• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

EvB

What's the prediction on Rez HD based on? Cause I sure as hell hope it makes it

it's a new one to appear, but after people managed to download Sega Vintage Collection : Streets of Rage, I suddenly saw a bunch of other Sega games appear, including some other collections and REZ HD.

The list above has come from 3 separate sources, I've cross referenced them against each other and the inclusion in the lists of almost all of the already announced games makes me believe that these games are quite likely.

I guess the main issue is, which ones will come first, there could be games that don't show up this week, but turn up later.

People are bound to be disappointed by the list. So many games wanted by so many people.

Everyone need to lower their expectations.

EvB

But isn't Bayonetta already announced and listed in the OT? Or does that just mean, that it will turn up later?

Yeah I believe sega did announce it, but I didn't see it in today's findings. I have seen it in other places before, alongside other retail games.

Ein Bear

People are bound to be disappointed by the list. So many games wanted by so many people.

Everyone need to lower their expectations.

I remember the constant heartbreak every time Microsoft updated the backwards compatibility on the 360. So much rage over Barbie Horse Adventures. Good times.

I've put together another list from several sources, I have also compared the list to released games and marked whether the games have been on Games with Gold, as I suspect they will be amongst the first.
What you'll notice with this list is that there is a smaller number of retails titles, but with a couple of heavy hitters.

Curiously, there are almost exactly 100 games on top of the already released games...
Hope lego star wars, red dead and split second are confirmed

I'm fairly sure I've seen the toy story 3 logo pop up a few times when they've spoke about BC but that isn't in your list

EvB

Hope lego star wars, red dead and split second are confirmed

I'm fairly sure I've seen the toy story 3 logo pop up a few times when they've spoke about BC but that isn't in your list

Yeah, I've seen that one in the past too, it's the same engine as Just Cause 2, so must have been easy to get working at the same time

I just hope Reach and RDR are in there. Only ones I really care about at this point, at least until they get the Mass Effect trilogy working.

Kordelle

Red dead is a dead cert for BC. I see that everywhere I look
My feeling is we will get it this week
giphy.gif

Hmm... Wouldn't be entirely opposed to playing Witcher 2 through BC.

I hope Halo Reach isn't available, just to help confirm an HD remaster for next year.

Demise

Can't understand people asking for games you can already play on pc on superior version. Even toaster could run those games better than xone emulators. Let's prioritize games you can only play through one console : vanquish red dead and 360 exclusivities for exemple. At least that's what i would do if i was to decide.

Cranster

Banned
Can't understand people asking for games you can already play on pc on superior version. Even toaster could run those games better than xone emulators. Let's prioritize games you can only play through one console : vanquish red dead and 360 exclusivities for exemple. At least that's what i would do if i was to decide.
Because some of us play console games? I don't see how difficult that is to understand.

NIGHT-

People have their own reasons for wanting to play games on consoles.

Your high horse is about to have a crate fall on it.

Omikaru

Can't understand people asking for games you can already play on pc on superior version.

- Not everyone has a PC.
- Some people want to play games on their TV, and don't have their PC plugged into it (nor do they want to).
- Not everyone wants to buy a game again just to play it, and would like to play the version they already paid for.

There's three reasons why someone would want games that have PC versions to be supported on backwards compatibility. While personally, I kind of agree that games which are also on PC don't interest me at all for BC (because I have a good PC and I can play them on that platform if I wished), that isn't the case for everyone and to assume everyone has the same circumstances as you is pretty ignorant.

A good sale to go along with the launch would be smart. Put a bunch of the heavy hitters $5-10 and get this thing roaring from the start.

Megatron

Cool. Hey will you paypal me the money to rebuy all my 360 games on PC?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I've put together another list from several sources, I have also compared the list to released games and marked whether the games have been on Games with Gold, as I suspect they will be amongst the first.
What you'll notice with this list is that there is a smaller number of retails titles, but with a couple of heavy hitters.

Curiously, there are almost exactly 100 games on top of the already released games...

CTUTp2TWIAE_412.png

https://twitter.com/EvilBoris/status/663458130974670848
happy to see:
SVC games (people: PLAY THESE!!)
soul calibur 2
Tekken tag 2

sorely missing:
Daytona USA
VF5FS
Virtual On

I own 264 digital X360 games and still have over 80 physical ones. I am excited for some of those games to be available to me on my XB1. Will I play some of them? Probably a few. Especially stuff like Mirror's Edge and games where sequels are coming on this current gen. PGR is also a series I'm looking forward to having access to. Good thing I picked up a 4 TB external. I may even pick up a few games that I missed last gen after seeing the list tomorrow. Especially if their cheap enough.
I agree that with the amount of games coming out now this gen, there are plenty of games to play, but I love having the ability to have access to them in one box. Is it a game changer? probably not, but is it a feature that makes my decision to purchase an XB1 more valuable to me? absolutely!
This notion that no one would use it is short-sighted.

shanafan

List is a promising start, primarily because RDR is on it. Guess tomorrow is the big day...

I'm waiting till the official one. Anything now is just giving false hopes at this point. This list shows "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" and then "Modern Warfare." I can't put a lot of stock into the list because of this mistake.

Majine

Banned
Have they said how they will handle post-launch additions? Will they dump a new list in set intervals, or will they trickle out every game when it's ready?

Realistically, Tales of Vesperia won't be on the list, seeing as MS titles will take up a big portion of the slots, and another big portion is taken up by games we already know about.

Doesn't help that not a lot of people voted for it.

I still have hope though. Please based Spencer

Alx

No love for versus games?? Is see there is TTT2 on that list. there is hope!!! Please be true!!

If enough fighting games are supported, I may consider buying an arcade stick for the X1. :)
Funnily enough I would be quite happy if Joust was supported too. It's one of the very first games I bought for the 360.

Wigdogger

Maybe I'm out to lunch on this, but I just noticed when booting up my 360 that a bunch of arcade titles now have "Xbox / Windows Phone" branding instead of the arcade ribbon. The Xbox part of the logo is the Xbox One branding. Curiously, these select titles also have "Jetpack Joyride" as the box art, so I don't know what's going on there. Some kind of glitch.

That said, some of the titles are stuff that's already happened, like Happy Wars, Minecraft, Castle Crashers, Pinball FX2, etc.

The new ones I noticed were: Assault Heroes, Contra, Cloning Clyde, Mark of the Ninja (!), Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (!!!), TMNT 1989 Arcade, and Battlefield 1943.

There might have been one or two other small ones.

First world problem, I know, but with the official introduction of BC, I hope that it won't be long before the 'My games & apps' app gets an update with a better sorting function. My own 'Ready to install' list is gonna blow the fuck up from its currently large size as I'm all-digital this gen and was mostly digital last gen on top of game sharing with my brother.

Top Bottom