, I spent three or four hours playing the same fight about fifty times in order to grab a 7% drop :lol

Damn bad luck

The M.O.B

360 D-pad strikes again, this pos d-pad keeps messing me up on when I have to use it for the Double arrows.

Other than that, game has more depth than I originally thought :/

PS. Gator Fan? Ewwwwww

DigiMish

Posted this in your giveaway thread, but realized it would be better here:

The game crashed when I first clicked on the RAW tab under Gear my first time in the room.

After I relaunched and hit continue, it went fine.

All in all, I've been enjoying the game - it's definitely unique. After realizing the game's mechanics, I immediately thought how much fun a versus mode would be against a friend.

Honestly, while the dialog is well done, I think it's a bit too long for my taste. Definitely having fun with the gameplay though. Good job!

Feep

Banned
DigiMish said:
Posted this in your giveaway thread, but realized it would be better here:

The game crashed when I first clicked on the RAW tab under Gear my first time in the room.

After I relaunched and hit continue, it went fine.

All in all, I've been enjoying the game - it's definitely unique. After realizing the game's mechanics, I immediately thought how much fun a versus mode would be against a friend.

Honestly, while the dialog is well done, I think it's a bit too long for my taste. Definitely having fun with the gameplay though. Good job!
Was this click during the tutorial, or no? Was it before Naia told you to go there?

Feep said:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1477299/

Not single. Married with children. = D
XcDbJ.jpg

Well, shit.

DigiMish

Feep said:
Was this click during the tutorial, or no? Was it before Naia told you to go there?

The click was during the tutorial as Naia was asking me to click on every tab under Gear. Game crashed with a generic xxx has crashed Win7 message.

Also, not really a bug - but during that tutorial when Naia has a conversation with you, she mentions your level is 5, when in fact mine was 6 because I leveled through the first battles before I got to the room.

Regarding the dialog, my meh reaction is only between Ky and Naia. I just beat the first boss, and that dude's dialog was hilarious. Can't wait to see the other floor bosses.

Also, your item descriptions are boss.

Feep

Banned
DigiMish said:
The click was during the tutorial as Naia was asking me to click on every tab under Gear. Game crashed with a generic xxx has crashed Win7 message.

Also, not really a bug - but during that tutorial when Naia has a conversation with you, she mentions your level is 5, when in fact mine was 6 because I leveled through the first battles before I got to the room.

Regarding the dialog, my meh reaction is only between Ky and Naia. I just beat the first boss, and that dude's dialog was hilarious. Can't wait to see the other floor bosses.

Also, your item descriptions are boss.
I thought it was COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to level to Level 2 before hitting the tutorial. What kind of ridiculous bonus XP multiplier did you pull off?!

Edit: Or did the crash make you play a battle a third time, giving you the XP you needed?

DigiMish

Feep said:
I thought it was COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to level to Level 2 before hitting the tutorial. What kind of ridiculous bonus XP multiplier did you pull off?!

Edit: Or did the crash make you play a battle a third time, giving you the XP you needed?

I did all the battles the game threw at me before I got into the room (2 or 3 - can't remember). I remember I unlocked 2 achievements from 1 battle, so maybe whatever awesome thing I did to earn them, I went to lvl. 6 because of that.

I would tell you what achievements I got, but for some reason in Steam when I click on the view achievements for Sequence, it just takes me to my blank profile page with games I recommended. Other games I have on Steam take me to their respective achievements page. Might want to look into that! One of the achievement pictures I earned was a target sign I think.

No, after I hit continue on the main menu after the crash, it threw me straight back into the safe room where Naia once again started explaining to me what the tabs did - I didn't have to replay any of the battles.

EDIT: One of the achievements was "On your way".

TheExodu5

Banned
Phenomenal job responding to issues on the Steam forum, by the way. It instills a lot of confidence, which I think is very important.

piKnic

Hi there!

