• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam now allows you to permanently remove games from your account.

Krakn3Dfx

The "game" is that long.

Anyone dumb enough to do that deserves to have to buy it again.

It's like a lite visual novel with two endings and no pictures. The writing is really bad, as is the story. You play as a teenage girl's subconscious.
At the end of the game, despite agreeing to everything you say, she does the exact opposite of what you told her. Also, the pregnancy is from a rape that is the most detailed part of the "game". It's unsettling and almost reads fetishistic.

nuh-uh-o.gif

Sounds like a game made specifically for this.

Fasty

At first I thought this was the most pointless thing. But now thinking it's actually perfect for removing the obsolete GFWL versions of Batman Arkham City and Dirt 3. Nice.

Spyware

Cant you just "hide" the games instead of deleting it lol? That is what I'm doing with DOTA2 test and Left 4 Dead 2 Beta that I have.
Not if you want to hide them "from one's account". That feature is just for the Library list.
I use that for hiding uninteresting Family shared games (+ uninteresting stuff I can't remove due to them belonging to a pack I wanna keep).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the one feature jaseC will never use :p

Haha, actually, I did finally get around to removing a demo from my account. Croteam was nice enough to oblige my request for keys to The Talos Principle Public Test and Sigils of Elohim so they'd count as owned, but the former was later renamed The Talos Principle Demo and, naturally, changed to a demo, at which point it was no longer a +1.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Games that were activated via retail keys as well as games that were purchased from the store and are still available can be recovered, but games that were purchased from the store and are no longer available cannot be recovered. I've asked Valve if this is intentional and, if so, if there is any recourse available for those who change their mind after removing a delisted, store-bought game.

Apparently it is intentional:

Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The subscription removal tool is working as intended.

If you wish to share an opinion, idea or suggestion, please visit the Suggestions/Ideas section of the Steam Forums, found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/

This forum is regularly read by Valve's development team.

Not being able to restore a licence only if the game was bought from the store and is no longer available is exceedingly stupid.

Edit As suggested, I made a thread here. Make you voice heard and perhaps the tool will be updated accordingly.

Edit edit:
Update: It seems Valve actually fixed this. In the thread I made, someone said he was encountering a similar problem but was able to restore such licences as of yesterday, so I experimented myself:

Hmm, yeah, it seems the tool has been fixed. I was able to restore my Estetiikka licence, but then thought, "Perhaps that's because I had to add it to my account again using a gift copy", so I disabled my Ice Age 4 licence, which I purchased from the store myself, and was able to restore it as well. Looks like I'll be asking Valve to replace the Estetiikka gift that Steam essentially "ate". Thanks!

I removed almost 70 games that i all bought at least 3 years back but never touched. Im glad Steam stopped with daily deals during sales. :lol

Top Bottom