• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Montresor

Monolith Software are listed in the credits.

wWvee.png

https://twitter.com/CAOT_95/status/267673448946479104/photo/1

Totakeke IS IN THIS GAME????? But another user (very enthusiastic guy who can't speak Japanese - hah sorry man, I don't remember your username) said there's no jukebox.

Awesome.

Totakeke IS IN THIS GAME????? But another user (very enthusiastic guy who can't speak Japanese - hah sorry man, I don't remember your username) said there's no jukebox.

Awesome.

As in, no jukebox you can have in your home to play KK tapes?

Surely they wouldn't omit something like that

Kuntz

Very good news for Totakeke, it's time to listen to his songs gain while witing for my 3ds.

Maybe there's an alternative for the lack of jukebox.

Anyway are the gyro present too ? I always loved to collect all those fidgeting cacti !

StayDead

As in, no jukebox you can have in your home to play KK tapes?

Surely they wouldn't omit something like that

There's definately various jukeboxes. I have the robot stereo in my house.

I think you people are remembering what the guy said incorrectly. He said he didn't have one yet so couldn't say if they were in or not.

When you have a K.K. song now though when you select it in the music players it has album covers as well (artwork)

StayDead

My day in AC.

EcscO.jpg

The deep dark descent into playing the turnip market begins. *shudders*

kwWr1.jpg

Bred a few hybrid flowers overnight.

Ev22p.jpg

Mayoral task 1, build bridge.

ERI3V.jpg

Island for the first time.

BPQ4o.jpg

Swimming with the marine suit.

68AAV.jpg

Catching a shark <3

ku3rm.jpg

Heading home with my loot.

wxnma.jpg

Bridge paid off! :D

chunk3rvd

Sorry if it's already been said and I've missed it but does the game have anything to spend your play coins on?

I've finished all the puzzle pics and have all the hats so I'm hoping I'll be able to spend my mass of coins on stuff with at least one of the NPC's?

StayDead

Sorry if it's already been said and I've missed it but does the game have anything to spend your play coins on?

I've finished all the puzzle pics and have all the hats so I'm hoping I'll be able to spend my mass of coins on stuff with at least one of the NPC's?

Every day in the basic Nook's cranny store you can buy a fortune cookie that gives you rare furniture each day. Not sure if it goes up (the amount) when you get a better nooks, but the items are awesome.

Bah.

I got a little too excited about the soundtrack. The outdoor tunes still lack the subtle rhythmic pulsation of the GC tracks. I find it odd that Totaka's team would make the indoor music more energetic, considering that more time is spent actively foraging material and fostering relationships outside. Do they want this game to take place inside more often? do they not? I'm getting mixed messages from the audiovisual developers this time around. I like the idea of merging the city from City Folk withe the traditional village, but it still seems like they're confused about what kind of Animal Crossing they're trying to make. This soundtrack has more of a GC vibe overall, but it's not as big an improvement from CF and WW as I expected.

But they did get one thing right: the music for 5 PM. It's better than its spiritual predecessor in some respects—I'll call it a tie—and it better represents the kind of music that featured throughout the original game. More vivacious outside and more subdued indoors, which is one reason why it's so memorable to this day. Effective melodic characterization is another aspect that this new soundtrack nails with ease, but there's less care for instilling players with the kind of catharsis that makes me run around without end. It just seems counterproductive to make me fall asleep when I want to converse and get things done. Sure: the sound design is a lot better on the whole. But it hasn't improved to the point of compensating for other deficiencies.

chunk3rvd

Every day in the basic Nook's cranny store you can buy a fortune cookie that gives you rare furniture each day. Not sure if it goes up (the amount) when you get a better nooks, but the items are awesome.

Ah, thanks :)

So hard not to read this thread but I feel like I'm spoiling too much. "Early 2013" can not come soon enough!

It's okay, I have like 12 of those. I accidentally ate one of the apples you gave me as I was trying to plant it...
._.

Oh no! Haha
Nearly did that with a peach of yours too though.

Shizue gave me oranges (and the watering can) so I now have three types of fruit growing in my town.

Got a bigger house today after paying off my loan. Starting to think that the 360,000 bell Reset Management Center was not the best choice for my first building though.

Also
Tortimer
came and spoke to me today so I should be able to go to the island tomorrow.

Getting a 3rd new villager in my town since starting. Getting cramped.

btw, what's the store that opens up between the tanuki store and the Able Sisters? Scaffolding went up this morning.

Apparently users are being plagued with communication errors. Has this happened to anyone yet?

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6737361.html

LG and I had one last night. Second time we tried it was ok, but we just saved after we did anything.

hmmm
for AC: NL, how many people can you connect with at once? In other words, how many people can visit your town?

Also, can someone post all of the haircuts/face/eye/mouth types available?
Thanks

You can have up to 3 other people in your town at once.

That said, it seems like you can become "best friends" with an unlimited amount of people (or at least, I haven't found the limit yet). Becoming best friends allows chat between towns.

CTLance

I want to play this and I don't even own a 3DS. Haven't so much as touched a handheld in a year or so, and now I'm sitting here playing Wild World on my ancient DS phat just to scratch an itch I hoped I had lost. Dammit.

For any casual onlookers such as me, here is a pretty good gameplay mechanics/feature overview.
There's also a highly informative subbed Nintendo direct video, split up into several parts.

Mik2121

So... new day, new bridge done and my house is now two stories tall!

Wonder what should I start building today... (but for now, back to work :(....)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So... new day, new bridge done and my house is now two stories tall!

Wonder what should I start building today... (but for now, back to work :(....)

