• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: The Last Knight |SPOILER THREAD| The worst movie about cars this year

caliph95

I bet the next movie it will just be use (since yout still have to use humans) as an excuse to produce mooks for them to kill in slow motion and ill fitting music

So some spoilers I saw floating over on TFW from people who saw the premier:

-No explanation for Megatron's reversion to his old name or his new body
-The big thing crashing into Earth is the wrecked Cybertron
-Marky Mark is the last knight, I guess he's a descendant of King Arthur?
-Only Autobot who dies is Canopy
-Earth is Unicron but dormant
-Quintessa shows up in human form in the post credits scene on Earth seeking to awaken Unicron

Who knows if these are true but they all fit more or less.
This is the funniest thing I've read in weeks

dankir

Barricade practically wrote the play book on "ducking and dodging job duties"

Hasn't Barricade been killed in older films? Of all the faceless bots with zero fucking personality... don't get me started on Nitro Zeus lol why is Barricade still around?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So what happens with the whole Unicron is Earth plot?

To be continued.

5TWfsoJ.gif

I haven't seen 3 or 4, but after reading so articles about how there's plot written for a bajillion sequels, it felt like a lot of the lore in the film was laying down the groundwork for sequels and spinoffs. Transformers in WW2, Unicron, "I met you when I was a boy", secret society, etc.

Aggelos

Steve Jablosnky's score is coming out soon

Transformers5_zpstapuryle.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

COMPOSER STEVE JABLONSKY UNLEASHES
A TRANSFORMERS SCORE FOR THE AGES!

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT Soundtrack To Be Released Digitally by Paramount Music And On Limited Edition CD By La-La Land Records

(June 22nd, 2017 – Los Angeles, CA) – Paramount Pictures will release TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT- MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE digitally on June 23, 2017, and La-La Land Records will release a limited edition 2-CD SET (of 3000 units) at www.lalalandrecords.com on July 11, 2017. These releases feature the film’s original motion picture score, composed by Steve Jablonsky (TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, ENDER’S GAME).

Jablonsky and TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT director Michael Bay continue an exciting, longstanding collaboration that has forged numerous cinematic blockbusters, including the previous four TRANSFORMERS films: TRANSFORMERS, TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, TRANSFORMERS: DARK SIDE OF THE MOON and TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION.
“I met with Michael before he started shooting Transformers: The Last Knight,” recalled Jablonsky. “He showed me some amazing concept art and explained how the story connects the history of Transformers all the way back to the times of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. I loved the idea because it gave me the opportunity to explore new musical ideas… The storyline allowed me to write melodies that are a bit more “classical” than I’ve written for the other Transformers films, which was a lot of fun for me.”
“Another important aspect of the story revolves around massive skyscraper sized ‘horns from hell’ that start emerging from the earth,” describes Jablonsky. “They look like gigantic animal horns, no one knows what they are or why they have appeared. I wanted to create an unsettling sense of mystery and tension with the music.”

Jablonsky has composed the music for many of Hollywood’s most successful films. In addition to the legendary TRANSFORMERS film franchise, he previously created the music for director Bay’s dark comedy, PAIN & GAIN, as well as his 2005 futuristic thriller, THE ISLAND. In addition, Jablonsky composed the scores for Bay’s Platinum Dunes horror remakes A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, FRIDAY THE 13TH, THE HITCHER, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and THE AMITYVILLE HORROR.

The composer has also worked on multiple projects with director Peter Berg, including the action drama LONE SURVIVOR, starring Mark Wahlberg and Taylor Kitsch, and the action adventure BATTLESHIP, starring Liam Neeson and Alexander Skarsgård. He continued his collaboration with Berg on the action-thriller DEEPWATER HORIZON. Jablonsky also recently composed the score for the Keegan-Michael Key-Jordan Peele action-comedy KEANU, and the Michael Bay-produced action-adventure TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS.

The TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT – MUSIC FROM THE MOTION PICTURE will be available digitally from Paramount Pictures on June 23rd, 2017 and the limited edition 2-CD set is available from www.lalalandrecords.com on July 11, 2017.

ABOUT TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT
The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock). There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference. In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours.

Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, present TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, in theaters nationwide on June 21,2017 in IMAX 3D® and RealD 3D. Directed by Michael Bay, The film is executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Brian Goldner, and Mark Vahradian. Producers include Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto, Don Murphy, and Ian Bryce. The story is by Akiva Goldsman, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway & Ken Nolan, with screenplay by Art Marcum & Matt Holloway & Ken Nolan.

###

For more information contact Matt Verboys, La-La Land Records, 818.209.7854, Matt@LaLaLand-Ent.com, and for Steve Jablonsky - Jeff Sanderson, Chasen & Company, 310.274.4400, Jeff@ChasenPR.com

So Unicron isn't in this? Fuck.

Also, does Hound use that stupid as fuck line about him being a fat Ballerina? Because if he does I'm not sitting through this movie. Cringe.

Toa TAK

Banned
Jesus Christ... this series doesn't deserve Steve Jablonsky.

Listening to the score now. There's no way tracks such as Sacrifice, Purity of Heart, Seaglass Ni Tonday, Quintessa, to name a few, belong to this same film. There's no way.

Apharmd

Barricade practically wrote the play book on "ducking and dodging job duties"

I will give the Bay movies one thing.

Barricade is a good cop.

Because he doesn't fucking do jack shit, he doesn't kill anyone. Which puts him in the upper echelon of human cops. Yeah, he literally writes "PUNISH & ENSLAVE" on the side of the car but at least he's honest about it.

