• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hueytothe

CPT EU confirmations:

Sonic Boom (Madrid) - Ranking
Ultimate Fighting Arena (Paris) - Premiere
Hypespotting (Glasgow) - Ranking
Colosseum (Rome) - Ranking
FFM Rumble (Hamburg?) - Ranking

Going to be very tough for me to make it to that Premiere event. Hypespotting is a lock, maybe FFM Rumble.
You ready to unleash all that Birdie tech

mitchlol

Zangief colour 15 for me is my go to. The old man look is legit, I have the christmas and randy savage costumes but old man gief is too good.

I guess Mika is finally setting into my muscle memory. Been using pretty much just her for 3 weeks now. 2 days ago i was still at about 30-50% win ratio each day. Yesterday i faired a bit better at about 60% then today i pretty much cleaned house. Won every set and only lost 2 matches. Felt great. Watching replays i can see how im hitting combos and follow ups way better and not hitting the wrong button all the time.

Still make plenty of mistakes but its nice that i am getting to how i was with guile where i can concentrate less on how to do moves and more on how to react to my opponent. When you hit back with one of Mikas VT combos its so damn fun.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I would say that increasing the presence of character diversity is a more valuable kind of heterogeneity over character differentiation. One reason I strongly disliked SFIV was the prevalence of invincible moves; I prefer their absence, and I'm skeptical that a game can be balanced when only a few characters have the ability - how do you measure the value of an invincible dragon punch? How much should a character sacrifice in other areas to have it?

Imo at the very least if a character has a 3 -5 frame invincible reversal, they shouldn't have a 3 frame normal or an anti air normal. Maybe ..maaybe a mandatory 3 bar v trigger.

If they want more defence options maybe v-reversal needs more work. I use it a fair bit in its current state but maybe it could be tweaked more.

Edzi

If they want more defence options maybe v-reversal needs more work. I use it a fair bit in its current state but maybe it could be tweaked more.

V-reversals are pretty bad currently. They nerfed a good chunk of them, so they're only useful against really slow moves.

Maybe just make them into Bursts/Roman Cancels.

Chun's lightning legs returning to mash is ruining my game.
Ashamedly I still mash the buttons during combos as my timing is so bad and I keep getting legs when I don't mean to now.

How does casual matchmaking work, does it pit you against people in your LP bracket like ranked?
I'm getting nothing but gold players over and over.
Trying to win 10 matches to get the FM but it's a lost cause.
Where the silvers at in casual??

It seems to be the one change that is overwhelmingly disliked. We shall see soon enough I guess.
There is no way this is true haha. There are quite a few Ryu and Ken players, but they barely make up 1/4th of the playerbase at best. Truth is most of the playerbase did not like having to deal with free meterless reversals. If you want to talk about unpopular universal changes talk about v-reversal nerfs or the white life nerf. Now those two right there are dumb.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
There is no way this is true haha. There are quite a few Ryu and Ken players, but they barely make up 1/4th of the playerbase at best. Truth is most of the playerbase did not like having to deal with free meterless reversals. If you want to talk about unpopular universal changes talk about v-reversal nerfs or the white life nerf. Now those two right there are dumb.

Plenty of people who don't play dp characters have said they didn't like the dp nerf.

Edzi

When Smug wins, I want him to pull a Wolfkrone and wipe his hands CLEAN.

EDIT: KBrad speaking truth, this game is all offense.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Smug should be throwing out an ex dash low every now and then. K Brad is waaay too comfortable walking forward.

Sigmaah

Ima trust Japan when it comes to who's top tier or not, y'all remember when we thought wesker was OD but they were like nah Vergil?

I sure do!

New002

Kbrad stop waking up ex dping man you are dropping matches

Edit: Kbrad losing the cleanness

Bring that shit back fam

MFW when Kbrad wake-up ex dps

image.php

To be fair to KBrad, Smug is ridiculous. His reactions are crazy, even in 4.

And KBrad losing that confidence that allowed him to keep Smug from doing whatever he wanted.

Last match :(

Yo the spontaneous post match interviews were great lmao. We need more of that in the FGC. Lets see yalls personalities, and some have some fun haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom