• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Taisaijin

New sets showing up at TRU, including Star Wars and Super Heroes

(brick show warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgcMlegDGQU

There's a lot of good small to mid sized sets this round. I'm really excited about some of those Star Wars sets. Need that Lando and Thrawn!

Wait, are folks anti-brickshow? Not saying the quality is anywhere near Jangs, but they aren't terrible. I enjoy how they stack up their modulars and basically guesstimate their ranking on the fly based on arbitrary features.

Also "Chezz Albert" is my fav part of the Parisan review.

I stopped watching it a long time ago because of alternatives like Jang and Just2Good. Their reviews aren't as interesting to me and they've never made a secret that they get free sets, which reduces their credibility. Jang often states he buys all his sets at full retail and he will be critical of sets. The one time I remember him getting something for free, he did a contest to give it away (the Scooby package).

TBS was the first yt channel I watched for LEGO reviews though, so I don't completely dismiss them. They have some content worth watching, i just don't watch regularly.

Wait, are folks anti-brickshow? Not saying the quality is anywhere near Jangs, but they aren't terrible. I enjoy how they stack up their modulars and basically guesstimate their ranking on the fly based on arbitrary features.

I've only seen a few of their videos but I can't stand them. Everything I've seen comes across very patronizing.

Lego contest #7 is UP! We're using robo explorers this time

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=230316551#post230316551

Nice! Maybe this time I'll actually participate.

E5tFFCy.jpg

It's Valentine's Day, Lego GAF.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I built something! I meant to post this last week but all the Batman hype got to me and I completely forgot!

I started building an Ice Cream shop modular last year, but then we moved into a bigger house and I had/have more room so I built a beach front and went from there. Most of it has interiors too, but it was pretty difficult taking photos of some of it- while the Ice Cream shop is on a baseplate and removable, the rest is just built on plates and locked in- def lessons learned for next time. Still the biggest thing ive ever built and enjoyed, and its been nice having room and time to do it!

More in album.

I built something! I meant to post this last week but all the Batman hype got to me and I completely forgot!

I started building an Ice Cream shop modular last year, but then we moved into a bigger house and I had/have more room so I built a beach front and went from there. Most of it has interiors too, but it was pretty difficult taking photos of some of it- while the Ice Cream shop is on a baseplate and removable, the rest is just built on plates and locked in- def lessons learned for next time. Still the biggest thing ive ever built and enjoyed, and its been nice having room and time to do it!

More in album.

Amazing, congratulations!

A beach diorama or display is on my near future plans, but I will mainly integrate official sets into a scene. Maybe I will get better MOC talents later on...

Edited: I specially liked how you made the shore line. Saving your pictures for shameless references.

Ponn

Banned

But where is the figggggg Legooooo?!

I finally got my Knight Rider dimensions set but i'm not messing with it tonight and tomorrow is laundry day so may not get to it till the weekend but heres a pic anyways. Got the Excalibur Batman from Target a couple days ago.

I had the Batman Movie story pack already preordered but again Amazon didn't ship it and says out of stock. This happened with Fantastic Beasts to so either Amazon is really screwing up stock on these recent sets or WB is short shipping them.

I had the Batman Movie story pack already preordered but again Amazon didn't ship it and says out of stock. This happened with Fantastic Beasts to so either Amazon is really screwing up stock on these recent sets or WB is short shipping them.
Amazon keeps dropping the price right before release, leading to lots of last-minute orders.

Ponn

Banned
Amazon keeps dropping the price right before release, leading to lots of last-minute orders.

That may be it, it sucks though because I ordered mine months ago. I go ahead and do that right away so if it drops in price i get the auto price drop on my preorder. Anyways I just got an update they are shipping it next week.

Hey everyone BRICKHEADZ TONIGHT on US Shop@Home right?! Is anyone picking any of them up? If so which ones? If the Beauty and the Beast ones are available i'm thinking of getting them for my sis and then maybe the 4 Batman ones, Joker Batgirl, Robin and Batman. FYI on the US store Disco Batman/Tears of Clown polybag looks to still be available with purchase of $75 or more and the free poster this week is Batgirl.

More in album.
Fantastic work!

wetwired

tVAp7XI.jpg

I found the pages with the batmobiles from the Amazon sample pages for the book.

I see what you mean, it's been incorrectly captioned, all of the above batmobiles with the yellow background were my creations and it's been credited to "Adam Duncan", apparently all of them already existed as real world LEGO sets, which is also incorrect :(

The below image is from another page, I've highlighted the ones I made, they appear to be duplicated too as the same one as down below repeated.

I'm trying to get some old Star Wars UCS, namely 10134 (Y-Wing), 10212 (Tydirium shuttle) and 10175 (Vader's TIE). Would it be better to just grab used set off eBay or bricklink it?

Anyone tried bricklinking UCS sets before?

tVAp7XI.jpg

I found the pages with the batmobiles from the Amazon sample pages for the book.