Btw I finally got some peaches for you.
You wouldnt happen to have any bananas left over would you? I went to the island today but only had mangos and lemons. D:
Managed to secure myself a dive suit though! Im wondering if I should bring back a few more to trade with people. The item matching game is the easiest to get 6 medals a pop as long as you are fast enough to clear everything.

---

Got the 2nd bridge done! I feel stupid now since found out you can have the damned things at an angle, where the river bends. I thought it was only on straight pieces. Man I forgot if they mentioned you get the $$$ back if you deconstruct the bridge or not. Since Id like to put it on the curve instead. As it doesnt take up fishing space. D: Currently paid for and working on a camp site now. Though should have built a 3rd bridge to have the town fully connected. By tomorrow should have the 2nd story reconstruction done, though today will need to build up funds to cover the costs. Shouldnt be too bad I think. Just will be a bit of a pain going only for certain fish. Hopefully the island will prove to be profitable. :D

Another NPC is moving in it seems. But dear god did they almost erase my orange / cherry trees D: I really hate how the game just picks spots at random.

Updated the list slightly again. Will be a slightly larger update as soon as Im back home.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44180289&postcount=395

Mik2121

Btw I finally got some peaches for you.
You wouldnt happen to have any bananas left over would you? I went to the island today but only had mangos and lemons. D:
Managed to secure myself a dive suit though! Im wondering if I should bring back a few more to trade with people. The item matching game is the easiest to get 6 medals a pop as long as you are fast enough to clear everything.

Uhm... no bananas left, but you might be able to find them in any of the tours you go to on the Island. I had bananas and lemons on the island, but also had a ton of mangos somewhere else :p

As for the peach, wonder if you can somehow send it to me via mail rather than having to decide on a specific time and meet... as I'm not going back home until 7pm or so :(

Also, I already started my second town construction... a bench, now! LOL! I'm making this nice spot with a bench and a bunch of flowers on a cliff in front of the sea...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna add you guys later. This if my first Animal Crossing and I haven't progressed much, but feel free to add me if you'd like!

3781 - 0419 - 4870

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just encountered Reset-san. Loving the dialogue in this game.

Parakeetman

Uhm... no bananas left, but you might be able to find them in any of the tours you go to on the Island. I had bananas and lemons on the island, but also had a ton of mangos somewhere else :p

As for the peach, wonder if you can somehow send it to me via mail rather than having to decide on a specific time and meet... as I'm not going back home until 7pm or so :(

Also, I already started my second town construction... a bench, now! LOL! I'm making this nice spot with a bench and a bunch of flowers on a cliff in front of the sea...

Yeah I went on all the tours and no such luck. D: Only lemons and mangos it seems
Ok seems like its random so will just have to keep trying till it appears

I have not seen any option to send stuff to friends via mail yet. Will try poking around a bit. Since you and I are in the same timezone its not so bad at least.

apricot

My 3DS LL FINALLY came today! So exited to start playing!

tumblr_mdd5ppmbw61qj21euo3_250.jpg

OP, can you add my code to the list? It's 2594-9844-2715. I look forward to playing with you all very soon! Come to think of it, I've never played an Animal Crossing game online before... I used to be a bit of a loner.

Oh, if anyone wants to see more (higher quality) pictures of the Animal Crossing 3DS LL, I've posted a bunch on my blog

Deeku

^Jelly!

Got my copy today and finally started playing a bit. Been a while since my last AC game, glad I'm back. Loooove it, everything is so adorable!

edit:

oh and fc is 1375-8571-8610, will be adding everyone in the list!

Mik2121

Man, I got 8 Animal Crossing streetpass today and there are some neat houses already, though I was the only one with 2 floors yet.

Also one of the persons I streetpassed with gave me a balloon (as soon as I spoke with her, she exchanged it with me). So now I have this awesome balloon I hold and bring with me everywhere, hahahah

Parakeetman

Damn after all that didnt manage to bring away any oranges, apples or bananas. Got coconuts, lychee, mangos, lemons and durians though.

Deeku

Whoa, AC sure has expanded on the fruit department, can't wait to get some! I only have peaches, which incidentally has always been my starting fruit, from memory.

Paid my deposit, house won't be ready until tomorrow so still chillin in ma tent with lantern lol. Doesn't seem like there's anything much left to do on day 1. Hope I get a fishing pole tomorrow, I think I've caught enough bugs!

Mik2121

Oh... coconuts! I will see if I can grab some!

Also, Parakeet we have to meet up so you can give me some of your fruits! :p

Parakeetman

Yeah I can meet up in a bit. Am currently going through the inventory and updating the list.

Mik2121

What fruits do you have available? I can give you 2 or 3 apples :) Plus the fruit I gave you the other day... hopefully I can also get two fruits :D

I have bananas, dorian, lemons, apples and something else I forgot (oranges was it? the ones I gave you)

Mik2121

Some extra data..

Island Deep Ocean

- Awabi - 400 bells
- Hiramushi - 200 bells

Gemstones (obtained by breaking stones)

- Saphire - 2000 bells

Parakeetman

Some extra data..

Island Deep Ocean

- Awabi - 400 bells
- Hiramushi - 200 bells

Gemstones (obtained by breaking stones)

- Saphire - 2000 bells

Thanks for the new data and bringing over the fruit!
Btw the banana trees grow in dirt not sand right? Am a bit worried since the graphic looks like the coconut tree... though in real life its dirt. D:

I have oranges! Let's meetup and we can exchange.

Had to change cherries to lychee. The graphic almost looks the same lol.

Btw the banana trees grow in dirt not sand right? Am a bit worried since the graphic looks like the coconut tree... though in real life its dirt. D:

Top Bottom