• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I know she's in a bad place right now but I think having people be interviewed during a time like this helps to convey how dire the situation is, ie pushing more people volunteering their time and money.

Yeah, but, like, CNN could ask.

The impression I got was that the woman had a mic shoved in her face. People don't always want to perform their tragedy.

Blader

Who was saying there wouldn't be another Republican president for decades?

I don't have specific names of posters for you, if that's what you want, but it happened an embarrassingly number of times.

I mean, I was pretty sure Hillary was going to win last year too, but I was also pretty sure we'd have another Republican president by at least 2024 in that case if not 2020. There were a handful of posters around during the campaign who thought Trump's loss would cement the GOP's unelectability at the presidential level for decades.

And I'm not saying Pence is a near-unbeatable juggernaut, I'm just trying to caution against this same kind of overconfidence people had last year. Just because Pence's ascendancy to the presidency would come through some scandalous thing like Trump resigning or being impeached does not mean he'd be a dead-on-arrival loser as soon as his own election came up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Dumbocrats actually are screwed long-term. We have too many people in cities. Not enough people in Iowa. So we're screwed forever.

Teggy

Yeah, but, like, CNN could ask.

The impression I got was that the woman had a mic shoved in her face. People don't always want to perform their tragedy.

I don't know, she stood there patiently waiting for the questions and then answered the first one. Why didn't she just say she didn't want to talk?

lush

I don't know, she stood there patiently waiting for the questions and then answered the first one. Why didn't she just say she didn't want to talk?
At least 36+ hours waiting to be rescued from your flooded home with two small children stresses a person out.

The woman was fighting back tears while answering the first question.

Teggy

At least 36+ hours waiting to be rescued from your flooded home with two small children stresses a person out.

The woman was fighting back tears while answering the first question.

Right, but why did she agree to be on camera in the first place?

Joe

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

screenshot_145.png

Trump's Republican approval rating down 11% in 7 months.

If that trend continues, and if Nate Silver's hypothesis is correct (that Republicans start jumping ship at the roughly 65% R-approval mark), then we might start seeing some members of the GOP openly abandoning Trump around March or April 2018.

If the trend continues even longer into late 2018/early 2019 then there may be enough votes to impeach regardless of the 2018 midterm outcomes.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

screenshot_145.png

Trump's Republican approval rating down 11% in 7 months.

If that trend continues, and if Nate Silver's hypothesis is correct (that Republicans start jumping ship at the roughly 65% R-approval mark), then we might start seeing some members of the GOP openly abandoning Trump around March or April 2018.

If the trend continues even longer into late 2018/early 2019 then there may be enough votes to impeach regardless of the 2018 midterm outcomes.

I'm not sure the drop will continue to be linear as we approach his more stubborn base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom