• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

TheYanger

Conversely, from my perspective, WQGF was pretty much the only thing that allowed me to do WQs as someone who plays on a PvP server heavily weighted to the other faction. I can do WQs in 30 seconds by myself when no one is around, 15 seconds with WQGF, or over 10 minutes getting repeatedly camped if it is an emissary area or somewhere on the Broken Shores. It is so ridiculously hard to do WQs on my server on my faction that I routinely use an alt on my 2nd account to invite my main to a PvE server to do the ends of invasions. This addon breaking will drastically decrease my enjoyment of Legion's content, and is making me heavily consider transferring to a PvE realm.

That said, it doesn't seem like this change should fully break any chance of WQGF working, is the addon author just being salty? Doesn't seem like it would be too much work to make a popup confirmation for a group being posted, or for requesting to join groups. Sure, it would be like 5 clicks when I enter an area instead of 1, but doesn't seem different from when they changed Auction House addons to require a confirmation per item bought, instead of automating buying multiple items at a time. Hopefully someone else decides to make an addon that works this way, since it would work perfectly fine for me and doesn't seem to be THAT much of a downgrade from how it worked before. 90% of the time I apply to 5 groups or less with WQGF anyway.

It exists, its just so much worse than WQGF. It opens a search with that quest, but you still have to click each group and click join, which is slow and a bit annoying. Kind of like buying multiple stacks from the Blood of Sargeras vendor before 7.2, it didn't take THAT much time, but moving your mouse between two things and clicking a bunch of times was a bit tedious. If everything was just in one spot it'd be a lot better.

You're never doing WQs 'on your server' anyway, the way their server/sharding tech works in Legion you're basically always cross realming.

Magnus

Sucks to hear WQGF is broken. Hoping something else springs up or Blizzard makes finding and joining groups easier.

If you're under 110 you don't get the ending portion, just the WQs (notice how you didn't get the 4 WQ meta quest when you entered the zone).

Also remember the quest in the north hidden under the invasion timer.

Thanks!

carlsojo

I know people are upset the addon doesn't work anymore, but I will say this is the longest I've played without any lag for quite a while... :/

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I only ever got any significant lag in Invasion Zones, when by nature, 'everyone' funnels into that one zone over every single server

And I'm pretty sure that was just Blizz's sharding tech leaving me 'dumped' on another server instead of returning me to mine after leaving a cross-server group that was contributing to lag on said servers.

v1perz53

You're never doing WQs 'on your server' anyway, the way their server/sharding tech works in Legion you're basically always cross realming.

Server, shard, whatever you want to call it, mine is heavily weighted towards the other faction. No amount of pedantry over the terminology changes the fact that when I go to do world quests, there is always a 10 to 1 horde to alliance ratio. And despite the "server/shard technology" existing, it isn't like blizzard tries to use it to balance factions, and the same group of servers always funnels into the same shards so the combined faction balance of those servers defines the balance of the shard. It isn't like a PvP shard just pulls players from any random PvP realm on NA, it is a specific subset.

Of course, all of this has nothing to do with the actual topic, and you can just swap the word "shard" with "server" in my first post and the issue is the same.

I know people are upset the addon doesn't work anymore, but I will say this is the longest I've played without any lag for quite a while... :/

Actually kinda funny, today is the first time I've done an invasion that I've gotten significant lag, the whole time was full of rubber banding and other issues. I actually used to use WQGF to escape lag, when my server was laggy I would hop to another to do a WQ and it would keep me there until I left the zone, frequently giving me better ping.

v1perz53 plays on Tichondrius NA as an Alli, there's literally four or five times more Horde players on that server. I group up with a friend from work who also happens to play on Tich, I play on Proudmoore. I invite my buddy to groups just so he can do things like complete invasions, do world quests or turn in at a WQ or invasion hub and not instantly die. But because cross-realm grouping is weird, sometimes I end up on Tich even though I'm leading the party and as a non-tank, I die almost instantly in certain areas on the Broken Isle.

