• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hype x1000 - Wii Shop and DSi Shop down (update imminent?)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Just tried downloading the Katamari Puzzle game for DSi and got a screen full of Japanese so I assume the store down, boot up the Wii and that store is down.

Down 5 hours before Iwata goes up on stage? Coincidence? I don’t think so!

SD Solution? Handheld VC? Nothing?

Yes Boss!

Five-and-a-half hours, yo!

Also Vook,

Since you are here, I've got a DSi Lime arriving on Friday and was wondering if that comes with free points? Didn't yours come with some, I seem to recall?

VOOK

Yes Boss! said:
Five-and-a-half hours, yo!

I'm gonna need a shit load of coffee, and sugar to keep me up.

Iwata, if you're reading this (and I know you are) just PM me your script so I can sleep. Ta

wsippel

Banned
I believe Nintendo talked about a new store interface at last years GDC. Something that's faster and more intuitive. Maybe that will finally launch.

VOOK, I want to believe again, but I think this will just be something dumb -- like an update to enable their Mainichi Issho type Mii game thing. Maybe it'll have the bonus functionality of killing homebrew or something as well.

Ahhh screw it... WiiWare MEGATON incoming!!1!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Actually I think it could be something major, it would have been warned about if it was simply maintenance.

Downloading to SD Card option maybe?

Just wanted to say that I think it'll be the Wii Storage Solution. For obvious reasons (on ipod touch so I do not feel like listing them)

Hope im right because I need it! *continously checks firmware update* :D

VOOK

About 10 mins ago I could check for firmware updates (and not get on the store) now I can't do either.

?!??

Mik2121

I would not expect anything big seriously. Btw, for the DSi Shop, when are they uploading "kuukiyomi"? That's the only thing that kinda interests me.. though I don't have a DSi :(

HylianTom

Banned
VOOK said:
I'm gonna need a shit load of coffee, and sugar to keep me up.

Same here. I've been up all night at work; this is the equivalent of my Friday night..

Now, where did I put those caffeine pills..?

(edit: I refuse to get too hyped. My Nintengina will not pucker at the fantasies of being penetrated with Zelda-related news. Nope. Nuh-uh.)

This must be the SD Card update since the store is also getting updated, to add the download to SD Card option, along with the Wii Menu.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE :D :D :D

It is probably the SD card update. But didn't Reggie at some point in 08, comment on that they would do some new interface stuff to focus more on the online aspect of Wii?

DarkWish

The storage solution is supposed to come in the Spring and IGN did say that it would come probably at the end of March.

HYPEHYPEHYPE

Ohhh, I just got an error while trying to update my Wii saying that I can't do it at the moment (Not the usual message) Error 32007

starmud

2dspjxh.jpg

three new games/announcements confirmed D: zomg
k, not really..... maybe?... no.... maybe/yes? :[

I can't wait for when it hits...

Wii Firmware v3.5
-New Security Features
-Miis now wave more often in Mii Plaza

Followed by an hour-long lecture by Iwata at GDC on how people want to see that spark of life from their digital avatars that much more.

itxaka said:
Chu Chu Rocket CONFIRMED FOR WIIWARE AND WIISHOP OMG!

Actually, it will be so awesome.

Well Sega did just trademark a new Chu Chu rocket game...
Ok I'm getting off the hype train now, I'm just gonna end up killing myself otherwise :lol

VOOK

Nuclear Muffin said:
Ohhh, I just got an error while trying to update my Wii saying that I can't do it at the moment (Not the usual message) Error 32007

I get error 034302 on the DSi :D

96difm.jpg

This is going to be a massive disappointmenton.
Wii Firmware v3.5
-Ability to copy data to SD cards removed
-System laughs at you whenever you complain about storage
-Clock on Wii Menu replaced by scrolling text "You will never get Earthbound on Virtual Console"

starmud said:
2dspjxh.jpg

three new games/announcements confirmed D: zomg
k, not really..... maybe?... no.... maybe/yes? :[
hhmm?

Empty slot 1 could be firmware 4.0 (Guessing the number) details.

Slot 2 could be DSiWare launch lineup and the 1000 point offer.

Slot 3

EDIT: NVM its fake lol (so hyped I don't even think before posting)

BTW: I'm now on my pc (wow I sure did get out of bed fast :lol )

Scalpel Knight said:
This is going to be a massive disappointmenton.

*list of 3.5 features*

:lol

I wish Nintendo execs had a sense of humor. If I were iwata, I'd read this post and demand someone make-it-so for an epic April 1st.

starmud

WiiRevolution1 said:
EDIT: NVM its fake lol (so hyped I don't even think before posting)

BTW: I'm now on my pc (wow I sure did get out of bed fast :lol )

that's the real site, i was just checking it after seeing the thread for fun :3 those images on the site rotate though so it may take F5'ing for a bit to get that set, though its probably just coincidence

HylianTom said:
Same here. I've been up all night at work; this is the equivalent of my Friday night..

Now, where did I put those caffeine pills..?

(edit: I refuse to get too hyped. My Nintengina will not pucker at the fantasies of being penetrated with Zelda-related news. Nope. Nuh-uh.)

what.jpg

They will actually allow a video stream of Iwatas Keynote through the Wiistore, so we can be right there when he announces the new Zelda.

legend166

I couldn't be bothered staying up till 1am. Hopefully they put the update up first (if it exists, which it doesn't).

Edit: Wait, 3am? No chance.

Top Bottom