• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Azuran

Banned
Just one more week and everything will be right in the world. I'm really looking forward to some awesome GAF tournaments.

BM8

Neo Member
took a peek in the irc channel, only 1 person lol... guess its too early to lurk in there

super-mario.jpg%3Fw%3D914%26h%3D684

Beautiful.

Also should I just leave my NNID here? Sorry I recently joined neogaf and have no idea what to do haha.

I just wanna participate in Mario Kart madness since I don't know anyone with a wii u.
If you quote the main article it'll show you a link to a Google Doc that we're putting all of our NNIDs into (it'll be in the GAF Tournament section). I helped create the google doc, so let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Can't fucking wait. My NNIND is Mistouze, add me up! But don't hate on me when I bust your ass with a red shell.

Ninja Dom

My most wanted game of the year.

I'm in the UK so I'll be downloading at 2am on the morning of the 31st May (I work for London Underground so I'll get home at that time). I already bought Super Mario Kart VC so I should get a small discount, and I'll choose Pikmin 3 as my free promo game.

Nice job OP.

But remember, the Mario Kart 8 smartphone app is a web app. So Nintendo should post a standard link that is formatted for tablets and smartphones regardless of if devices are running iOS or Android.

If you quote the main article it'll show you a link to a Google Doc that we're putting all of our NNIDs into (it'll be in the GAF Tournament section). I helped create the google doc, so let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help!

Thanks as well, I am still getting the use of Neogaf didn't want to break any rules on getting ban and such haha.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Beautiful OP!

Hyped for Mario Kart, can't come soon enough!!!

NNID: vinniegambini

Roo

But remember, the Mario Kart 8 smartphone app is a web app. So Nintendo should post a standard link that is formatted for tablets and smartphones regardless of if devices are running iOS or Android.

Yeah I just noticed that.
I'm going to take down those pics.
Once Nintendo talks more about it, I'll update the OT with the new information.

Blues1990

Off-Topic: I feel bummed that the Blue Shell Bundle isn't available for purchase in Canada, as I want to surprise my girlfriend with getting it for her. Would it be possible if someone could sell the Shell by itself to me? Please PM me, as I really want one.

On-Topic: For those who are going to main one of the Koopalings, who are you going to pick? For myself, Lemmy & Morton Jr. have always been my favourites, but I might add Ludwig into the mix. (Oh, and my Nintendo I.D. is ChickenPotPie23. Bring it on, small fry!)

Zeppeli

Banned
Off-Topic: I feel bummed that the Blue Shell Bundle isn't available for purchase in Canada, as I want to surprise my girlfriend with getting it for her. Would it be possible if someone could sell the Shell by itself to me? Please PM me, as I really want one.

On-Topic: For those who are going to main one of the Koopalings, who are you going to pick? For myself, Lemmy & Morton Jr. have always been my favourites, but I might add Ludwig into the mix.

Where in Canada are you, friendo?

Thanks as well, I am still getting the use of Neogaf didn't want to break any rules on getting ban and such haha.
Dude, I feel you. I've only been here a little more than a week and still feel like I'm on pins and needles. Hope your stay at GAF is a long one and I hope I see you on the road sometime!

On the bright side, it's only seven days.

But then again, it's seven days.

I'm so mad at Nintendo letting the press have this game so early. They really should have done something like Wind Waker

Sawneeks

Banned
So excited! Played a recent demo of it at a Comic Book Convention about a month ago and it was insane. Can't wait to get the full game!

Does anybody know if the 'Buy MK8 Get a Free Game' is a code or is it tied to your account? If it's a code I might just give it away: I have no interest in Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U...

Foshy

Been a long time since I last got hyped for a Nintendo title, but I'll be there day 1 for this :D

Excited!

Azuran

Banned
So excited! Played a recent demo of it at a Comic Book Convention about a month ago and it was insane. Can't wait to get the full game!

Does anybody know if the 'Buy MK8 Get a Free Game' is a code or is it tied to your account? If it's a code I might just give it away: I have no interest in Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U...

It's not tied to your account. You get a code when you register Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo so you can give it away if you desire.

I'll gladly take it if you don't want it :p

Zeppeli

Banned

First of likely many for MK8, time to start getting some real use out of this thing!

I already have ZombiU, MH3U, SMW3DW, NSMBU, SART, TW101, and Wind Waker... Along with a ton of VC games. Any recommendations for other games?

Ninja Dom

Yeah I just noticed that.
I'm going to take down those pics.
Once Nintendo talks more about it, I'll update the OT with the new information.

Nice.

Anybody know where to get some of that promotional art for the game in high res? Like the one of Mario in the pit-stop?

BowieZ

Banned
I can't work out how to edit the google doc on my phone. Can anyone add me? (BowieZ BowieZ Australia (all day, all night when not at work!))

BM8

Neo Member
First of likely many for MK8, time to start getting some real use out of this thing!

I already have ZombiU, MH3U, SMW3DW, NSMBU, SART, TW101, and Wind Waker... Along with a ton of VC games. Any recommendations for other games?

Dont want to derail, but pikmin 3 is Nintendo magic.

Top Bottom