Legion's design amplifies how fucking awful world PVP is because the expansion was seemingly designed entirely within the vacuum of PVE. Vladisdal or any major hub where you have to go to turn in Emissary Quests should be Sanctuary but they aren't. Because there's been no concern with balancing the factions on a given server over time, it makes doing even the most basic things almost impossible. It's even sketchy when trying to make or join PUGS for Mythic+ or Raids. I've never been more thankful for Summon Stones and Warlocks.

My buddy just shrugs and says sometimes it's annoying but PVP is all he knows and he's been playing off and on since The Burning Crusade on Tichondrius. To me it's oppressive, even if world PVP was something I was into when i first started playing I would just straight move to a PVE server after dealing with the fits and spurts of time I've spent on Tich as an Alli.

It's brutal.

Lain

Some story resolutions this expansion leave a lot to be desired for me. I've completed the Suramar quests on my hunter and got my mount, but I was left with the question of what happened to Lyleth. I don't remember it spelled out that she was dead or what.
What about Elisande, is she dead? She talks about helping us with Gul'Dan after we beat her but she isn't really mentioned much afterward.
The whole thing with Sylvanas too is just left out there. I thought something would have come out during the Trial of Valor fight with Helya but obviously nothing of the sort is there.

Couleurs

Aaaand WQGF is back; just updated on Curse.

uQwKgJ7.gif

Haven't had a chance to mess with it much, but it worked great on the first WQ I tried it with. I'm sure there are bugs to be worked out, but it's already better than the default menu.

Lain

After the short experience with the latest broken shore buff, I finally decided to sit down and let my alchemist alt learn the living steel transmute to make my own Sky Golem. I had 61 power sources set aside for years, plus 200 spirit of harmony and 108 trillium bars. Blew everything on the transmute and now I can grab herbs like a pro just as every other herbalist out there.

vocab

Some story resolutions this expansion leave a lot to be desired for me. I've completed the Suramar quests on my hunter and got my mount, but I was left with the question of what happened to Lyleth. I don't remember it spelled out that she was dead or what.
What about Elisande, is she dead? She talks about helping us with Gul'Dan after we beat her but she isn't really mentioned much afterward.
The whole thing with Sylvanas too is just left out there. I thought something would have come out during the Trial of Valor fight with Helya but obviously nothing of the sort is there.

Lyleth got taken to the nighthold. You free her outside Tich's room.
Elisande is dead.
The rest got nothing.

Xando

uQwKgJ7.gif

Haven't had a chance to mess with it much, but it worked great on the first WQ I tried it with. I'm sure there are bugs to be worked out, but it's already better than the default menu.

Thank god

Can't be arsed to do WQ without it

v1perz53

Awesome, this is literally all I asked for and it works perfectly now after the fix. And it remains WAY faster than the default WoW way, which is all I needed.

mclem

Elisande is dead.

What does 'dead' mean in this context? She seems quite chatty as a ghost, so she seems to exist in spirit form in some sense - and in spirit form in a way that means she can 'throw her lot in with us', which implies that she still has some form of agency.

Zelias

Banned

uQwKgJ7.gif

Beyond the additional couple of clicks it seems even easier for me to find groups now. Glad it got fixed - seems like the dev misinterpreted Blizzard's statement and thought they had killed the entire addon.

Nokterian

uQwKgJ7.gif

Yeah glad it is back, one of the reasons that WQ are easier to do with this.

One of the things I learned from this change is that there's a weirdly prevalent scornful attitude toward people who use this addon. I've seen countless variations across multiple sites, social media and in-game messages along the lines of "leeching scum are just upset they actually have to play the game."

I shouldn't be surprised. It's the same general idea of people who view auction house or boss addons as cheating.

WQGF keeps me more engaged with the game. It makes WQs more attractive, especially ones with inadequate spawns or ones I know will be a WPvP nightmare. The alternative to not having it isn't me having to do them myself, it's just me playing less.

