• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Comrades: TGS 2017 Trailer

UrbanRats

Looks better than it has any right to be.
I'll wait for it on the PC version though (when that one is on sale, anyway).

This will be included, right?

Wonder if modders will have access to the multiplayer code on the PC version. I'd be curious to see the implications of this and allowing modders to create their own co-op campaigns or even adapt the base game for it.

aember

I read it so, yeah. It would be sold as part of season pass or stand-alone.
In fact the beta was a stand-alone installer.
Hm.. I thought it only had a stand-alone installer for the test and that stand-alone for the full release is supposed to be "get it for FFXV via Season Pass with all other DLC or buy it stand-alone (FFXV required) for this set price"

Ludens

Banned
Hm.. I thought it only had a stand-alone installer for the test and that stand-alone for the full release is supposed to be "get it for FFXV via Season Pass with all other DLC or buy it stand-alone (FFXV required) for this set price"

I doubt, since pretty much all dlcs being part of a season pass are also purchasabe singularly.

benzy

New press release info.

LOS ANGELES (Sept. 20, 2017) – For the first time, FINAL FANTASY® XV players will be able to create their own avatar and join up with three other friends to take on epic quests and battles in the game’s first and only online multiplayer expansion titled “Comrades.” Starting October 31, players will set foot as a survivor from Kingsglaive to find out more about the disappearance of Noctis after the events in Chapter 13 from the main game.

As members of Kingsglaive, players equip royal sigils that grant special powers from the Lucian bloodline. Players can then strategize and create a balanced team to take on a variety of quests. In addition to multiplayer quests, single player quests are also available for players to enhance their characters.

Set in a world engulfed by darkness, the expansion casts players as a member of the Kingsglaive, with powers and unique abilities invoked from various Lucian kings, who join forces to bring the Light back to the kingdom of Lucis. Other members of Noctis’s crew including Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis will be made playable in future game updates.

Really enjoyed the beta. Hope there's a good amount of content. Will certainly be interesting to see what people of Eos went through during Noctis' absence and check out the
World of Ruin of Eos as the world slowly decays and goes dark
. Wonder how much time it will cover and how much they will keep updating this after launch?

Arkeband

Banned
Haven't watched it yet, but now I'm curious about the song, lol.

The melody isn't horrible but it sounds like an alien listened to every Nobuo song and was like "I can make this!"

It's bad because it has a Japanese female singer singing unintelligible Engrish in a comically low register.

The melody isn't horrible but it sounds like an alien listened to every Nobuo song and was like "I can make this!"

It's bad because it has a Japanese female singer singing unintelligible Engrish in a comically low register.

It honestly sounds like a generic version of the XIV theme songs.

ultima786

Song was good. Seems like they are trying to go for a melancholy mood, with the King of Light being longed for...

This trailer makes me happy for many reasons, one of which is now we are more likely to have a really meaty ATR coming up in a few days, now that they already showed off the comrades trailer. Here's to hoping an episode Ignis trailer and new story cutscenes trailer, and confirmation for other episodes.

Koozek

KaKyHEV.gif

Eww, I hate this kind of cheesy vocal songs in JRPGs :D Only one I liked was FFX's.

It honestly sounds like a generic version of the XIV theme songs.
Those I find terrible too.

Koozek

Lol, and once again GAF hot takes proved to be hyperbolic as hell. Song is unremarkable, but it's not total fuego basura as some here made it seem; expected some Xenoblade X type of Engrish, and it sounds less cheesy and cringey to me than some of the FFXIV songs I heard, tbh. Unusual choice mood-wise, wouldn't have expected the trailer for Comrades to be like this.

Wish the main game got an overhaul of its magic system similar to this one here.
---

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/JmyYz50.png[/IMG]
https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/910378614230839298

Wish the main game got an overhaul of its magic system similar to this one here.
---

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/JmyYz50.png[/IMG]
https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/910378614230839298

Would have killed for a more robust magic system like this and something like this king system in the base game, too. The UI for choosing the kings looks attractively Final Fantasy to me, and the main game could have really used more interesting options.

So based on the extremely limited footage we've seen, I wonder what the odds are that ten year gap will actually just be the first year, so they don't have to age the models of any of the characters we actually wanted to see.

daveo42

Banned
World of Ruin as the backdrop for the MP is a super smart idea. That aspect alone makes me way more interested in this than I was before.

So based on the extremely limited footage we've seen, I wonder what the odds are that ten year gap will actually just be the first year, so they don't have to age the models of any of the characters we actually wanted to see.

Dammit you are probably right.

Arkeband

Banned
Lol, and once again GAF hot takes proved to be hyperbolic as hell. Song is unremarkable, but it's not total fuego basura as some here made it seem; expected some Xenoblade X type of Engrish, and it sounds less cheesy and cringey to me than some of the FFXIV songs I heard, tbh. Unusual choice mood-wise, wouldn't have expected the trailer for Comrades to be like this.

You blaspheme Answers, blasphemer?!

(The Stormblood song is unremarkable, I'll give you that)

Toth

Older versions of several characters do exist and others were created but never used (if those developer tidbits are to be believed). Earlier screenshots do show the world completely dark so it's certainly probable that quests progression = time progression.

Koozek

Pretty much expected that anyway. We see Iris too in this trailer and she's the same age still. Or maybe the DLC makes time jumps to illustrate the long struggle and they actually reuse scrapped models for Old Iris & Co. they cut from the final game during Chapter 14. The customized characters and NPCs would be easy to visually age anyway considering there already are settings for that in the character creator (that was really great even in the limited beta).

You blaspheme Answers, blasphemer?!

(The Stormblood song is unremarkable, I'll give you that)
Just can't stand the type of voice and Rock Ballad, or whatever you call that, style of singing like in Answers^^

Top Bottom