• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party: The Top 100 announced

Fliesen

... Any of the games gonna wear out your analog stick / pad? Or is Tug o' War button mashing, not spinning?

2664056-6189018407-fyS4P.gif
2664058-0298306966-Ja74l.gif
2664059-2495977891-HXOuW.gif

Stopdoor

Man, at least Star Rush was a relatively lightly received game by trying a new thing that wasn't the dreaded "CAR" and releasing before the Switch announcement. I love old school Mario Party but the animosity and drive-by endlessly regurgitated opinions about online, handhelds, and mechanics is a chore to read. I don't think Star Rush even got an OT though, it went that under the radar here.

Bombs Away is in? YES
okay, let's get Chain Chomp Fury and Dungeon Duos in there.

Seriously Dungeon Duos is class, surprised no one else has mentioned it yet.
As far as random stuff goes, random ride in MP5 was always worth a chuckle, choosing you flying machine and watching it smoke out in disastrous fashion.

Davey Cakes

I've been saying for YEARS that Nintendo should do "Mario Party All-Stars" with the best (or most highly regarded) boards and minigames in the series in one package.

This is a step in that direction but 3DS exclusivity is a disappointment. I don't want multiplayer games on 3DS as my friends aren't interested in that. They're all buying Switches and want to play around the TV just like back in the N64 and Gamecube days.

It's a repeat of what happened with Mario Golf 3DS. I'd probably own that if it was on Wii U since I'd actually get mileage out of it on Wii U. My friends loved Mario Gold on consoles in the past.

A full-fledged "best of" Mario Party game may come to the hybrid platform at a point, and that's when I'll be jumping back in. At the very least, Nintendo has acknowledged the demand for something like this as opposed to another game in the vein of Mario Party 10.

daveo42

Banned
We can finally have a 100 turn Mario Party Party. With 100 mini-games, we'll at least get to see 40 of them during that time.

Tabasco

Does Nintendo not want to listen to the fans when it comes to Mario Party?

We don't want it on 3DS and we want online play, ffs.

I'm going to assume the "board play" is something really simplistic. Like, run around a square and winning minigames makes you go faster. If there were legit boards, they wouldn't have pushed the minigame part so much.

I have played very few MP games but I can for say I want the boards of tbe first game. Pretty basic not many stuff going on, turns didnt take long so you would spend a lot of time on mini games. But no board at all? I dont see the point :/

The thing about the boards though is that they took a steep decline when ND Cube took over. No reason to think they'll suddenly be better now that they're remaking a bunch of old minigames (some of which are based on ones they made) so I'd much rather not have the boards back. Replace them with something more streamlined.

Z..

I cannot understand why they would release this on 3DS. I'm super happy that they're still supporting it decently, but can someone please explain to me how this particular release makes any kind of sense whatsoever? Am I missing something here? Oo

Davey Cakes

I cannot understand why they would release this on 3DS. I'm super happy that they're still supporting it decently, but can someone please explain to me how this particular release makes any kind of sense whatsoever? Am I missing something here? Oo
Nintendo is squeezing out every last drop from the old, wet rag that is the 3DS.

The 3DS had a spectacular year last year so they're still riding that wave of success. I think they still see the 3DS as better entry point to Nintendo IP for the younger audience also. That said, I fully expect 2017 3DS hardware/software to be way down from 2016, which I think will temper their enthusiasm for the platform quite a bit.

ramparter

Banned
Cheaper to produce. I disagree but I understand their reasoning.

Instro

The games releasing now started production before the Switch was released to big success. I'm sure Nintendo wasn't sure if this thing would do well, so hedged their bets a little. Certainly Nintendo has always been inclined to slowly dwindle support on their handhelds anyway as they've phase out the old one. As we can see though, almost everything for the 3DS is now cheap smaller games, and are releasing very soon. Based on their announcements it looks like support will dry up completely in 2018, but we will know for sure in January probably.

This game looks amazing but I would have an easier time finding friends to play with on Switch because of the easier barrier to local multiplayer. I love my 3DS and I still buy games for it monthly but only this one specific game really should have been on Switch purely for the logistics

Z..

I understand why there are still games coming for the 3DS and thank god for that because I love it... I just don't get this one specific game. This would be perfect on Switch and it's borderline useless on the 3DS for most. What in the hell... Oo

I wonder if it'll be redone original music, or have it's own OST.

I hope it has this, this, this, and a bunch of others. Because you can have these games be 1 to 1 like the originals, but if the music is different, it'll be some uncanny valley.

I've been saying for YEARS that Nintendo should do "Mario Party All-Stars" with the best (or most highly regarded) boards and minigames in the series in one package.
Speaking of which, I think Mario Party All-Stars would have been a better title for this game than the Top 100.

Velcro Fly

I want to see what the board play looks like but I'm probably buying this.

I bought Star Rush and had fun with it.

edit: boxart clearly shows it has some amiibo functionality.

SOME-MIST

Does Nintendo not want to listen to the fans when it comes to Mario Party?

We don't want it on 3DS and we want online play, ffs.
I do want online but 3DS is perfect. Theres only 1 game (for me) worth shelling out for a switch and I'm most definitely not buying a switch for one game.

It is odd that it isnt both switch and 3DS tho.

Amiibo details announced.

Tap compatible amiibo™ figures to receive in-game bonuses on Minigame Island. Stand on a circle marked with the amiibo symbol and tap to get 10 coins. If the amiibo circle is occupied by a Goomba or Koopa Troopa, tap their respective amiibo figures for 50 coins! If your life reaches 0, you can tap compatible amiibo to restore one life. Each compatible amiibo can be scanned once per day.

Tap the Goomba or Koopa Troopa amiibo™ figures at the Minigame Pack selection screen in Minigame Match or Championship Battles for a shortcut to unlocking the Goomba Minigame Pack or the Koopa Troopa Pack.

nin1000

Banned
I think they should add nother game to the bunch.

Ladies and gentleman its called

The shower game.​
super_mario_brothers_shower_power_head_by_avaneshop-d55bv7i.jpg

EviLore would approve wouldnt he ?
TMEJZks.png

Top Bottom