• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: The Last Knight |SPOILER THREAD| The worst movie about cars this year

OMFG so Shia does make a cameo? Wonder what dirt Bay has on him.

He himself isn't in the movie. It's that stupid picture of his crazy hair from the 1st. Hopkins is talking about... eh, stuff, basically the Witwicky family are important to the 'formers as we knew from the first movie, in this movie they're called the Witwiccans (lol) and in Hopkin's Room of Exposition are a bunch of artifacts and pictures of people in important/related families/lineages. So there's one of Shia, it shows it for like a split second and it's his internet pic from the first one but it's in this like elegant frame.

It's the only part of the movie that made me laugh because it's harmlessly funny and out of nowhere.

Like, the only instance of harmless, decent humor in the movie.

Toa TAK

Banned
OMFG so Shia does make a cameo? Wonder what dirt Bay has on him.

Does he have a "I do NOT want to be here!" look like Bill Murray in Ghostbusters 2016 did?

No. While Anthony Hopkins is spouting that Transformers have been involved in LITERALLY EVERY EVENT IN HUMAN HISTORY
yes EVERY. ONE.
(which means we ain't shit without Transformers in this movie universe), they eventually go up to present day and end with a picture of Sam Witwicky's grandpa and then jump to a picture of him with his hair all messy making a silly face.

I kept expecting Stanley Tucci to show up in the modern era after his extended cameo as Merlin, especially when they revealed that "only his DNA" could activate the staff.

Toa TAK

Banned
I kept expecting Stanley Tucci to show up in the modern era after his extended cameo as Merlin, especially when they revealed that "only his DNA" could activate the staff.

Same. Though, I doubt he was going to top that Merlin performance. I think it's less of those two characters being connected and more like Bay wanted him back. Worked out.

THAT SAID, with how mind-scrambling the story and character's actions are, maybe we SHOULD let the fans take a stab at it?

dM2cZ1U.png

Eeeeeeh.... nevermind.

While I feel like riffing, Megatron's suicide squad team getting dispatched almost immediately by Mark Walberg blowing up a street was so ridiculous lol. The drones that looked exactly like Darth Vader's tie-fighter ended up being more threatening.

Does Grimlock have more screen time or play a more important role in this "movie"?
He vomits up a police cruiser and face rolls over some human beings who are part of this film's iteration of the transformer kill squad.

Same. Though, I doubt he was going to top that Merlin performance. I think it's less of those two characters being connected and more like Bay wanted him back. Worked out.

THAT SAID, with how mind-scrambling the story and character's actions are, maybe we SHOULD let the fans take a stab at it?

dM2cZ1U.png

Eeeeeeh.... nevermind.

Fox actually got the part by washing Bay's car while he filmed it.

That was her audition.

Toa TAK

Banned
You what didn't completely fail as a one-liner?

Fuckin Bumblebee's. Just the right mix of extremely cheesy 80s action movie and endearing.

Since we are talking about Shia I'd like to take a moment to say I really, really like the movie Eagle Eye.
I did, too, actually.

I walked out of it guys. When Marky Mark decided to super Mario to safety by jumping on mini TIE Fighters I looked at my friend and said "I'm fucking done." Ended up going to a bar to drink the hour that felt like two hours away. Holy fuck it was so bad.

Toa TAK

Banned
I walked out of it guys. When Marky Mark decided to super Mario to safety by jumping on mini TIE Fighters I looked at my friend and said "I'm fucking done." Ended up going to a bar to drink the hour that felt like two hours away. Holy fuck it was so bad.

I'm disappointed in you, Haloid.

You couldn't hang.

LIKE A MAN

Ok, so I just listened to some of the Double Toasted review.

Is there really a Decepticon named "Nitro Zeus"???

Can I enjoy this as a terrible film? Everything I hear just sounds so batshit.

Dead

well not really...yet
Physically and mentally exhausting to sit through. Thoroughly insane, like get help insane. I can't even understand how a human brain can sit in an editing room and put this together.

There's no rating scale on which to rate this movie even, because I don't think you can even call this a movie. It's a fucking weaponized visual moral and cultural holocaust.

Between this and the constant deluge of Disney shit flicks, cinema has been murdered.
Disney shit is still worse

Physically and mentally exhausting to sit through. Thoroughly insane, like get help insane. I can't even understand how a human brain can sit in an editing room and out this together.

