• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Mik2121

So... guys, help! Just so I don't mess up...

Is there any specific location to plant certain trees? I just got some litchi, peaches and dorian from Parakeetman and I don't wanna mess it up! Anything I should take care of?

Also, Parakeetman thanks a lot for the wetsuit!!!!

Edit: Wow Google is fast... I just googled "animal crossing where to plant litchi" and the first result was my post... (this post)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Pushdustin if you open the train station gate Ill bring fruits to trade for oranges. Will have to be quick need to get back to the island and bring back some items to sell before the recycle store closes in an hour and a half. lol

sorry out of time will have to trade tomorrow then!

Mik2121

Just googled the Litchi thing in Japanese and found the answer... apparently anywhere that isn't in shadow or right next to another tree is ok.

Ice Mage

Neo Member
Just googled the Litchi thing in Japanese and found the answer... apparently anywhere that isn't in shadow or right next to another tree is ok.

Indeed? Interesting. In previous ACs, if I wanted to make 100% sure a tree would grow, I'd just chop off a regular tree and plant the fruit tree in that location :p

Had PushDustIn over, we played lots of tours, I bought one of them マリンスーツ too, yes.
hni_0043_mponip9d.jpg

hni_0048_mpoq5pjo.jpg

hni_0045_mpoyxrky.jpg

Forkball

Living in Australia and coming into this thread was a bad, bad, bad idea. :(

I think this is everyone's reaction if you don't live in Japan:

Oprah_Speechless.gif

I don't get how some Nintendo games come out at the same time but others have several month delays. I suppose it takes longer to localize AC than Mario, but still. STILL.

cacildo

oh hi

I didnt get to search the whole tread (im keeping away from spoilers) but i need to ask:

How many save games per cart?

I don't get how some Nintendo games come out at the same time but others have several month delays. I suppose it takes longer to localize AC than Mario, but still. STILL.

Some get priority, some don't.

Also, Mario has the same amount of text as a long picture book.
Animal Crossing easily has the amount of a small novel.

No comparison.

Fruit Trading:

Code:
User:          りんご  ナシ  さくらんぼ  オレンジ  モモ  ヤシナシ バナナ カキ   ドリアン マンゴー レモン  アブカド
 Fren            X     N     O        X      O       O    X     X        O     X      O    X      
 Mik2121         ?     ?     ?        ?      X       ?    I     ?        ?     I      I    ?   
 Lord Ghirahim   ?     N     ?        O      O       I    ?     ?        I     I      ?    ? 
 Parakeetman     ?     O     O        ?      N       O    ?     O        O     O      O    ? 
 PushDustIn      X     O     O        N      O       O    X     I        O     O      I    X 
 StayDead        ?     ?     N        O      ?       ?    ?     ?        ?     ?      ?    ? 
 StreetsAhead    N     ?     ?        O      O       ?    ?     ?        ?     ?      ?    ?
N= Native
I = Island
O= Own
X = Doesn't own
? = Not sure

I'll try to keep this updated. I used forum posts to get the information.

I wish they had the table BB code enabled =/

Parakeetman

Will trade wetsuit for slingshot or axe / will sell for 10,000 bells. Currently have 3

PushDustIn Add peaches as my native fruit.

Mik2121

PushDustIn following that is kind of hard. Maybe if we had some icons of the fruits or something it would be better...

Parakeetman

Btw are OTs allowed to use others images in them? Since if so heres a full facial chart that includes the female faces too. Since we had someone post a pic with only male ones.

Oh shit I just found out that banana trees apparently you do need to plant them in the sand wtf... thats one banana tree down the shitter then lol

Fren

Neo Member
Here's my info:

ナシ - Native (I also have おいしいナシ, too)
ヤシナシ - Island
I own モモ, レモン, さくらんぼ, and ドリアン.

Fruit Trading:

Code:
User:          りんご  ナシ  さくらんぼ  オレンジ  モモ  ヤシナシ バナナ カキ   ドリアン マンゴー レモン  アブカド
 Fren            X     N     O        X      O       O    X     X        O     X      O    X      
 Mik2121         ?     ?     ?        ?      X       ?    I     ?        ?     I      I    ?   
 Lord Ghirahim   ?     N     ?        O      O       I    ?     ?        I     I      ?    ? 
 Parakeetman     ?     O     O        ?      N       O    ?     O        O     O      O    ? 
 PushDustIn      X     O     O        N      O       O    X     X        O     O      X    X 
 StayDead        ?     ?     N        O      ?       ?    ?     ?        ?     ?      ?    ? 
 StreetsAhead   N?     ?     ?        O      O       ?    ?     ?        ?     ?      ?    ?
N= Native
I = Island
O= Own
X = Doesn't own
? = Not sure

I'll try to keep this updated. I used forum posts to get the information.

