• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this! Currently in a bit of a dark age (come back castle/pirates/fancy trains ;_;) but couldn't resist Jurassic Park, Doctor Who, BttF, and Krusty for $1 each.

If any west coast Lego GAF folks could grab some for me that would be awesome. I'd be happy to pay for your time or trade some other sets. PM me to discuss.

Beauty and the Beast BrickHeadz:

SVMrAIs.jpg

Is it wrong that I look at Belle's hair and think how those parts would be very useful to make a poop emoji? I guess I'm just a stinker.

29881984315_65aeac33f6_n.jpg

Brick-moji: Pile of poo by Iain Heath, on Flickr

I always wonder if these giant display figures are made of real lego

Yes, they are.

The Lego Store here always have one or two mega builds, real size displays. There was an impressive tiger in the end if last year.

I asked and the employers said they did not build those, they came pre assembled (from some sort of marketing department I guess). Makes sense, since I have seem pictures of the same build around the country, I guess they rotate them on the stores.

papluh

They ones for official purposes are build in LEGO factories. Then there are one offs from certified builders and LEGOLANDs have own workshops.

The position is better than working at the assembly line, but don't expect much creative work, you get the model in PC software and just follow it. In Kladno Factory (Czech Rep.) they even work 2 shifts.

3552803.jpg

LEGO Giraffe meets pinnacle of ex Early Cold War era Czechoslovak military off-road truck :D

I look at the Brick Headz and say, I'm not sure about these.

So I will only buy all of them...

I am not sold in the concept yet, but mainly because I can see then being very addictive, and I don't need another one, lol. Also because the ones from Comicon were exclusives and quite expensives now, and the completionist on me will scream to get those (plus they were pretty cool).

Oh shit that Lego robot and Lego houses.. OK, Creator has my money this summer.. Not sure which house I'll get though, so hard to pick one!

Tom_Cody

Two quick questions:

Do we know anything about this set? Pictures, release estimates, anything? I've wanted a Jedi Starfighter + Hyperdrive Ring set forever so I'll definitely be grabbing it up.
http://brickset.com/sets/75191-1/Jedi-Starfighter-with-Hyperdrive-Booster-Ring

Do we know anything about the 'Gotham Energy' combining bits from various Lego Batman sets? It looks like the new sets will feature even more components.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuuJL1iHJoA
Anyone?

A TRU in Stockholm had UCS TIE and the Ferrari for 50% off. It would be a huge hassle to bring them on the plane though. I'll check by my local one.

BahamutPT

Built the Rogue One U-Wing today. Now I need to figure out a way to display it at an angle (facing sideways), as I think it looks fantastic that way.

When does the February Batman minifig promo begin?

Smart that you are checking. I stupidly went today thinking it was the 1st. Feb 10-28th in US.

Wasnt a total loss. Got the Krypto polybag promo.

Also finally completed Batman CMFs. Duck Batman and Orca continue to be the ones is most demand based on my searches for them. Need 1 more Duck Batman and 1-2 more Orcas.

willp2003

Double VIP is when I'll be getting assembly square!
Edit: assuming Europe get double VIP, which we don't always get the same as the US

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Disappointed there's not more animal moulds but I think the City Jungle theme looks pretty good. Definitely tide me over a little until we get a proper Adventurers theme again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom