• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hype x1000 - Wii Shop and DSi Shop down (update imminent?)

zigg

Yes Boss! said:
Nintendo ALWAYS delivers! Even when it was just Wii Music.

God, don't remind me. That reveal probably killed any possible enthusiasm that could have been had for the game. It took heroic feats of open-mindedness to appreciate it afterward.

Masked Man

I said wow
VOOK said:
That is what my DSi says;

I hope you know that your DSi doesn't really need maintenance... :lol

Oh, and this:

1.2.jpg

big_z

nothing is going to happen. last time the shop went down for a period of time people got all excited and we got nothing. chances are nintendo is just cleaning the fridge

Yes Boss!

zigg said:
God, don't remind me. That reveal probably killed any possible enthusiasm that could have been had for the game. It took heroic feats of open-mindedness to appreciate it afterward.

Though, no Cammy for laughs today!

zigg

big_z said:
nothing is going to happen. last time the shop went down for a period of time people got all excited and we got nothing. chances are nintendo is just cleaning the fridge

Far be it from me to hype, but we were told to expect a "storage solution" sometime around now.

GCX

Jethro said:
Their autumn conferences are always good.
That's because they're not overhyped like every other Nintendo event on the planet, including today's "OMG TEH ZELDA IS SO GOING TO BE THERE" Iwata speech.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
is that a joke? "have they ever delivered?" yes. the e3 conference in which they showed the ds, tons of games for it, and the first twilight princess trailer was one of the most bad ass conferences i've ever seen (if a conference can be bad ass). there was just a ton of content, and lots of great stuff to look forward to.

GCX

beelzebozo said:
is that a joke? "have they ever delivered?" yes. the e3 conference in which they showed the ds, tons of games for it, and the first twilight princess trailer was one of the most bad ass conferences i've ever seen (if a conference can be bad ass). there was just a ton of content, and lots of great stuff to look forward to.
The Wii grand unveiling at E306 was pretty epic too with Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Wii Sports, Zelda: TP, the ultimate Smash Bros Brawl announcement, etc..

big_z said:
If the Wii Shop is down for less than a hour its just maintence.

But they never put it down this long unless its something. The first (and only) major change to the shop (Tons of new search options, slight redisigns) made the shop go down for nearly 12 hours.

I can tell just by looking at their past update history that this is indeed the storage solution.

And I can't wait. It will only be a bit more longer now...

Also: If the Wii Shop in Japan said that it would be down for maintence through 2 then it likely said it BEFORE the shop went down (Always has before)

GDGF

Soothsayer
I am so hoping for a DSi Virtual console too. DS is already the best thing Nintendo has done since the NES...if we get a VC today...I'll pop from joy or something.

DarkWish

It seems to be a generic message that tell us nothing like with the DSi. Google Translate says it says "The Wii Shop Channel is currently unavailable due to maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience. Try again later."

Vinci

Danish
big_z said:

The fact that this is timed alongside Iwata'a speech definitely feeds the impression that something might very well be up. So yeah, I'm hopeful. Not going to go crazy or anything, but yeah, there's reason to think something is going to take place - and it better be the damn storage solution at the very least.

zigg

[Nintex] said:
Not my picture, but the guy who took it writes for the same site.

Well, maybe if he wasn't trying to get to the Wii Shop Channel on a 360, it'd work better for him.

Incidentally, my prediction is the storage solution will be unveiled and the Internet will collectively hate it.

GDGF said:
I am so hoping for a DSi Virtual console too. DS is already the best thing Nintendo has done since the NES...if we get a VC today...I'll pop from joy or something.

Hasn't this already been confirmed for GB/GBA Nintendo-brand games to start? Maybe I'm hallucinating.

DarkWish

A Twisty Fluken said:
Hasn't this already been confirmed for GB/GBA Nintendo-brand games to start? Maybe I'm hallucinating.
If by confirmed you mean a random Nintendo rep at an event for Club Nintendo members saying it is, then yea. I don't believe the rumor because of its source. I do think it is possible we'll see a Virtual Handheld, but I don't think the rumor will have anything to do with the chances of that happening.

DarkWish said:
If by confirmed you mean a random Nintendo rep at an event for Club Nintendo members saying it is, then yea. I don't believe the rumor because of its source. I do think it is possible we'll see a Virtual Handheld, but I don't think the rumor will have anything to do with the chances of that happening.