I see what you mean, it's been incorrectly captioned, all of the above batmobiles with the yellow background were my creations and it's been credited to "Adam Duncan", apparently all of them already existed as real world LEGO sets, which is also incorrect :(

The below image is from another page, I've highlighted the ones I made, they appear to be duplicated too as the same one as down below repeated.

Dude that's totally fucked, is there any way you can contact them about the improper credit so they can fix it in future printings? You did incredible work, you should be properly credited for it!! ):<

Also I don't think... any of them? are real Lego sets, so it's factually incorrect twice. C'mon publisher get your shit straight.

More in album.

This reminds me of Earthbound so much :) I don't remember the name of the town but i think that everyone who played it knows what part i mean...

wetwired

Dude that's totally fucked, is there any way you can contact them about the improper credit so they can fix it in future printings? You did incredible work, you should be properly credited for it!! ):<

Also I don't think... any of them? are real Lego sets, so it's factually incorrect twice. C'mon publisher get your shit straight.

yeah all of the ones on the yellow background under that caption are mine and not real lego sets.

I contacted the art director I was dealing with and she's apologetic, she's gonna see what she can do if they do another print run but it doesn't sound likely anything will happen

yeah all of the ones on the yellow background under that caption are mine and not real lego sets.

I contacted the art director I was dealing with and she's apologetic, she's gonna see what she can do if they do another print run but it doesn't sound likely anything will happen

Ugh I'm so sorry man. If that happened to me I'd cry, straight up bawl. I don't mean to like rub salt in it or anything but goddamn that is so frustrating ):

wetwired

Ugh I'm so sorry man. If that happened to me I'd cry, straight up bawl. I don't mean to like rub salt in it or anything but goddamn that is so frustrating ):

eh, I know I worked on them, Animal Logic knows I worked on them, my name is in the credits...

plus I have all the files for them still, so eventually I'll show them all off :)

mrkgoo

tVAp7XI.jpg

That sucks. When I saw your post, I was thinking, hey I've seen that before....

It's amazing work, and you should be credited for it.

Osahi

tVAp7XI.jpg

That sucks. It must feel like someone else gets the credit for your hard and creative work.

I do think I can see what happened though. Could it be that those particular images of those vehicles were created by that other guy, based on your designs? (Correct me if those images are renders you submitted). The quote that it was idea to turn them into movie models because they were based on existing sets could be a misinterpretation, as they were based on existing designs of you.

I hope they rectify it in future prints, because you deserve the credit.

Ryuuroden

Bought and built the new Y-Wing.

It is great, especially the bomb-rack system. So simple yet it works very well! Shame about the low capacity, and loading 4 bombs is practically impossible but whatever, the idea counts.

Hellish amount of small parts though, especially the ice skates used in engines. Difficult to get them attached properly. Stickers are also an annoyance... why can't they put two sticker sheets to each set with stickers, because it is inevitable something will get messed up.

Now i just need a modern TIE Bomber, hope we'll get one at some point. (Preferably Empire colors.)
Also would love a UCS Y-Wing (and UCS TIE Bomber).

I believe I read we will be finally getting a new tie bomber somewhere.

Osahi

Is that a new 8x6x3 wide cockpit window ?
k6nzrsz.jpg

Boom! Out of nowhere! Ghostmind , you'll have to step up your games, because juniors are starting to deliver the goodies now!
/joking

Looks amazing. Wonder what the price will be, as it doesn't look thát big of a model. If it is reasonably priced, I'll jump.

papluh

I was just lucky hanging on Reddit :D

BTW this new one looks closer to the proportions of the movie one (bulky cockpit, wing angle). Although one has to admit the older one was more sleek.

That sucks Wet. You actually built physical models right? Perhaps that was the miscommunication.

We know you did it!

Is that a new 8x6x3 wide cockpit window ?
k6nzrsz.jpg

Is it me or does this look quite a bit smaller than some of the recent UCS vehicles? Very curious to see how the price and piece count looks....

secret rob

Neo Member
I picked up the Batman story set and Excalibur last Friday at Target in the US. They even price matched Bestbuy on the 29.99 price instead of their 49.99 for the story set.

Finally picked up Michael Knight to go with KITT today, I had no idea it was an EB exclusive here in Australia. I thought the Batman Lego Movie story and fun packs were out today too but apparently not til March here. Is that the case in the US as well?

pSlD11v.jpg

Bonus Gif with the lights in action

Bonus Bonus video with music

Koren

Is it me or does this look quite a bit smaller than some of the recent UCS vehicles? Very curious to see how the price and piece count looks....
It's a bit shorter than recent vehicles, indeed.

But I think it's still a bit too large (although not unexpected). Original craft is about twice shorter than an X-Wing. Another ship, another scale, I find this a bit annoying when it's too obvious :/

Seems nice, though.

I see what you mean, it's been incorrectly captioned, all of the above batmobiles with the yellow background were my creations and it's been credited to "Adam Duncan"
:( I'd suggest sending word to the publisher, if only out of principles...

That's lovely (and inspiring)... Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom