• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

TheGrizz

I've been holding off on buying this for the longest time becuase I felt this is the perfect game to have portability with. Looking forward to diving into this tonight (once I get all the kids to bed :) ).

John Dunbar

correct about everything
bought it, god the switch download is slow.

i hope it lives up to my memories of harvest moon gb. some of the finest gaming moments i've had.

Arturo

But why :(

Anyone willing to help out? :&

They don’t allow CCs or PayPal payments from countries different to the Nintendo account’s one. So, if you set the Nintendo account to Mexico and try to pay with an EU credit card, it’s a no go.

I'm in Canada, what's the easiest way to grab this early from the Europe eShop? Just change regions on my Switch or create a European account?

Mr. Hyde

Woo I am excited to play this tonight! Six hour shift at work, Blade Runner at 7 and then Stardew Valley after I spend some time with the wife before she goes to sleep. I own it on two other platforms yet I haven't touched it because I discovered they were making it on the Switch.

Bought, downloading now.

Got tomorrow off, so a 3 day weekend of Stardew and Splatfest is about to begin.

Last time I played anything like this was Harvest Moon DS, it was bundled with my DS Lite and quickly became a favorite of mine.

Hope this lives up to my hopes.

Scrawnton

I've been waiting for this game for so long. I am so excited to play it today. It was so hard to resist the steam and PS4 version for this long just so I can experience it fresh on Switch as a tv and handheld game...

c1d

There is none, I believe. The coop patch is coming in 2018.
Yep, but don't hold your breath. PC beta co-op testing will start in 2018 with PC co-op being rolled out after that and then a multiplayer patch for the switch version (and then PS4/XB1)

Kemal86

Can someone that already tried the game tell me how local coop work in this game?

Thanks!

There is no multiplayer at this time.

Co-op is coming later. First on PC, then on Switch, then everywhere else.

Co-op will be *online only*, not local.

Mikke

Coming from the PC version, the controls take some getting used to. They seem fine though.

The time it takes to save between days is pretty awful (around 20 secs every time). Other than that, I'm happy so far! Hearing that music brought back some good memories (been a while since I last played this game).

This wait is killing me. I was interested in getting it on PC but when I heard about the Switch version I decided to hold off.

Nice OT! first time playing SV been holding off for the Switch version. Should i say goodbye to the little bit of free time I have?

I played on PC for about 2 in-game days after I got it in a Humble Bundle. Then I heard it was coming to Switch and stopped playing. It's so perfect for a portable game, I wanted to wait to play it the way it felt like it was meant to be played. So glad the wait is about to end and I can get my harvesting on.

Pastry

Banned
I’m home from work with a cold today so perfect timing with this game coming out. Going in relatively blind.

Branson

Hmm. So the saving takes longer? I didn’t think there would be any differences on this game vs pc but I guess just like Sonic Mania and the slowdown with the Switch version(Minor) vs the other versions I’m just surprised there’s a difference at all. I wonder if there are any other things like that.

Hmm. So the saving takes longer? I didn’t think there would be any differences on this game vs pc but I guess just like Sonic Mania and the slowdown with the Switch version(Minor) vs the other versions I’m just surprised there’s a difference at all. I wonder if there are any other differences.

Saving is very very slow, I didn't even notice it on pc, on this it takes around 30seconds which feels like forever when you are playing.

Not noticed any other problems with the game compared to pc (on day 5)

Shahadan

I think I remember reading save times were long on ps4 as well? I guess console saves are handled differently than PC

Dunkley

Can someone that already tried the game tell me how local coop work in this game?

Thanks!

Coop is not out yet, and there is no splitscreen multiplayer, only online.

Once it is it will work kinda like sharing an Animal Crossing save. Players can be invited to your town and will have their own house on the farm alongside yours (just like Animal Crossing New Leaf has additional players building a house in the town).

Joining players can marry and have children just like the host can. The host gets to decide when to start and end festivals, when the day ends and if you choose to side with the town or JoJa.

When any of joining players aren't online, the host will be able to access their inventory from a chest located inside their house.

No info yet if they all share their money with eachother like the multiplayer mod does on PC, but I assume they either will or all income for the day is divided equally between the players.

Chopper

Hmm. So the saving takes longer? I didn’t think there would be any differences on this game vs pc but I guess just like Sonic Mania and the slowdown with the Switch version(Minor) vs the other versions I’m just surprised there’s a difference at all. I wonder if there are any other things like that.
Saving takes a while, but no longer than on PS4, as far as I can tell.

febLey

I think I've found a bug, the background music makes crackling sounds when playing. My Switch is connected to my Sony TV and my Soundbar is connected via Optical to the TV. Does someone have a similar problem?

I think I've found a bug, the background music makes crackling sounds when playing. My Switch is connected to my Sony TV and my Soundbar is connected via Optical to the TV. Does someone have a similar problem?

I hope not! I have a Sony TV and Optical sound bar but I won't be home to test till after work :/

Top Bottom