See, this is what happens when I can't follow links from work and have to go based on the GAF-reaction.

DarkWish

A Twisty Fluken said:
See, this is what happens when I can't follow links from work and have to go based on the GAF-reaction.
Even if you had read around, you'd probably be tricked into thinking it was real. There are numerous sites reporting the news, including one site that said that NOA contacted them and told them that parts of their story were false and pointed out those parts. Supposedly NOA told them that it was announced for Japan.

If people actually checked the sources, they'd know it just doesn't make sense so it's false, yet most sites don't seem to do that. I'm thinking NOA was saying that the DSiWare line-up hasn't been announced for the US yet but has for Japan of course and the sites took that as more to add to the rumor.

DarkWish

NeoGAFFer said:
Dammit I'm so hyped I can't even study :lol
Haha, me too. I have an Organic Chemistry test at 2 pm today. I have plenty more to study too lol. Wow, look at the time. I almost missed by Arabic Culture Film class. I guess I should go to that since it starts soon. I just don't feel like taking a break from the hype train, it's so much fun lol.

Jaruru

why are both Wii and DSi services down?
are they going to link them, play VC/GB(A) titles on both machines? :x

*trying to stay calm for 2 more hr*

Gomu Gomu

DarkWish said:
Haha, me too. I have an Organic Chemistry test at 2 pm today. I have plenty more to study too lol. Wow, look at the time. I almost missed my Arabic Culture Film class. I guess I should go to that since it starts soon. I just don't feel like taking a break from the hype train, it's so much fun lol.

OT: The hell? where are you from?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'm heading to bed for a while then re awakening;

Update!

DSi Shop doesn't say maintainance anymore just sits there loading for 5 mins then errors.

Wii Shop still down.

TunaLover

Vinci said:
The fact that this is timed alongside Iwata'a speech definitely feeds the impression that something might very well be up. So yeah, I'm hopeful. Not going to go crazy or anything, but yeah, there's reason to think something is going to take place - and it better be the damn storage solution at the very least.

Wiishop alining with Iwata, Eclipton confirmed. GAF consumed by a Black Hole of Disapointment

VOOK said:
I'm heading to bed for a while then re awakening;

Update!

DSi Shop doesn't say maintainance anymore just sits there loading for 5 mins then errors.

Wii Shop still down.
*spams update button*

Come on! I'm ready...

im updating firmwarez

Have'nt been this excited for a long time. Its been since August 6th 2007 since Nintendo made me this excited over a update :lol

DarkWish

NeoGAFFer said:
OT: The hell? where are you from?
I go to college in Virginia. It's a class about Arabic Culture in Film and I'm taking it as one of my history credits. Oh, class is starting. Time to suspend the hype for an hour.

dani_dc

TheGreatDave said:
It's at 9AM PST, 4PM GMT (according to 1Up). Can you calculate from that?
Fuck, I'm going off home a bit before 4PM GMT and only returning some hour and half later =(

Well at least I'll have all news to check when I come back :D

GCX

So, what is it, about three hours till GAF declares that Nintendo has let them down again and how they have abandoned the hardcore forever?

Vinci

Danish
GCX said:
So, what is it, about three hours till GAF declares that Nintendo has let them down again and how they have abandoned the harcore forever?

Most accurate post in this thread actually. :lol

Grok4Spock

GCX said:
So, what is it, about three hours till GAF declares that Nintendo has let them down again and how they have abandoned the harcore forever?
Don't forget the part where Miyamoto has lost touch with the core gamer.... Oh, oh... Wii Music sucks, don't leave that part out either....

Bit-Bit

New Zelda will be an episodic Wii Ware game and allows you to play off of the SD card. The graphics style will be cell shaded and will allow for you to play it on both the DSi and Wii. Obviously it will look amazing on Wii and decent on DSi.

Also a multiplayer FPS is shown from Retro Studios.

Jaruru said:
why are both Wii and DSi services down?
are they going to link them, play VC/GB(A) titles on both machines? :x

The DSi doesn't have the necessary resolution to properly display most consoles on the VC. Even the NES used a higher resolution than the DS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
GCX said:
So, what is it, about three hours till GAF declares that Nintendo has let them down again and how they have abandoned the hardcore forever?
Yah, but there will be Kirby Wii, so my hype alone will be enough :lol

Top Bottom