Lain

One of the things I learned from this change is that there's a weirdly prevalent scornful attitude toward people who use this addon. I've seen countless variations across multiple sites, social media and in-game messages along the lines of "leeching scum are just upset they actually have to play the game."

I shouldn't be surprised. It's the same general idea of people who view auction house or boss addons as cheating.

WQGF keeps me more engaged with the game. It makes WQs more attractive, especially ones with inadequate spawns or ones I know will be a WPvP nightmare. The alternative to not having it isn't me having to do them myself, it's just me playing less.

Weird attitude. I don't use the addon (though I always think about getting it) but anything that adds to the lackluster implementation of features from Blizzard is always a plus, to me.

There's some nice changes coming for Beast Mastery in 7.2.5 I'm glad they're working on improving Hati's mobility.

????? I thought first of May was coming, not first of April. I can't believe they came to their senses about the Wild Call change and are even putting the 2 charges Dire Frenzy/Dire Beast baseline. Like... is this real life?!

mclem

I'd *hope* that's targetted just at the people who join it in a zone and then wait rather than actually working towards the goal - which I think it's reasonable to criticise - but I suspect it's not knowing how some people react to these things...

What does 'dead' mean in this context? She seems quite chatty as a ghost, so she seems to exist in spirit form in some sense - and in spirit form in a way that means she can 'throw her lot in with us', which implies that she still has some form of agency.

Elisande in our timeline/reality is dead. The one that speaks to you through the Nightwell is an Elisande from another timeline/reality. In the RP at start of the encounter in the Nighthold, Elisande goes on (and on and on) about how she has peered through the Nightwell to every possible timeline and how in each one the outcome was the same, the Burning Legion always wins. The Elisande in our timeline/reality saw no hope or possibility of defeating the Burning Legion, the only way to ensure that some of her people survived and maintained access to the Nightwell was to side with the Legion. Our timeline/reality is different, it seems. Victory against the Legion isn't certain but there is the possibility. The player characters cause "time to swirl around in fits and eddies, nothing is certain" to loosely paraphrase.

The Elisande that speaks to the players is from another timeline, doing exactly what our Elisande was doing, using the Nightwell to search through time and space for any and all possibilities. Seeing that there possibly is one reality, one timeline where the Legion's victory isn't assured. That's why she throws our lot in with us.

v1perz53

Fucking done with this shit finally.

Grats! I can join the "fucking never have to do Kruul again" club officially now too!

God, I was starting to think it wasn't gonna happen today, had 3 sub 1% wipes, but I finally got one attempt where no RNG BS happened that fucking killed me. Very glad to never have to do that again.

E: I was 901 ilvl without Luffa or Ekowraith (the Guardian legendaries that make this SO much easier) so it was tough as nails, feels good to be done with it.

Ran Nighthold in Raid Finder so I could quickly kill Elisande and get a tailoring legendary quest completed, got a Raidfinder Titanforged ilvl 900 Mantle of Everburning Knowledge off of Tich which was both surprising and an upgrade for me. Farming Nethershards for a Relic on The Broken Shore, turned in some Legionfall warsupplies and got Belo'vir's Final Stand from a reward chest. My third Legendary, and all of them have been from completely unassuming, random things. Definitely won't be something I use regularly, I lose so much crit because I lose two sockets, but it is half of the leggo set I need to attempt the Artifact Challenge.

Titan Forging is kind of dumb, I've been running mythic+ and pugging normal and some heroic raids and I get better shoulders from the raid finder.

Nokterian

Playing my Druid again..they changed a lot with Guardian druid? I mean i do great damage in solo also i am really amazed by it also lots more fun and engaging with my abilities. Will be playing this for a long time now saw that i did more with this character in terms of the open up flying i will do this to complete it, as in i need to do damn reputation and still finish suramar.

