• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hype x1000 - Wii Shop and DSi Shop down (update imminent?)

DarkWish

DMeisterJ said:
In how many hours is Iwata speaking?

what time EST?
He speaks at noon EST, which is about 4 and a half hours from now.

Damn, I have an Organic Chemistry test to study for more and it's at 2 pm. Iwata or Orgo? I
pick Iwata!

DMeisterJ said:
In how many hours is Iwata speaking?

what time EST?
EST? 12PM I think

@Starmud: Aw ok gotcha.

Then my 3rd guess...will be...eh I guess I'll go ahead and say a new Zelda. Its been very long since the last ones was released. (The new Zelda could be for either Wii or DS)

Actually Nintendo never puts anything thats not about to be released on the front page. So maybe the 3rd slot is for a stream for the conference after the conference is over...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
DMeisterJ said:
Oh good, 12 EST

I'll be home by then. Not even a Wii owner, but I love reading live-blogs to death. ;)

I'll be at:

a) Pizza Hut Buffet
b) Working my ass off

I even forgot GDC was this week :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
kirby-2.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
AndriaSang said:
I can't check this for myself since I didn't bring my Wii with me to Starbucks, but Inside Games says that the Japanese shop gives an exact time of 2:00AM on the 26th for the end of the maintenance. That coincides with the time that Iwata's speech is scheduled to end...

http://www.inside-games.jp/news/343/34383.html

5uehbr.jpg

That is what my DSi says;

[Nintex]

I think we'll get trailers/screenshots/PR etc. just after the conference ends. That's what happened at the other GDC's too.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I've been up all night playing Quake Live. A few more hours won't hurt. I need coffee and food, though. Stat!

Bomb Droppen!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I wonder if DSi shop is down because the Wii shop is down, or are they both getting some sort of cool update today.

Boy wouldn't it be awesome if DSi finally got it's own VC.

zigg

sprsk said:
I wonder if DSi shop is down because the Wii shop is down, or are they both getting some sort of cool update today.

Hey, can you check to see if the Japanese Wii Shop Channel really does say it'll be back up at 2 a.m.?

sprsk

zigg said:
Hey, can you check to see if the Japanese Wii Shop Channel really does say it'll be back up at 2 a.m.?

Sure, gimme a min.

It does not say what time it will be back up. It's the same message that's on the DSi-- the pic that was posted in this thread.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Moor-Angol said:
it says not good things for your DSi, seems like the system has frozen and you need to contact the assistant in Japan

I will get right on it.

Yes Boss!

sprsk said:

My wallet would ache from use.

t3nmilez

Just checked JPN Wii shop channel, says the exact same thing as the DSi one, just with "Wii" instead of "DSi" at the beginning.

Ramenman

Moor-Angol said:
it says not good things for your DSi, seems like the system has frozen and you need to contact the assistant in Japan

Funny, I thought it said that the DSi Shop is currently under maintenance.

I guess translation really is a matter of interpretation.

Edit : not fast enough D:

Ramenman said:
Funny, I thought it said that the DSi Shop is currently under maintenance.

I guess translation really is a matter of interpretation.

Edit : not fast enough D:

No. It says your DSi NEEDS maintenance.
:lol

Yes Boss! said:
My wallet would ache from use.

I would love it if they pushed the tech a little, instead of being nothing but GB, GBC, and maybe Game Gear games. NES emulation is obvious, TG-16 possible, after that it's wishful thinking...

Who am I kidding, they'll release one original GB game a month, with any of the System Link or peripheral features axed. :lol Man I would love it if they faked the extra things, though. System Link support over wireless, emulated GB Printer output that saves your pictures to image files, faked IR linking so unlockables in games like Super Mario Bros. DX are achievable... ah, to dream the pointless dreams.

sprsk said:
Sure, gimme a min.

It does not say what time it will be back up. It's the same message that's on the DSi-- the pic that was posted in this thread.

Hmm... either Inside Games got bad info, or Nintendo changed the message.

Ramenman

Mockingbird said:
No. It says your DSi NEEDS maintenance.
:lol

Your lol smiley has Duke Nukem hair. Only darker. A lot darker.

Edit : Crap, and longer too. Well it's not Duke Nukem hair. But still.

Yes Boss!

Kulock said:
I would love it if they pushed the tech a little, instead of being nothing but GB, GBC, and maybe Game Gear games. NES emulation is obvious, TG-16 possible, after that it's wishful thinking...

Damn, it would be nice if you could play your Wii VC games on a DSi like PSN lets you do with PS1 and PS3/PSP games...That would be enough for me.

The GDC thread is once again open for Nintendo conference hype since I know there are a ton of you who wanna hype and live comment on the conference and you need a place to do it. In order to avoid ANOTHER thread being created, you can all discuss it there. We had a Zelda fanboy meltdown about a day ago but now is the time when that meltdown is actually appropriate.

That said, I want to believe that the Shop is down because of some massive update/overhaul/storage solution patch but I think it's just because they are adding new channels. That's my guess.

That big thread for all GDC things is a bit intimidating. I'd prefer if someone just made a thread specifically for the keynote, but again that's just me.

sprsk

NintendoGal said:
That big thread for all GDC things is a bit intimidating. I'd prefer if someone just made a thread specifically for the keynote, but again that's just me.

That's how it should be.

bryehn

NintendoGal said:

Considering we're only getting the first 5 minutes before it "goes dark" (i.e. we all switch to twitter, etc) it probably won't be worth it at all. If anything important happens, someone will make a thread.

No sense in shitting up multiple threads with Zelda hopes and scenarios that will most likely not happen.

My guess? Shop's down either as a coincidence, or to prepare a bunch of crappy streaming movies for the Nintendo Channel that people will go gaga over no matter what they contain.

Top Bottom