I've just gotten Sequence and I'm having a little problem. My friend just told me he asked for help on my behalf, but I thought I might have more pertinent information.

I've always used my PlayStation 2 dance pad (with USB adaptor) to play StepMania on PC, and never had any problems. My new Windows 7 PC recognizes it as the same device as XP (SHOCK2 joystick), but when I go to play Sequence, I can't use it. When setting the controls, none of the dance pad's buttons (panels?) work.

Is it possible to get my pad to work right now? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Feep

Banned
tfg9000 said:
Are dance pads supported? My friends pad isn't detected by the game but windows and other applications seems to have no issue with it.
At the moment, only Xbox 360 dance pads are supported. I plan to fix this (after all these slightly more pressing issues), but dance pads are only supported in conjunction with a controller...there's no way to access all the inputs you need otherwise.

To the above: same thing. = (

Feep

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Just use a program to map your dance pad to keyboard commands like XPadder or Joy2Key or something.
This will work, but remember, you'll still need an alternate form of control...holding a keyboard while you dance would be ridiculous, but you can one-hand a 360 controller (you only need a few extra buttons). = D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Having a great time with the game. Although two things irk me.

1: You can literally mash the keys to hit the note.
2: Not mashing and hitting the note EXACTLY on time not a little early not a little late seems to not register sometimes, the arrow will light up and it just keeps going, you can then mash it and get the note still "late" x.x

Maybe you can patch in a pentalty system for hitting before anything is even there. Then again, that kinda fucks over dance pad users. Maybe next time make it so, perfect/good = 0 damage taken, bad = 1 damage, and miss = 2

Then for mana 1 for bad 2 for good 3 for perfect

uhh I guess for offensive a bad total = 50% spell damage, good = 100%, all perfect = 150%

Then again there already a bunch of things going on at once, but it would put a small sense of reward for perfecting things and even with the way the game is now IT'S A GOD DAMN BLAST

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This game is freaking awesome. I'll definitely donate or I'll end up feeling bad for getting it free of charge.

Nabs

Made a basic Xpadder config for my arcade stick. Feels pretty good. I'll probably setup a 360ce profile in a bit.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Feep said:
Nah, not yet.
It's spitting a 1280x1024 resolution on my 1900x1200 monitor, which means it's all messed up.

No way to manually change resolutions, through a .ini option, a command line option or anything like that?

I can tell you the voice made sound effects and main menu music kicks ass, but nothing much after that, as I refuse to play games (or watch movies, for that matter) with wrong aspect ratio.

Edit: Good to know a windowed patch is coming. Will play when it hits.

ultron87

Really fun so far.

I think there might be something off with the difficulty select on picking a new game. I'm 98 percent sure I picked the hard mode and was shocked at how easy it was. I then cranked it up to expert got blown away.

After toggling through the difficulties again I'm pretty sure I was on easy at the start despite what I picked.

Feep

Banned
ultron87 said:
Really fun so far.

I think there might be something off with the difficulty select on picking a new game. I'm 98 percent sure I picked the hard mode and was shocked at how easy it was. I then cranked it up to expert got blown away.

After toggling through the difficulties again I'm pretty sure I was on easy at the start despite what I picked.
No matter what you pick to start, the tutorial and the first two battles will be locked at easy. Afterwards, your selected difficulty shines through.

PaulLFC

Is there any way to force the game to run windowed? Alt+Enter and adding -window and then -windowed to the launch options in Steam didn't seem to work. No problem if not, just wondering :)

Feep

Banned
PaulLFC said:
Is there any way to force the game to run windowed? Alt+Enter and adding -window and then -windowed to the launch options in Steam didn't seem to work. No problem if not, just wondering :)
Uploading the fix to Valve. The update is going to be HUGE, as essentially all compressed textures had to be uncompressed due to limitations in the Reach profiling system. On the plus side, most people getting that weird Cannot identify a DirectX Device that supports HiDef profile should be able to play...

drizzle said:
It's spitting a 1280x1024 resolution on my 1900x1200 monitor, which means it's all messed up.

