• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

See you on the other side, GAF
DLXnQMKVAAA8upw.jpg

Lutherian

Dear FrenchGAFFers,

It appears that Stardew Valley on Switch have a lot of language, but... not french ? The eShop page mentions Japanese, Russian, English, German, Spanish... but no french (would be great if french is available 'cause I have some friends who would love to buy it) ?

Shahadan

Dear FrenchGAFFers,

It appears that Stardew Valley on Switch have a lot of language, but... not french ? The eShop page mentions Japanese, Russian, English, German, Spanish... but no french (would be great if french is available 'cause I have some friends who would love to buy it) ?

I don't even think the steam version has one (there is a fan made one there though) so no.
Kinda strange since there are basically every other language, lol

Edit: well no italian either

Lutherian

I don't even think the steam version has one (there is a fan made one there though) so no.
Kinda strange since there are basically every other language, lol

Edit: well no italian either

Ok, thanks :).

I just checked the official Nintendo eShop page of the game (my Switch is waiting at home) and french isn't included too. Well, my guess they might do it in a near future (the game is also available in Chinese).

funo

Ok, thanks :).

I just checked the official Nintendo eShop page of the game (my Switch is waiting at home) and it french isn't included too. Well, my guess they might do it in a near future (the game is also available in Chinese).

Translating the game is a pain in the ass because until some months ago all the dialogue and text was hardcoded into the game. It took a lot of time to change that and extract all the strings into translatable and easily interchangeable files.
They've added languages on a monthly basis and I am somewhat sure Italian and French will be added sooner or later (no guarantee)

RulkezX

What's the cheapest eshop region to buy from now ?

Was South Africa when I bought Splatoon. Is this still the case ?

Lutherian

WE NEED THEMES!!!!

AND FOLDERS

BOTH ! ^o^

Translating the game is a pain in the ass because until some months ago all the dialogue and text was hardcoded into the game. It took a lot of time to change that and extract all the strings into translatable and easily interchangeable files.
They've added languages on a monthly basis and I am somewhat sure Italian and French will be added sooner or later (no guarantee)

I hope too :).

seady

WE NEED THEMES!!!!

I am all welcome themes - only if it doesn’t slow down the system in any way. My favorite thing about the Switch is how quick it is to jump to news to eShop to boot up any games to checking out who is online and what they are playing. If it is slow like the Wii U or 3DS I wouldn’t bother clicking any of them.

Zafir

Grabbed it and downloading. I've still got to finish up Golf Story though...

Everytime it's the same thing, I still don't understand why you guys don't bother switching countries or having another account set to EU

Not as simple as that, to be fair, not all debit/credit cards seem to work cross region (regions being Americas, PAL-land and Asia). So you'd have to figure out a way to pay. :p

Lylo

Everytime it's the same thing, I still don't understand why you guys don't bother switching countries or having another account set to EU

Well, i do have accounts in multiple locations, but i have enough credits to buy the game in the US account, i'll wait this time.

Shahadan

Grabbed it and downloading. I've still got to finish up Golf Story though...

Not as simple as that, to be fair, not all debit/credit cards seem to work cross region (regions being Americas, PAL-land and Asia). So you'd have to figure out a way to pay. :p

True but I thought some people had different levels of success depending of the country. Maybe I'm wrong though. I understand not wanting to bother with eshop cards though, even if it's doable :p

Lutherian

Downloading... (France).

Now I have to wait for my Multiverse Edition of Axiom Verge. November can't come soon enough (almost bought it on eShop...) !

Zafir

True but I thought some people had different levels of success depending of the country. Maybe I'm wrong though. I understand not wanting to bother with eshop cards though, even if it's doable :p

It seems to depend really. I can't use my UK debit or credit card(or Revolut for that matter) on the American and Asian stores. With that in mind I tend not to bother with any stores from those regions outside of US and JP, since US and Japanese eshop credit tends to be relatively easy to acquire.

Top Bottom