• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Alx

is there a chance that some non-digital 360 games might come to the XBL store along with this?

I think I would just like (in order of preference): PGR3, RDR, Catherine. Possibly PGR4 although I preferred PGR3. I don't have any of them digitally (never really bought 360 games digitally at all) but I would rebuy those games.

Hopefully so. I always wanted to have Full Auto available in digital format, it's one of my favourite games last gen.
It was speculated that the recent appearance of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2 as games on demand could be tied to BC. One could hope so...

I'm hoping they do it to take some of the load off on Thursday. Between the 360 games, Battlefront for EA Access and everybody downloading the new dashboard something has got to give.....

Still couldn't compete with a Windows launch for server load, but anything to keep things from slowing to a crawl helps. Guessing it's more about flipping the switch on store/account licenses, but I wouldn't be surprised if preview members needed to get an update to final release later today first. Either way, there's still, at least, one more update before we're good for a while, anyway.

I just want MS to continue updating the quality/performance of released titles after initial drop if the community brings issues to their attention in the feedback forum. I'd like to believe, just based on the excellent performance and accuracy of preview titles for BC, that everything making it to the list runs equally well and, if not, they would actually do more than just load up and seem to play right for a short bit. There doesn't seem to be any reason to doubt that they wouldn't replace/update as needed, as they have done so far in preview, improving as they go along, and I do realize that this isn't at all anything like the same situation as the old X360 per title, custom emulations of OG Xbox titles due to the differences in how this works underneath, but there's a nagging feeling about how improvements will roll out in post-release.

Alx

Still feeling a bit bummed that we in the Preview program got to try so little of backwards compatibility so far.

That would be a good sign actually, it would confirm that there isn't much to check for each title individually, if MS is confident that as long as a handful of games work, the others will too.
It's also promising for future additions to the list.

mike4001_

Still feeling a bit bummed that we in the Preview program got to try so little of backwards compatibility so far.

It´s alright.

Preview should be about finding bugs and not gettings features before the others :)

And for that we already got a lot of games :)

Kssio_Aug

No Ninja Gaiden 2, neither Red Dead!
darth-vader-no.jpg

Ahh, Halo Reach is confirmed at least though!

Pachimari

Sad list really. But at least Halo Reach and Halo Wars are coming. They also got all four Gears of War titles up but that's about what interests me. Slightly.

No Red Dead Redemption yet. No Bayonetta as well.
No Catherine or Vanquish either. Nor is Tales of Vesperia there.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Glad to see Ikaruga on there. Outside of that, pretty disappointed Tales of Vesperia didn't make it.

Welfare

Our launch of 104 titles on Nov. 12 is just the beginning. You can expect new Xbox One Backward Compatible games to be announced on a regular basis, starting in December. More titles are on the way, including fan favorites like Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite and Skate 3. Stay tuned because this just the beginning of a long list of Xbox 360 games that will run on Xbox One.

Activision is on board.

Horrible list for me but its just the beginning. I'll never retire my 360 due to the amount of XBLA games I have but hopefully lots more will be added as time goes on.

Kssio_Aug

Sad list really. But at least Halo Reach and Halo Wars are coming. They also got all four Gears of War titles up but that's about what interests me. Slightly.

No Red Dead Redemption yet. No Bayonetta as well.
No Catherine or Vanquish either. Nor is Tales of Vesperia there.

Yup! Other than Gears and Fable II, there's nothing that interest me this time. Halo Reach at least is confirmed.

KingBroly

Banned
Surprised that the original Castle Crashers is on there.

I guess it's also weird that the Sonic games are on there, yet were removed from the service.

Chris1

Disappointing but the good news to come from this is Activision is on board. I really thought RDR would be available at launch.

Nephtes

Wasn't Capcom on their list of participating companies?
Was there a single Capcom game on the list??

Edit: Nope

lots of arcade titles 0_o gawd damn at that number

i guess since arcade games are so small in data and *puts tin foil hat on* disc games are easier/cheaper to get it takes longer?

i was going to buy that capcom triple pack too for dmc 4 x dead rising 1 :/

Top Bottom