Playing my Druid again..they changed a lot with Guardian druid? I mean i do great damage in solo also i am really amazed by it also lots more fun and engaging with my abilities. Will be playing this for a long time now saw that i did more with this character in terms of the open up flying i will do this to complete it, as in i need to do damn reputation and still finish suramar.

More guardian druid changes on the ptr right now, fyi. Our dps needs a boost to compete with the other tanking classes and that looks like it is being addressed. Guardian is my main spec, but balance is a close second. Druid flight and overall utility for solo and grouping make it one, if not the best class in the game. As a NE druid, shadowmeld is a get out of jail free card that I use constantly in solo PvE.

v1perz53

Dunno if its just my character getting stronger or different build or 7.2 changes or what, but Skittish has gone from the worst affix where I would refuse to pug anything past 6 and in my main runs had to have a pot up at all times, to utterly inconsequential where doing my normal rotation I never lose aggro no matter what I do. I know they nerfed it from 90% to 85% or whatever, but it certainly feels way easier than a 5% reduction would imply.

Bursting, on the other hand, is interesting. I like it in most cases, finally another affix that is completely on the DPS to handle instead of always being tank or healer mechanics, and the DPS has to move out of bad ground effects only. Though it has some really weird interplay, such that certain packs are just awful, if they have more than 7 mobs the DoT does more than your max HP, so the oozes before Dresdaron in DHT for example are a bit of a pain. Also has the weird side effect of being harder in lower keys than higher ones, since you are more likely to quickly kill things by accident before the debuff wears off and refresh it. Still though, I like it overall, doesn't feel broken but still some thought to it.

Nokterian

More guardian druid changes on the ptr right now, fyi. Our dps needs a boost to compete with the other tanking classes and that looks like it is being addressed. Guardian is my main spec, but balance is a close second. Druid flight and overall utility for solo and grouping make it one, if not the best class in the game. As a NE druid, shadowmeld is a get out of jail free card that I use constantly in solo PvE.

I will change from Worgen to NE next month. So more damage in 7.2.5? That is good news.

TheYanger

What? The guardian druid is the highest dps tank. Has been since they nerfed warriors.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#boss=1842&class=Tanks

Even single target bosses our druid does like 500k dps. aoe? forget it. He'll beat everyone in an M+

v1perz53

What? The guardian druid is the highest dps tank. Has been since they nerfed warriors.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#boss=1842&class=Tanks

Even single target bosses our druid does like 500k dps. aoe? forget it. He'll beat everyone in an M+

Its legendary and relic dependent but yea. Blizzard for some reason decided to put all their eggs in the Thrash basket, and we have a trait that each point increases its damage by TEN PERCENT. So with 3 Thrash relics, that is a 70% increase on our hardest hitting AoE ability that also does good ST damage. Then the new gold gives you a 15% chance to cast another Thrash when you Thrash, further increasing the damage. And ON TOP of that, there is one legendary that increases the damage by ANOTHER 25%, and another legendary that allows the DoT to stack 2 more times. You put all this together and our AoE ability is also our hardest hitting ST ability and you do crazy damage. If you have none of these things your damage is pretty average though (not bad, just average), since a lot of people don't realize that based on math an 865 Thrash relic is a ST DPS increase over a 910 non-thrash relic (and a DPS increase over a 925 relic if you have Luffa Wrappings). Which is super stupid to me, and I hope that Jagged Claws trait gets nerfed and the damage bonus rolled into Thrash baseline, the relics are way too mandatory and it isn't fun. None of that is even mentioning Catweaving, which can get you even more DPS in raids when you aren't tanking 100% of the time.

Holy crap the balance of power questline is long and involved. I wish more of the quest chain was possible to complete in M+ because it's easier to get into M+ runs than it is M0.

Mupod

We got M Krosus down last night, had a bunch of 2% close calls until the officers handed me a vantus rune, lol. I forgot those existed.