No way to manually change resolutions, through a .ini option, a command line option or anything like that?

I can tell you the voice made sound effects and main menu music kicks ass, but nothing much after that, as I refuse to play games (or watch movies, for that matter) with wrong aspect ratio.

Edit: Good to know a windowed patch is coming. Will play when it hits.

Same here, I prefer most of my games windowed anymore. Excited to play this when that patch hits.

Card Boy

Banned
Very good game. Writing is very funny.

Only issue i have is resolution options. I have a black Border around my screen, Crysis, CoH and the Witcher 2 are the only other games I have that do this

One of 2 ways to fix it in those games is set a custom resolution of 1920x1076 instead of the traditional 1920x1080 or use a DVI cable instead of HDMI. So i pray your resolution patch lets me use a custom resolution. The issue is related to HDMI cables/under-scaning and AMD cards.

Otherwise keep up the good work Feep.

Feep

Banned
Gez said:
Very good game. Writing is very funny.

Only issue i have is resolution options. I have a black Border around my screen, Crysis, CoH and the Witcher 2 are the only other games I have that do this

One of 2 ways to fix it in those games is set a custom resolution of 1920x1076 instead of the traditional 1920x1080 or use a DVI cable instead of HDMI. So i pray your resolution patch lets me use a custom resolution. The issue is related to HDMI cables/under-scaning and AMD cards.

Otherwise keep up the good work Feep.
Keep in mind, everyone, this is not a resolution patch...working on that one for later. Resolution is still at 1280x720.

This will just let you run that in a window.

TheExodu5

Banned
Feep, have you upped the feedback on hitting notes (the lighting effect when you hit the notes) since it first came out on XBLIG? Feedback was one of my main complaints in the XBLIG version, but I have no problem here at all. Feels great!

Maybe the framerate is better? I can't recall...it's been a while since I played the XBLIG version. Something is different.

Feep

Banned
Uh....yeeeaaaaahhhhhhh.

no

Glad you appreciate the charting. It's something not many people notice, and it took me forever. = D

TheExodu5

Banned
lol I have no idea, then. Maybe hitting keys just feels more responsive. =\ Feels good though...as good as Stepmania, even. No lag. Great charting. :)

Crazetex

Ky's voice actor is not Marc Blucas, but sounds like Marc Blucas.

Controlling the game with a keyboard is kind of irritating, but I'm enjoying it so far. I wish some of the tutorials were pushed a little farther back, though.

Feep

Banned
Crazetex said:
Ky's voice actor is not Marc Blucas, but sounds like Marc Blucas.

Controlling the game with a keyboard is kind of irritating, but I'm enjoying it so far. I wish some of the tutorials were pushed a little farther back, though.
Hmmmm. I sound like Marc Blucas, huh.

I have 0 input lag and I love it. Seeing a defence arrow come down and a spell arrow coming down at the same AND hitting both is just so satisfying!

Cowie

.. I don't know how long ago I redeemed my code and started playing, but I know that it wasn't recently, and that I had to struggle to stop.

Really loving everything about this.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Will wait for a windowed mode patch, hope it gets here soon. :)
One question, as I have yet to download the game - can you freely modify key bindings? I'm on a pavilion notebook, and the directional arrows look like this:
V51gm.jpg

Not something you'd call super comfy.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Same here, I prefer most of my games windowed anymore. Excited to play this when that patch hits.
I don't really care about windowed. I'm happy about it because it'll fix the wrong aspect ratio.

Keiician said:
Will wait for a windowed mode patch, hope it gets here soon. :)
One question, as I have yet to download the game - can you freely modify key bindings? I'm on a pavilion notebook, and the directional arrows look like this:
V51gm.jpg

Not something you'd call super comfy.
Yes and plus w,a,s,d can be used too.

Top Bottom