• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to declassify JFK files

TarNaru33

Banned
ted-cruz-dad.gif

I seen this before, but this is the first time I laughed because of it. Gif goes with this thread.

Phased

he won't.

if he will, they will tell us, that Oswald shot him.

Because he did.

Anyways like has been said in the thread I think it's pretty likely the reason they don't want this stuff released is it will show they knew a lot about Oswald and his plans or instability well beforehand and just failed to act on it in a timely manner.

It seems likely that the only conspiracy they've been trying to cover up all of these years is their incompetence that led to a President being assassinated.

Phased

You say only, but that is pretty significant stuff

Yeah definitely. I just think people setting themselves up for a huge conspiracy reveal revolving around the CIA being involved or multiple shooters are going to be pretty disappointed when it's revealed all of this time they've just been hiding their own incompetence.

Real Hero

Yeah definitely. I just think people setting themselves up for a huge conspiracy reveal revolving around the CIA being involved or multiple shooters are going to be pretty disappointed when it's revealed all of this time they've just been hiding their own incompetence.
oh yeah people have over the top expectations when it comes to this stuff

JABEE

What’s the point of this again?

To know the truth.

If there is ass-covering that shouldn't have been classified. This could be used to change the culture of intelligence agencies to have carte blanche to act in the shadows without democratic recourse.

It's also about closure for people who believe their government lied to them like they lied about the start of the Vietnam War.

I also don't understand the reverence people have for the FBI and CIA. People who stalked and drove political/civil rights dissidents mad. Organizations used to illegally toppled foreign regimes and escalated conflict with other sovereign powers.

There has always been the theory that there was some kind of obstruction going on with this investigation. The CIA has no power to operate domestically in following Oswald and the organization not revealing their operation and its intelligence to the FBI because of this.

JABEE

Because he did.

Anyways like has been said in the thread I think it's pretty likely the reason they don't want this stuff released is it will show they knew a lot about Oswald and his plans or instability well beforehand and just failed to act on it in a timely manner.

It seems likely that the only conspiracy they've been trying to cover up all of these years is their incompetence that led to a President being assassinated.

The most innocent thought is what if both agencies had a piece of information that when placed in context could have prevented the Kennedy Assassination. I guess we'll hopefully find out this week.

GuyKazama

He is responding to this Politico story from the other day:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-kennedy-assassination-files-documents-215732

Trump Likely to Block Release of Some JFK Files

Trump administration and other government officials say privately that President Donald Trump is almost certain to block the release of information from some of the thousands of classified files related to the November 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy that are scheduled to be made public in less than a week by the National Archives.

A congressional official who has been closely monitoring the issue, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Trump had been under pressure from the CIA to block the release of some of the assassination documents on national security grounds, possibly to protect CIA tradecraft and the identity of agency informants who might still be alive.

Since this could make the FBI look bad, of course Trump is going to let this out. Undermine them as much as possible before Mueller reports in.

Personally I think further pissing them off is a bad idea though...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I like how he's going to "allow" the files to be opened when that has been the plan for fucking decades.

Sulik2

I always thought the conspiracy nuts were crazy until I actually went to Dallas. When you stand on the street corner, see where the shots came from then look at the wound patterns they just don't make sense. The bullets would have come from the opposite direction to where Lee Harvey was shooting. There was chunk of scalp on a lightpole at 8 o'clock behind Kennedy when he was shot from behind and above. There had to be a second shooter firing from in front of him.

Biff

He is responding to this Politico story from the other day:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-kennedy-assassination-files-documents-215732

Trump Likely to Block Release of Some JFK Files

EXCUSE ME SIR PLEASE LEAVE THIS THREAD WE ARE TRYING TO SHIT ON TRUMP THANKS. Facts only matter when we can use them against him. The fact that he has an incredibly easy veto here to delay the release is not relevant, pls leave.

Seriously though, can you imagine the outrage if Trump blocked the release of the documents? I guarantee you this thread would already be 5 pages long.

Trump is an idiot 95% of the time. There's no need to twist the other 5%. We should be better than that.

KHarvey16

I always thought the conspiracy nuts were crazy until I actually went to Dallas. When you stand on the street corner, see where the shots came from then look at the wound patterns they just don't make sense. The bullets would have come from the opposite direction to where Lee Harvey was shooting. There was chunk of scalp on a lightpole at 8 o'clock behind Kennedy when he was shot from behind and above. There had to be a second shooter firing from in front of him.

Nope. Physics perfectly explains everything about where the shots came from and why the body being hit responded the way it did. Not only isn’t there evidence of another shooter but all the evidence proves there wasn’t one.

99Luffy

Banned
Whether trump would block it or not has been a topic of discussion for months. Not sure why this announcement that he isnt blocking it has people ruffled.

jelly

Trump is the biggest evidence against the existence of alien contact on file. If he ever found out about something like that he'd tweet it at 3am the same night.

I think they honestly wouldn't tell Trump many things, he probably gets really bored anyway.

/believe

commedieu

Banned
Some things are bigger than the president. This info isn't coming out. Just like all the info about the bay of pigs wasn't told to jfk. Theres classifications we just arwnt privy to. And neither is the President. I do wonder how much the cia paid mobsters for hits. As they paid the mob to kill castro.

It would all be black pages if it ever came out. But it will definitely show that there was a lot of disdain for jfk by the agency and infighting between the fbi, and the cia.

Even if it's nothing.. people will just wait for the Russian bots to post images on Facebook/fox and friends to get the messaging.

While I am all for dumping on Trump, there is nothing wrong with that tweet. The files were scheduled to be released and there was an effort to block that. He just affirmed that they will be released.

Belfast

Well I had listened to an NPR podcast and that guy was saying that the FBI or the CIA (I forget who) were really pressing for these documents to NOT be released. The president has that power to do it.

The guy was saying that the government had really slipped up on intelligence and could have caught Lee Harvey Oswald but didn't take the information seriously. I guess there's some really embarrassing information in there.

Sorry, I don't remember verbatim. It was on Fresh Air a couple months ago.

If it really is that embarrassing, I wonder if he’s trying to make the feds look like irresponsible clowns in regards to his own Russia investigation, too.

Top Bottom