Because Quintessa touches his cheek and is essentially brainwashed.

That's it. It's exactly as you see in the trailers.

Did she do the same to Megatron though?
Cause the brainwashing was visible as the red marks on Prime's face, right?
Well, when Megatron starts helping out Quintessa he suddenly has the red marks on his face, but there's not really any explanation for it.

I probably shouldn't think to hard about it. Knowing these movies it could be something as simple as Bay thought it looked cool.

Apharmd

Did she do the same to Megatron though?
Cause the brainwashing was visible as the red marks on Prime's face, right?
Well, when Megatron starts helping out Quintessa he suddenly has the red marks on his face, but there's not really any explanation for it.

I probably shouldn't think to hard about it. Knowing these movies it could be something as simple as Bay thought it looked cool.

You already gave this more thought than everyone else on the project.

Dominator

Is that score they used in the 2nd trailer (I think) part of the movie? I hope so as I loved it. Would try to find a link but currently at work.

Would this be worth a trip to the theater, if I'm under the influence of a significant amount of marijuana? The IMAX spectacle seemed neat from the trailers, and the plot might be bonkers enough to earn my money. But is it too boring for this sort of viewing?

Quick

Banned
I was watching it last night and midway through came to the realization that it's essentially Michael Bay parody of himself.

A chunk of the movie consisted of his signature reaction cuts, where you get a wide shot of a character, then a cut zoomed into said character that clearly uses a different cut from the same scene a couple of times over.

I'm actually amazed that Bay and the writers were able to piece together the King Arthur story to Transformers, including a drunkard Merlin. Stanley Tucci was in fine form in this role. I initially thought they were going to connect him with his character in Age of Extinction. I'd say this is probably the best aspect of the movie for me.

Anthony Hopkins looked like he had a ton of fun filming this. I probably would've too.

Alright, that scene in the castle where they're in the room with the round table. That was fucking hilarious, with Cogman trying to set the mood and constantly interrupted.

Cade might be the best character of the movie, if only because of Wahlberg's comedy.

Just when you thought Izabella had a big role, she gets sidelined for a chunk of the movie until the climax. I guess they can't blow shit up around a teenager too much.

Cool to see Lennox return, but WHERE WAS EPPS. I was waiting on Tyrese to show up but I guess he got tied up with F8.

Vivian almost comes off as a Megan Fox-type purely on appearance. But not entirely the case. Though it's pretty bad for her character be reduced to "smarmy English woman in a 'stripper dress'" when she meets with Cade and Burton at the castle.

Optimus Prime's heel turn was super short - it really wasn't necessary to turn him into Nemesis Prime, but I guess they needed to spice him up beyond vicious killings. You've seen it all in the trailers. It took three scenes - Quintessa brainwashing Prime; Prime breaking into the Cybertronian ship underwater; and fighting Bumblebee when the ship goes above water.

The only thing missing has to be a Linkin Park track (yeah, I know Imagine Dragons did the last one).

Toa TAK

Banned
A parody of himself sounds about right, Quick.

Can you imagine any of the songs from their new album in this film?

Sure can.

If they ONLY kept it to the credits just as the film ends.

I don't think (and this is just me being an unimaginative, uncreative shmuck) that the songs from their latest album could be intertwined in the same way Iridescent was in the 3rd film, or how Battle Cry was woven into the score for the 4th (which was awesome).

I'm interested in watching this because the pure ridiculousness I heard about , but I must know this is really in the movie? Especially, the photos. I think I lost it with the deception slave owner.

B.K.

That was the worst film I have ever seen.

Worse than Manos or Monster a Go-Go?

Wow that was terrible. Should've quit back in 07, I thought the first one was at least enjoyable

It's funny how hindsight has turned the first one into a fairly watchable movie. I haven't seen The Last Knight yet and I probably won't. Age of Extinction was bad enough. It wouldn't have been too bad if it had been a hour shorter, but it sounds like The Last Knight has no redeeming qualities at all.

I just want a movie where Megatron gets to be the good guy, or at least not an antagonist. Him helping out Optimus in 3 and then getting an axe to the head for his troubles pissed me off hardcore. Like, I'm no decepticon apologist, but it just gets boring seeing the same shit over and over again. I want a little complexity in my transforming robot movies, is that so much to ask?

The only reason I'd watch this movie would be to make "Give me your face" jokes about Optimus Crime

I just want a movie where Megatron gets to be the good guy, or at least not an antagonist. Him helping out Optimus in 3 and then getting an axe to the head for his troubles pissed me off hardcore. Like, I'm no decepticon apologist, but it just gets boring seeing the same shit over and over again. I want a little complexity in my transforming robot movies, is that so much to ask?

I feel like we're being set up for this to happen for real in the next film at the earliest. Megatron in this movie had that patch of red sharpie on his face the same that Optimus did, but he doesn't quite have anybody to pull him out of the thrall that Quintessa has him in, if at all. Maybe Starscream, but I reckon his return would only work if he were to backstab Megatron one last time.

If I were that person who made that college dissertation on the original 3 Bayformers films, I'd be saying that Megatron's one line to Prime in this film about them being brothers once was him reaching out to Optimus to be saved in the same way that Optimus was saved by Bumblebee.

sphagnum

Banned

The only reason I'd watch this movie would be to make "Give me your face" jokes about Optimus Crime

He's always been the hero.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/210677266/I-actually-kind-of-appreciate-the-Transformers-movies

Top Bottom