• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
hmmm
for AC: NL, how many people can you connect with at once? In other words, how many people can visit your town?

Also, can someone post all of the haircuts/face/eye/mouth types available?
Thanks

4 at once I do believe.

If you look through the thread someone already posted a picture. Its not really a pick and choose sort of deal. Its more like you answer questions it which determines your look.
Taken from the very first page. It shows the guide for what a male character can look like.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44063483&postcount=14

Hobby

XtKkk.jpg

http://www.yukawanet.com/archives/4331920.html

かんづちを克服できます14 
(Blue Pikmin Hat). It says Pikmin when you put it on!

I have a second new villager moving in now.

The turnips were only 98 bells today! (I think that's cheap, right?)

Happy Home opened up! (I had a ton of AC passes yesterday, which seem to have gone to waste)

Got a present from my mom.

Started building a camp site.

Does anyone need oranges? I have a new harvest!

Parakeetman

I might blow 128k? I think it was on building a new bridge... Not sure if thats a good idea though lol.

With the amount of cash I have on hand now I should be able to pay off the next expansion debt.

Mik2121

Good morning!

Today's early news...

My house became BIGGER! Too bad now I have to pay a massive loan...

M3nUo.jpg

So let's start by selling all my stuff! I made a total of... 103,665 bells! Which also made me notice that you can only keep up to 99,999 bells in your pocket! Then the rest is stored in your inventory as money bags.

YqjG0.jpg

Now with all this money, gotta do some shoppings then use the rest to pay back the loan.
After the shoppings and paying back some money, I still have a loan of 88,636 bells. I think I might be able to pay this off today...

Anyway... a new guy called Mamoru came to my village. He's an awesome duck, but he looks so pissed off, hahah...

WINci.jpg

Also, Kappei is here, so I'm going to the island now! Yay! :D

lz4QS.jpg

Fossils are "rolled" when they are identified. I identified some fossils, but I couldn't donate any. When LG was disconnected from my game, the fossils were unidentified (game reverted back to an earlier save). I was able to donate one of three!

Parakeetman

How is everyone making so much money in this game? I remember being lucky to get more than 15,000 bells a day.

Lots of fishing. Not everyone does this, but I toss back the low value fish and go for the higher value ones only.

Check out the list am still working on here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44180289&postcount=395

Screw it am making the expensive ass bridge. My town layout is a huge PITA with the original bridge placement lol I know Im going to regret this later... haha oh yeah thats right a new bridge will cut off a little bit of fishing space too on a river. Ah screw it, I went and threw down the cash 128,000b BOOM :D

Parakeetman

Wow, I will definitely use this once I get the game next year. Thanks for putting the time into this. I don't mean to be a nag, but will we see something similar for bugs and fossils?

Bugs are on that list also.

Have not priced any fossils yet as am finishing sets first. Though what I can do from now on is, check the price before giving specific parts to the museum. Ill do that then and include it in the future. Will have to start from tomorrow. Already turned in everything for today. D:

Oh dear god today a different villager has flees wtf lol

Mik2121

Hahah! The island is awesome! I just got myself 18 bananas, 6 lemons, a bunch of exotics animals, some lobsters, algae and whatnot... how is it even legal to leave this place carrying this stuff, I don't know. But whatever! :D

Also I wonder if I'll be able to go back to the town, sell my stuff and come back to the island today...

Edit: Oh wow! Just noticed you can save a bunch of items on a box with 40 slots and have it sent to the village so you can pick it all up there! Awesome!!

I guess I'll stay here for a bit longer :p

Parakeetman

Wait, I just noticed it's not in English! :(

Yes because it wouldnt help those who are playing the Japanese version of the game to have totally different item names than whats presented.

How do you open the island?

Should be event driven. I was visited by the previous mayor a old turtle on my third day. Who introduced himself and talks about the island. Takes an extra day for the boat to show up apparently according to what he talks about.
No idea if this counts, but I had already gotten the point requirement to 100. For being able to do construction and what not for the town.

Parakeetman

Argh double posted again. Need to remember this place doesnt use that auto combine feature if one post is close within anothers time stamp. D: Sorry again folks.

Should be event driven. I was visited by the previous mayor a old turtle on my third day. Who introduced himself and talks about the island. Takes an extra day for the boat to show up apparently according to what he talks about.
No idea if this counts, but I had already gotten the point requirement to 100. For being able to do construction and what not for the town.

Thanks! I haven't seen the old mayor yet. I got the 100 points yesterday, so maybe he'll show up today?

Parakeetman

Thanks! I haven't seen the old mayor yet. I got the 100 points yesterday, so maybe he'll show up today?

It was odd he showed up right outside my door once it turned morning time. Maybe hes wandering around the island? Try looking around for him. He looks like the old turtle you see in the photo behind your desk on the right corner of the Town Hall.

Parakeetman

You use a special locker with 40 slots to send stuff to the town, so don't worry :p

I had 2 pages worth of garbage to get rid of. Boots, tires, cans D: At least its not that expensive to have the recycle shop dispose of it all.

Not too bad the bee is worth 2,500b. Add in the bee nest for 500b net yourself 3k b! Granted its a pain to catch the bees though D:

Can you still get the Animal Crossing 3DS?

From what I understand within Japan it pretty much sold out everywhere day 1. Dont think you would want to pay the kind of prices scalpers are putting up on yahoo auction if any are still left that is.

Lowest seems to be 23,500 JPY. Highest seems to be 29,800 JPY. Both of those are bid only too so one could guess sniping will go on within the last day / hours.

Mik2121

Man, I'm going back to the town with bananas, lemons, mangos and pineapples! Also a ton of exotic stuff... you will love this place, hahaha :D I also got a bunch of medals so I'll get a souvenir or something...

Parakeetman

Man, I'm going back to the town with bananas, lemons, mangos and pineapples! Also a ton of exotic stuff... you will love this place, hahaha :D I also got a bunch of medals so I'll get a souvenir or something...

Dude are you going to have enough room to plant all of that lol

One thing I wonder about planted trees is that if new NPCs will automatically clear trees out of the way. Planted ones anyways. D: Thats a huge concern of mine. Its too bad that we cant select the locations for them to live.

Would have been nice to have another separate continent for like setting up trees for farming and whatnots.

Mik2121

I'm planting lots of unique trees like, right next to my house or other buildings, so there's no way they get removed by someone moving in. Also I'm bringing about 30 seeds overall, planning to plant over half of those, so shouldn't be a problem... :p

apricot

From what I understand within Japan it pretty much sold out everywhere day 1. Dont think you would want to pay the kind of prices scalpers are putting up on yahoo auction if any are still left that is.

Lowest seems to be 23,500 JPY. Highest seems to be 29,800 JPY. Both of those are bid only too so one could guess sniping will go on within the last day / hours.

I'm pretty sure Iwata mentioned on a recent Nintendo Direct that they didn't anticipate such a high demand, so they'll actually be making more. All unit preorders were sold out before release. Anyone looking to buy might want to wait to see if they can preorder the second batch...

Mik2121

It seems you can go to the Island multiple times on the same day, and the fish available there sells for a ton, so I'll be fishing there all day, sending it back to town, selling it and then coming back lol!

Fresh Water
  1. Tanago - 900b - XS
  2. Nijimasu - 800b
  3. Black Bass - 300b
  4. Koi - 300b
  5. Yellow Perch 240b
  6. Ugui - 200b
  7. Nigoi - 200b
  8. Funa - 120b
  9. Blue Gill - 120b
  10. Kingyo - ?b - XS

[/LIST]

I caught a Donko, a Paiku, a Yamame in the river. Not sure what the price is though. I forgot when I caught them too.

Thanks for the great list!

Mik2121

Island's Deep Ocean (some of this might or might not be available somewhere else)

- Ika - 400 bells
- Fujitsubo - 600 bells
- Chinanago - 600 bells
- Umibudou - 600 bells
- Daiougusokumushi - 9000 bells
- Umiushi - 200 bells
- Lobster - 2500 bells
- Tako - 1200 bells
- Uni - 800 bells
- Oumugai - 900 bells
- Wakame - 200 bells

Island's Ocean (normal fishing)

- Kumanomi - 650 bells
- Manbou - 4000 bells
- Nanyouhagi - 1000 bells
- Napoleon Fish - 10000 bells
- Utsubo - 2000 bells
- Rouninaji - 4500 bells
- Chouchouuo - 1000 bells

Choc

Banned
Here are some pictures for you guys.

Got island access!

MrZLK.jpg

UkYpn.jpg

KkxZ2.jpg

Hakkemi came by and I got my fortune told. It was just some "something may happen, something may not happen" bull tho. :/

DLVPA.jpg

Also got my first hybrids

PNper.jpg

Got my bridge paid off. It'll be completed tomorrow.

3zUgM.jpg

how can i tell my mayor score? :( Whenever i got on my chair, the secretary comes to talk to me and i get up

edit: bugger it found it :)

Choc

Banned
is there a list anywhere of when the events occur like the flea market

the DS and Wii games had different days?

edit: does filling the museum boost the mayor rating? Do i buy seeds from the stores to plant trees because they haven't had any in stock?

Mik2121

Woooh... I just got a badge from Paronchino (whatever his name is in English). I got the Fish Doctor (Sakana Hakase) badge :p

Mik2121

Aaaandd... paid off my new house loan! First loan was 30k, second was 98k, third was 198k... now going for the next one!

Yikes! Next loan is 298k bells for the second floor... oh well! :p

And I also have to pay a ton for the new bridge I just built... I guess I will just pay off the bridge first. Having a big first floor and a second floor will be enough for a while :p

Do they come close to 5PM on GameCube?
I think so. They are probably some of my favorite AC songs of all time, and I just heard them. Most the ones I listen have a melancholy and/or eerie tone to them, which I really like when playing at night.

I wish there was like an MP3 player tool or something that would let you listen to your favorite songs (hourly, K.K., etc.) while you walked around.

Iacobellis

I think so. They are probably some of my favorite AC songs of all time, and I just heard them.

I wish there was like an MP3 player tool or something that would let you listen to your favorite songs (hourly, K.K., etc.) while you walked around.

That would be kind of neat, but would kill the spirit each song brings in my opinion. I only remember for the GameCuber version, the songs later at night (like 7PM onwards) got less cheerful and more dark you could say. It scared me a bit as a kid, especially 11PM as I anticipated the arrival of Wisp.

That would be kind of neat, but would kill the spirit each song brings in my opinion. I only remember for the GameCuber version, the songs later at night (like 7PM onwards) got less cheerful and more dark you could say. It scared me a bit as a kid, especially 11PM as I anticipated the arrival of Wisp.
Well, I don't think it should be something you can get right away. More like a reward for donating a lot of money of something. By then you would of heard everything multiple times, then you could tailor the music to your likes.

Plus, walking around listening to your K.K. music would be pretty sweet IMO.

Mik2121

Yeah.. what's up with 6 or 7PM as well? (forgot which one was it) That song is so sad lol :p

But yeah, lots of great songs in this game!

Iacobellis

Well, I don't think it should be something you can get right away. More like a reward for donating a lot of money of something. By then you would of heard everything multiple times, then you could tailor the music to your likes.

Plus, walking around listening to your K.K. music would be pretty sweet IMO.

Even better if you could listen to either version of his songs whenever you want! Some of his live performances are cool.

Top Bottom