• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Comrades: TGS 2017 Trailer

benzy

I'm not feeling those custom character models
I guess it shows that the player has a lot of control over how their characters look at least?

Needs some better outfits, but the actual models are pretty good.

2NR1pI.png

n8J0ma.png

BDNEXe.png

Elman

Looks like it could be fun, I'm hoping combat will feel more responsive than it does in single player.

Nobuo needs to retire.

Socivol

That'sbait.gif

I like "Too Much is Never Enough" a tiny bit more, but I like the song considerably more than Stormblood's theme. About even with "Dragonsong".

That would've been perfect and it should be the theme for the expansion since it's not even in the real game.

Terrible song choice and the running animation for that one guy just looked off. That being said looks good, didn't know this was gonna have story related to the main plot.

can someone tell me how I can get permissions to create threads? I have been a member for a few months. Do i have to request permission or is there a certain time period that I have to wait?

Also, I am not too excited for comrades but I do hope it exceeds my expectations since they are not that high. I am not being negative, just cautious.

What an awful song. "Answers" and "Distant Worlds" this is not. FF XV Universe lol. Can't even finish the story properly in the main game and yet somehow they have an entire game universe brand for it.

Those combat visuals look mighty nice though. Especially that shield ball thing.

can someone tell me how I can get permissions to create threads? I have been a member for a few months. Do i have to request permission or is there a certain time period that I have to wait?

Also, I am not too excited for comrades but I do hope it exceeds my expectations since they are not that high. I am not being negative, just cautious.

When you purchase a GAF Gold membership & become a Member you can make threads. ;)

I believe it's implied the planet the Lunarians in IV came from was Earth.
Wait whaaaaaaaa?!
You have to become a full fledged member to create threads. I believe the post count required is 300. Once you reach that then you can create threads and are no longer a laughingstock for being a Junior!

So just throw that caution in the wind (especially for this expansion) and post like crazy.

Mailbox

Juniors can't make threads, just keep posting until you become a member. iirc, its not based on time, its based on post count and some other stuff i don't remember.

Its fine to be cautious over anything 15 (this is coming from someone who likes 15).

I'm super debating getting this on launch, or after the pc version launches, because i think this could be a stellar coop experience w/ my friends.
I already know one of my bros is gonna buy 15 when it hits pc despite all the shit i give the game to him. :p

Edit: Nevermind, incorrect reply. Nothing to see here.

Dude, just post in more threads (mind, you should be on topic in threads as a rule).
No, Neogaf is F2P. Unless you try getting Gaf Gold of course, but thats for the special peeps.

I wonder if we'll get expansions for this expansion.
What an awful song. "Answers" and "Distant Worlds" this is not. FF XV Universe lol. Can't even finish the story properly in the main game and yet somehow they have an entire game universe brand for it.
I was wondering when this post would arrive.

Leunam

The song is awful but I'm really looking forward to this. Would be nice hunting down monsters without brain dead AI party members.

Byvar

Wow at all these people bashing the song. It's not that bad! I like it, though I don't love it like his other work. It sounds a lot like his themes for the FFXIV expansions, which were both single tracks for a game/scenario he likely didn't know that much about, like this one.

I wish they brought Uematsu back for the whole soundtrack rather than just the main theme though. His work is definitely better when he's doing full soundtracks. Terra Battle, FFXIV 1.0 and The Last Story (and in a few days Terra Battle 2) are enough to prove that he's still one of the best.

Toth

Also like how the new trailer has the call back to the demons flying in the sky scene from earlier FFXV trailers. No Red moon yet though!

Any idea how much content this is going to have and standalone cost to play it?

They state that you will be able to play as Prompto, Gladiolus, and Ignis in future updates, so it sounds like they have plans to add stuff to it after it launches. I don't think anyone can tell you how much content will be there. No one knows.

As for cost, you will need FFXV and subscription to whatever service your system requires for online play. The expansion itself can be acquired if you have a season pass (recommended) or standalone. I believe the standalone cost will be in the $10-$15 range.

Ruff

Everyone runs like that halfhearted jog i do when i'm about to miss the bus but I don't want people to laugh at me trying to sprint

Also like how the new trailer has the call back to the demons flying in the sky scene from earlier FFXV trailers. No Red moon yet though!

I liked that callback too. The music and trailer really blended together well and I look forward to some of the single-player missions inComrades as well. Should be good fun!

Toth

I liked that callback too. The music and trailer really blended together well and I look forward to some of the single-player missions inComrades as well. Should be good fun!

Also interesting that the character is standing in Angelgard watching those dragons. Hmmmmm....

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I believe it's implied the planet the Lunarians in IV came from was Earth.

Wait whaaaaaaaa?!

The Lunarians come from the Moon. Not Earth. FFIV's original English translation however does refer to the planet as Earth though. It also names Mars and references Jupiter as other planets in the solar system. I'm not sure if this is in the original Japanese. They're usually referred to as "The Blue Planet", "The Red Planet", and "The Great Behemoth".

Lookin' pretty good, especially the reworked magic system! Only thing it's missing is some kind of summoning system. I realize Noctis is probably the only one who should be wielding the big six, but I don't see any reason why the Glaives fighting against the daemons couldn't get some help from lesser spirits like Carbuncle.

Loved main game (70h played currently, still things to do) but didn't buy season pass. Now im tempted but its just few months before PC release... I hope they implemented this magic&combat system to main game. Not gonna happen.

The Lunarians come from the Moon. Not Earth. FFIV's original English translation however does refer to the planet as Earth though. It also names Mars and references Jupiter as other planets in the solar system. I'm not sure if this is in the original Japanese. They're usually referred to as "The Blue Planet", "The Red Planet", and "The Great Behemoth".
Man you'd think I'd remember all of this due to my love for anything FFIV related (except Kain) but I didn't!

Time to replay the game again!

Neiteio

Oh wow, this is set at the onset of the World of Ruin? That's actually really clever. Neat to see Cid, Iris, ect, too.

Top Bottom