• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Comrades: TGS 2017 Trailer

God they're making it hard for me to wait for the pc version. I already got it on ps4 and am like 6 hours in. also that song is so good, i want a studio recording separate from the trailer.

Munti

Nice, I'm excited. Enjoyed the beta a lot.
I like the atmosphere of the trailer.
Looks like one of the very first missions will be to make the defected wagon work again?

everytime I see "theme song by Nobuo Uematsu" I think "Nobuo Uematsu was paid to do this song."

Looking forward to this as long as I can make a cute girl character

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Looks good so far, can't wait to actually have fun with the new magic system while teamed up with a few friends.

Don't really care if the theme song is good or not, it's not like it'll be playing the whole time.

Customization looks sweet too!

The melody of the Uematsu song was fine (even sounds FF-ish), but the choice to turn it into a modern-esque vocal pop-rock song was a failure. Why do they feel compelled to make everything vocal pop-esque? This song could've worked with no vocals, piano lead and orchestra, no band drum-set percussion, no electric guitar or electric bass, no vocals.

The melody isn't horrible but it sounds like an alien listened to every Nobuo song and was like "I can make this!"

It's bad because it has a Japanese female singer singing unintelligible Engrish in a comically low register.

First off, the singer sings in English perfectly fine, almost like she is fluent in the language. Second, for all you know she probably is fluent in English and you're just making assumptions because of her nationality.

It honestly sounds like a generic version of the XIV theme songs.

I don't get that impression at all. It's certainly better than whatever Stormblood's vocal theme was.

The melody of the Uematsu song was fine (even sounds FF-ish), but the choice to turn it into a modern-esque vocal pop-rock song was a failure. Why do they feel compelled to make everything vocal pop-esque? This song could've worked with no vocals, piano lead and orchestra, no band drum-set percussion, no electric guitar or electric bass, no vocals.

Pop-rock? Sounded more like a hymn. Did we listen to the same song?

LordKasual

Banned
He's made plenty of bad songs. Starting with Eyes on Me.

:mad:

anyway....trailer was...meh.

but i played the beta and liked what I saw, what little there was to see. So i'm hype.

the gameplay systems even in that sliver was already pretty far ahead of XV's.

Okay the song is a bit weird but the gameplay is really cool. I still need to think and ask why this was necessary for a single player franchise. I mean they could have spent resources elsewhere. I really hope XVI jumps back to strong single player goodness.

Pop-rock? Sounded more like a hymn. Did we listen to the same song?
Whatever the fuck it was, rock pop hymn, band instrumentation with vocals... urgh.

And slightly echoing the unpopular opinion regarding Eyes on Me, that song was schmaltzy as fuck. Kinda corny too. I've never been much a fan of the vocal songs of the FF series from FFVIII and onward (not counting Liberi Fatali, which I welcome MORE of that kinda thing). The best, IMO, is Suteki da ne, with Answers being a second. Though when it comes down to it, I would prefer something more along the line of Memoro de la Ŝtono, or even Somnus. To me, that style is more easy to swallow than, "Get the band and amps ready, time for a rock/pop ballad!" type of shit that's a-dime-a-dozen with JRPGs.

TheCed

Will try it. (Paid for it after all)

Hopefully the added story will be worth the wait.

I'm more interested in the Ignis Episode however.
Hopefully we'll get some news soon

Okay the song is a bit weird but the gameplay is really cool. I still need to think and ask why this was necessary for a single player franchise. I mean they could have spent resources elsewhere. I really hope XVI jumps back to strong single player goodness.

A single-player franchise with two MMOs and a multitude of off-shoots that have co-op multiplayer in the games?

I am of the mind that this was planned (talked about and marketed with the Season Pass) and is something I look forward to seeing what is done with it. Assassins Creed Brotherhood was fantastic because it did MP in a way no one else did and it was fun and fresh. The MP here is something fresh and new and something I would like to see more games attempt to do. Something different.

New Universe Trailer

Has some episode ignis cutscene. More importantly there seems to be "Additional Story Content" with some key-artwork.

Announcement incoming?

I saw "increased hunt capacity" in that Universe trailer. That's a welcome addition for sure. I'm interested in these story additions. Hope they are done well and mesh nicely into the main game.

"Join the evolution". It's exciting watching XV evolve into a complete game over all these months. Jk

sibarraz

Banned
Im glad that even though I sold my Xbox one I never sold this game

Now that I will buy an X i'm thinking on playing the game again. if I start a NG+ I doesn't have to grind that much right?

edit: never Heard of king's knight, I didn't even know that it was avaliable, is incredible that the city builder game was more promoted than this

yunbuns

I didn't expect this kind of music but I loved it tbh. Nobuo slays again.

I usually love all the vocal themes but I agree that the
XIV vocal themes suck.

I didn't expect this kind of music but I loved it tbh. Nobuo slays again.

I usually love all the vocal themes but I agree that the
XIV vocal themes suck.

Eh... I like Answers. Dragonsong is pretty good too. But I'll agree Revolutions is...not great.

I think I got down most of Choosing Hope's lyrics. Anyone want to help clear up anything I missed? Some of the sound FX in the trailer get in the way of parts of the song so some parts are tough...

Choosing Hope Lyrics:

If the Oracle can Heal
If the Plague can be removed
And the darkness overcome
Then I'll carry on too

Must I live to Sacrifice
Must I die to make things right
Do I dare believe in Hope
When surrounded by Light

Into the darkness we will fly
(We will fly)
Soaring above the earth
Praying this world will survive
(Believe)
Fighting and surviving for the Night
(For the Night)

Believing ??? last night
Loving until the End
(Until the End)

Choosing Hope when all hope has been lost
And believing in the strength of our prayers

We've fought evil and fiercest of foes
Strong against all these odds [fade]

Spoiler tagging the lyrics, as it can be quite the spoiler for those who haven't played.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I think I got down most of Choosing Hope's lyrics. Anyone want to help clear up anything I missed? Some of the sound FX in the trailer get in the way of parts of the song so some parts are tough...

Choosing Hope Lyrics:

If the Oracle can Heal
Then I’ll carry on too

Must I live to Sacrifice
When surrounded by Light

Into the darkness we will fight/fly
(We will fight/fly)
Soaring under the ???
(Believe)
(For the Night)

Believing ??? last night
Loving until the End
(Until the End)

We’ve fought evil and fiercest of foes

Spoiler tagging the lyrics, as it can be quite the spoiler for those who haven't played.

I'm hearing "fly". Makes sense since the next line is "soaring". I also hear "soaring above the", not under. Can't make out the next word though.

The next ??? just sounds like gibberish lol.

I'm hearing "fly". Makes sense since the next line is "soaring". I also hear "soaring above the", not under. Can't make out the next word though.

The next ??? just sounds like gibberish lol.

Thanks. I still hear "Soaring under" but if it is in fact "Soaring above" then the ??? is easy as I keep hearing "Soaring under the earth". So, "Soaring above the earth" makes so much sense. Will update.

The last ??? are words but there is so much sound fx happening there that I can't make it out.

ryushe

Choosing Hope Lyrics:

If the Oracle can Heal
Then I’ll carry on too

Must I live to Sacrifice
When surrounded by Light

Into the darkness we will fly
(We will fly)
Soaring above the earth
(Believe)
(For the Night)

Believing ??? last night
Loving until the End
(Until the End)

We’ve fought evil and fiercest of foes

Man I can't wait for the full version of this song. Forget the haters

Top Bottom