There's no rating scale on which to rate this movie because I don't think you can even call this a movie. It's a fucking weaponized visual moral and cultural holocaust.

Between this and the constant deluge of Disney shit flicks, cinema has been murdered.

I've wondered on occasion if Bay has an agreement with some cultural arm of the US government to do... whatever it is to the US and the world that his movies do.

The blatant worship of consumer excess. The flagrant bigotry and sexism. The dumbing down of language to a kind of internationally accessible 'kindergarten english'.

And that's not even touching on the obvious military fetishism, or all the anonymous soldier-volunteers who always pop out of nowhere in the third act, willing to sacrifice their lives for whatever adventure the 'hero' is up to.

Is it me? Am I reaching? Bay has collaborated with the military an awful lot in his films. What kind of director would just *choose* such a blatant corporate-military agenda as an artistic choice?

Dead

well not really...yet
This movie is some kind of MK Ultra visual and aural rubber fuck my brain fest.

Bravo Micheal Bay, bravo. 😎

Apharmd

One of the things I enjoyed about this movie is how Bay sets up Chekhov's armory and proceeds to use one handgun from there. And a knife.

I'm sorry, did I say enjoyed?

I meant painfully recalled.

Tek

So what about Barricade? Didn't he come back in this movie?

This sounds like a horrible mess, after AOE I don't know if I can suffer through another one.

I really wish they would just reboot this especially if IF Bay leaves....I'm sure he will leave just like all the other times he was going to leave

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
What a disappointing summer movie season this has been. The only highlight I can think of so far is Wonder Woman. Pirates, and this were awful and Guardians was just...eh.

Though in the case of Guardians it's kinda hard to follow up such a great first film, so I dunno if I can fully blame 'em on that one.

Mirk

Man it is fucked up that this is transformers to kids now. I will die before that make a good film with this property. It time for a avatar change I think. :(

ryseing

What a disappointing summer movie season this has been. The only highlight I can think of so far is Wonder Woman. Pirates, and this were awful and Guardians was just...eh.

Though in the case of Guardians it's kinda hard to follow up such a great first film, so I dunno if I can fully blame 'em on that one.

I liked King Arthur. Too bad nobody else did.

Timu

July is looking good though!

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
So I have never seen a film in 3D. But I kinda want to do it with this for my second viewing. Is the 3D/Imax shit good for a first timer?

Actually he's super fuckin tame in this movie. That shot of him slicing heads off wasn't even when he was on Evil mode.
Him decapitating 5 decepticons was pretty badass... but it's sadly about the only cool thing he does in the entire movie. And it's almost the only cool thing any transformer does.

And in regards to those decepticons, they're the guys who morph together to form a giant decepticon. You think the film would have them go toe-to-toe with the dragon, who is also an amalgamation of a bunch of transformers... but nope!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Disney shit is still worse

I legitimately don't know what you're referring to here. Disney has been fairly consistent for a number of years now.

AzerPhire

So many pointless scenes and plot points. This movie really could have been 45 minutes. As much as I like some of Bay's older movies he really needs to step away from this franchise and someone new is needed to take the focus off humans and the military and put it on the Transformers. There is just way too much bloat.

• The whole Cade being the Last Knight story goes nowhere. So the talisman bonds with him but nothing happens with that until the very end where he is able to summon a sword to protect Optimus. How did he know the sword would appear? Why swing your arms up like a sword if you have no idea what was about to happen?
  • Izabella and Squeeks were totally unnecessary. Added nothing to the plot
  • The military's plan to find the staff was to negotiate with Megatron to have him lead them to Cade so they can capture him while also taking out Megatron. They had Megatron alone in the dessert why not take him out there? They already had Cade's location could they not have just Lennox in who is on decent terms with the autobots?
  • Bumblebee somehow finds his original voice (again?) for a crucial scene and then loses it moments later

Watched it last night. I'd say it's on par with Revenge of the Fallen. They're both terrible, but in slightly different ways. Revenge of the Fallen was just offensively bad. The Last Knight is an incomprehensible mess.

Characters that don't do anything. Plot lines that don't go anywhere. Things happen and people do things that don't really make sense within the context of the movie. There's just layer upon layer of random events happening, and flashbacks, and more plot lines, and more characters.

And yet, despite all the over-complicated mess, the story still somehow is the exact same "Get the mcguffin, beat the big bad" plot that every other one is.

I don't know why I bother going to see these movies. I know they'll be bad.

Top Bottom