• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Fliesen

Thanks for the replies! Great news for me. Hope the adoption thing is in the base game too.

definitely in the game.

Also, divorce.

Also, you can kinda be 'dating' multiple people, and unless you're married to one of them, the others don't really mind. (as in - you won't lose relationship points with person A, if you choose to enter 'relationship-level' friendship with person B, unless you were already married to person A"

The options are really quite extensive.
Don't even get me started on the intricacies of children - like (not explcit, through game mechanics, not story) abortions...

HenryEen

Banned
There is a ton of charm, character interaction in Stardew as well. You'll be able to develop friendships with everyone and that's a lot of fun as well. The feel is very similar in that regard.

I think you'll love it!

Thank you ! I know that people saying that the farming simulation part of Stardew is superior than HM/SoS, but relationship/friendship part of the HM series is what makes me loves the genre.

Now, time to start saving for Switch :(

KJ869

As much as I want thumper I do want story.
So I'm down to golf story or thimbleweed

Unrelated side note.
How are Voez and deemo

Voez is supprisingly great, Deemo seemed more meh, havent played trough but just last night hunted more info on it. I would recomend trying VOEZ and then surviving on it easily to november when Superbeat: Xonic gets its Switch release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUEyq604o8Q Im glad I can get replacement controllers for switch. Superbeat killed my vita sticks.buttons.

Gonna buck the trend here and say Thimbleweed. it's great, and needs the sales.

Seconded—it's my pick in there as well, and it's really been crowded out in this ludicrously busy span for the Switch. On one hand I don't know if it's great for a flight because you'll want to suspend it and put it down from time to time to think about a puzzle away from the screen if you are momentarily stumped. On the other hand, it's perfect for a flight, because: no succumbing to temptation to check the Internet for hints. (There is an excellent hint feature built into the game anyway, for the impatient, that trickles out one suggestion at a time to tug your thinking in the right direction without outright giving you the answer unless you really, really want it now.)

Kosen

Neo Member

Unrelated side note.
How are Voez and deemo
I loved Deemo on my tablet (it's free to start there so you can try for yourself), i liked most of the songs from the "vanilla" packs and the story is pretty moving. Don't know about Voez.

Rosur2a

I just brought Steam world Dig 2 do I buy this version of Stardew at £10.99 its tempting or wait until I get through steam world?

Folks who are getting their hands on Stardew as soon as it launches, one thing I'd like to ask: once you've expanded your backpack, check to see if ZL/ZR do anything. I heard somewhere that the console versions have an undocumented button assignment that lets you switch between the different rows in your inventory, and if this is true, it single-handedly solves my biggest concern with the lack of a touch interface (quick access to inventory items not on your main toolbar).

funo

I just brought Steam world Dig 2 do I buy this version of Stardew at £10.99 its tempting or wait until I get through steam world?

Steamworld is ~8-10 hours (if you 100% it)
Stardew is 50+ hours.

Just finished Steamworld, go for it, it's amazing (and you'll already practice your shoveling skills for Stardew)

Fliesen

Unrelated side note.
How are Voez and deemo

as much as i enjoyed golf story, the story is just a play on a lot of tropes, jokes, and insufferable characters. Don't get golf story for the 'story' part. All the characters are very one-dimensional.

I would actually argue that Stardew Valley has much more story, much more interesting character development and back stories than Golf Story.

jariw

You can alternate between the games. Steamworld Dig 2 saves just about anywhere, and I'm pretty sure Stardew Valley does as well.

dl77

Got this on PS4 but never really got started on it. Probably pick this up on Switch as it's easier to find spells where I can just pick up on play.

Good to see the Switch finally picking up some strong momentum with releases. I'm getting this, already got Golf Story and Steamworld Dig 2 and will probably pick up Thimbleweed park in the next few weeks. Then of course there's Mario at the end of the month.

Blues1990

I’m looking forward to create a jam/brewery farm when I get this game tomorrow. In real life, I always wanted to create a blueberry farm, so experimenting the idea sounds like fun to me.

That, & blueberry honey is super delicious, & I hope to have a bee farm (if the game allows me to).

So, no touch controls? Anyone?

Everyone in the press who received the game early is saying no touch controls, which is why I'm waiting to hear about whether quickly switching your toolbar to different rows of your inventory (presumably on ZL/ZR) is in. From what I've read, this is an undocumented feature in the controller setup for other platforms, and it would go a long, long way towards closing the gap with what touch controls could do. (Though I'd still like touch controls to be introduced eventually.)

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I’m looking forward to create a jam/brewery farm when I get this game tomorrow. In real life, I always wanted to create a blueberry farm, so experimenting the idea sounds like fun to me.

That, & blueberry honey is super delicious, & I hope to have a bee farm (if the game allows me to).

You can have a bee farm.

Weils

Neo Member
No one should be without this guidebook from Fangamer either:

https://www.fangamer.com/products/stardew-valley-guidebook

It's easier to use an online wiki for stuff, but it is still a very high-quality book full of small details that SDV fans will appreciate. The art in it is so adorable too. Worth every penny.

And oh yeah... <3 Emily & Abigail.

Oh thank you so much! I have never heard of this guidebook and I have decided to give Stardew Valley a try after seeing the positive reviews. This will be a great reference I can consult while playing the game. PS: just realized this book is not sold in my country.

Duffk1ng

Golf Story. It's fantastic A well-written game, that's mechanically sound, with good music. Every Golf Story sale might push Nintendo to try going back to Mario Golf's RPG roots. It's probably one of my favorite games of the year.

I'd replace Axiom Verge with Steam World Dig 2. It's a much better game.

Axiom Verge is great*

*if you stop when you reach Edin and pretend you've finished the game rather than suffer through the game's dreadful final third

Bliddo

I played a couple of in game years on PS4 this January. Does the switch version have something extra or is it the same version?

R0ckman

Kinda wish they would have added more marriage options to encourage a rebuy. Not sure I'll double dip since it has no mod ability.

No touch controls is disappointing and a missed opportunity, but im still going to buy it as soon as im back from work.

I love that game and i love my switch.
Something wonderful is going to happen today. ;)

Top Bottom