I bonus rolled a 910 Might of Krosus...uhh...thanks, I guess. Maybe I can use it for tanking mythic+ but my 895 ravaged seed pod and 900 terrorbound nexus are pretty good for that already. Terrorbound nexus is nuts, it's like 20% of my dps as a blood DK.

Jag

Holy crap the balance of power questline is long and involved. I wish more of the quest chain was possible to complete in M+ because it's easier to get into M+ runs than it is M0.

There are a bunch of these questlines that require specific difficulty levels which I find really annoying.

There are a bunch of these questlines that require specific difficulty levels which I find really annoying.

The raid stuff is okay because it's just Normal or higher, which makes those quests really easy to complete. It's the dungeon quests which specifically require Mythic0 that are problematic. If you can't loot a boss, you can't complete the quest. I just wish they'd push the lootable geegaw up to the one chest you're guaranteed to get at the end of a Mythic+ run.

Faiz

Friend has finished the Mage Tower challenge on two characters, just over 900 ilvl on each. Insists he could have done it at 885-890.

Of course he DIDN'T so he can drop that line now :/.

While Legion Profession questing is pretty much garbo, I've reached the point in Legion Tailoring where I can pump out Imbued Silkweave bags faster than my garrison can churn out Hexweave Bags. I amass over 1k worth of Silkweave every two or three days without trying to actively farm it. With the brunt of the mats coming from the shoulder enchant.

WoD professions and garrisons are still cheaper and faster for power-leveling 1-700 than Legion professions but it's nice not being constrained to the WoD drip-feed of resources in Legion profs later in the end-game.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums but have been reading this forum for a long long time so it's great to finally be able to post here! I used to be an avid WoW player and stopped playing a long time ago. When Legion released I got back into it for a month of two, then had to drop it due to PC troubles. Now I know in the last few months there have been a lot of changes I assume?

My main character is lvl 110, and I barely have any money to my name. I'm pretty sure I'll be wayy behind in Artifact power as well. My iLVL would probably be around 815 or something I got no clue.

So my question is, is it worth it to start playing again? I'm on Eu-Horde-Terenas if that matters :). Maybe I can group with some ppl from here?

Thanks a lot everyone!

I've undergone the right of passage of being a warrior in Legion by having the drop from Skyhold fail, the game disconnects and when I re-log I'm in Azsuna.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums but have been reading this forum for a long long time so it's great to finally be able to post here! I used to be an avid WoW player and stopped playing a long time ago. When Legion released I got back into it for a month of two, then had to drop it due to PC troubles. Now I know in the last few months there have been a lot of changes I assume?

My main character is lvl 110, and I barely have any money to my name. I'm pretty sure I'll be wayy behind in Artifact power as well. My iLVL would probably be around 815 or something I got no clue.

So my question is, is it worth it to start playing again? I'm on Eu-Horde-Terenas if that matters :). Maybe I can group with some ppl from here?

Thanks a lot everyone!

If you just play the game in current content on a 110, you'll earn 2-5k a day from doing the bare minimum WQ's and whatever other quests you have. Suramar, dungeons, professions, Broken Shore whatever. Earning gold isn't really a problem in Legion if you just play.

As far as catch up goes for AK/AP or gear, it's pretty easy. You can farm Nethershards to buy tokens on the broken shore for 850 and 880 gear (500 and 5000 respectively), that includes relics and trinkets. I've gotten a 900ilvl titan forged relic from the Relinquished Vendor (5000 nethershard tokens). Broken Shore Rares can also drop 850 gear tokens, gearing won't be a problem. AP/AK is like gold, simply play and you'll earn it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yay, nerfs.

dxjSNC1.png

We've gotten Elisande to 30ish % a few times on phase 3, so hopefully with these changes, we will get a kill this week.

TheYanger

That'll make those two bosses jokes for sure. The only truly hard parts of those are the dps checks to make the rest super easy.

Got my last legendary today for my main spec. Feelsgood.

Top Bottom