I wish the had the table BB code enabled =/

Apples are native for me, yeah. Have Oranges and Peaches, but the trees won't be grown until Wednesday.

Island tomorrow so I'll get some more - will update.

I have モモ natively (my village), island ヤシのみ, island ドリアン, island マンゴー, island ライチ, own バナナ, own リンゴ, own さくらんぼ, own オレンジ... I think that's about it at the moment.

StayDead

I have...

さくらぼん - N
りんご - O (trees)
オレンジ - O (trees)
モモ - O (trees)
バナナ - I (growing)
ドリアン - I (growing)

I want to start my large orchard that I ususally do, but I'm worried about putting it where a house might spring up.

Parakeetman

I've got loads of bannana trees growing in my town right now, they've native to my island :p

So that was your native fruit? Interesting seems to be a more rare one if so then. I just went and planted a ton of coconut trees around the beach. Im going to use the other beach for more banana trees when i get them. Since I screwed up and planted one in dirt, will only have 1 for the time being.

Around town planted lychee, mango, durian, apple, lemon and the coconut ones on the beach. Cherry and orange is still growing. Cherry should be full grown tomorrow? maybe.

Seriously need more town space. Would have been nice to make a real forest without worry of an NPC building over it D:

My island only has mangos and coconuts. The tours seem to just be giving lychee, mango, durian and lemons currently.

Fren

Neo Member
I have someone named Barbara moving into my town. Anyone know who that is?

She set her house right by the campground I built thus ruining the out-in-the-wilderness feel it had going for it :(

I love the strips that are coming out of people's adventures using the screenshots. Their decision to add that is brilliant.

I take it you can attach them to swap notes as well? I can really see people sharing their "achievements" that way. I can also see challenges among friends happening. First one to catch X bug or whatever wins an item or bells... etc. Send via swap note. Bam. Just have to make sure everyone's time is synced.

Choc

Banned
98 mayor rating

arrrrrrgh

pro tips for the last bit?

i love how when they first move in there is boxes everywhere in their homes

apricot

Started last night, but I didn't get very far since everything was closed...

さくらんぼ are native to my town if you'd like to add me? Haven't been to island or collected anything else yet.

Living in Australia and coming into this thread was a bad, bad, bad idea. :(

Hey! I'm in Australia :p

98 mayor rating

arrrrrrgh

pro tips for the last bit?

i love how when they first move in there is boxes everywhere in their homes

Try fishing for tyres/cans and sell them at the recycle shop?

Also, the Gardening Shop is opening in my town today! Yay!

Deeku

Started last night, but I didn't get very far since everything was closed...

さくらんぼ are native to my town if you'd like to add me? Haven't been to island or collected anything else yet.

Hey! I'm in Australia :p
Me too! Choc is also another aussie with the game:D

モモ is my native, I've added you!

Fishing comp today, so got a fishing rod from the beaver woooo!

Found out one of my island tours has lemons, cool. I think I drained my 3DS battery twice today. I don't want to get burned out, but it's to hard to put it down. I've been to the island three times, and I always had company :p

Deeku

Was just walking near the cliff when I spotted a balloon. Swatted it down with my net and got a balloon chair:eek: And it looks like someone new is moving in soon, Mirako! I really like how a spot is planned out first lol.

Caught a Nishikigoi (ニシキゴイ) in the river and it sold for 4000 bells. Its shadow is probably L or XL sized.

(In case you wanna add that to your list)

You guys know that Famitsu last week had a list with all the bugs/fish you could find in Autumn with their prices, right? Maybe not the island stuff, but still.

Just went to see Lazy's shop on my lunch break.

2 flowers (80 bells each)
1 tree (60 bells)
And the watering can

Spoke to him, but he didn't say anything of interest. Must have to unlock the weed picking etc.

apricot

Me too! Choc is also another aussie with the game:D

モモ is my native, I've added you!

Yay! Good to know. Thanks for the add.

I managed to pay off my first house installment, so I'll be getting a house tomorrow! Yippee! Bought a bug net and a shovel, but no fishing rod yet... I want to go fishing!

Someone named アーサー is moving in tomorrow, as well... I kind of want to Google what they look like but that'd ruin the surprise!

Mind if I join the party?
1203-9402-8938

I have apples and Shizue just gave me oranges. But I have no watering can because I only get to play at night when the shops are closed, so I haven't started my agricultural empire yet. :'(

My village is called Lordran and my flag is the Dark Sign.

Top Bottom