• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 firmware v5.0 beta registration incoming?

True Fire

All I want is PS1 Classics. Sony is on the right track with their PS2 ports, but integrating trophies into classic games is more trouble than what it's worth IMO.

lmao what

fY3ZVlC.png

mitch1971

I've always wanted to list my friends list by 'last time played with', so i can trim the fat without knocking someone off i forgot I played with recently.

Just_one

time to go crazy !

- PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility both discs and digital
- PSN name change
- PS Plus no longer required for online play (i could really care less about this but to some is important)
- PS Now bundle with PS Plus
- Ability to delete games from trophy List (at least games that have maximum between 5%-10%)
- Ability to manage trophy list by console (those as i have the same username since they brought a PS3 , in my case 2007!, imagine the mess i have in my trophy list)
- Abiltity to delete(hell even hide) stuff from library (demos , betas )

and i guess thats about it

Gurish

- PS1 and PS2 BC
- PSN name change
- System wide Pro downsampling for 1080p TVs
- 2-step authentication without SMS
- Plus no longer required for online play
- All the stability and quality

believe!

lol sure they wanna lose hundreds of millions just like that...not gonna happen bro.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if this has downsampling i might just finally get a Pro. not prepared to spend £300 odd on a Pro and then have to buy a 4K tv to get the most out of it. if i can force downsample all games to 1080p then i'm in.

Aurizen

So let's hope they listened to the people of #BetterPSN by GAF and actually bring much needed changes on top of the stability we all love and adore.

LordOfChaos

I'm hoping for a substantial uplift. Ever since two updates ago (last major one) I think, my PS4s been jankier than usual, scrolling through a long list will just incur a substantial freeze at times. And yeah I rebuilt the database multiple times and installed all the updates after.

Even without those big freezes - it's ironic that a box built for gaming can't even run its own UI at a nice 60fps, smoothing the whole thing out would be nice.

And it should be powerful enough to make a fair browser for say a kid who doesn't have another one, but it's really bad, an update to a newish webkit build with a KB+M would make a fair browsing experience.

On and the Store UI - burn it to the ground and start over.

Audioboxer

lmao what

fY3ZVlC.png

Yeah, cmon Sony. I noticed this as I signed up with my EU (main account) and then US account.

Anyway, here's hoping Sony aren't too skimpy on the initial waves. That beta account sharing topic we had going on GAF last time for boost mode beta was insane. A great community effort to manage it all but it inevitably got out of hand and had to be shutdown. They should really just switch it over to an opt in beta system that anyone who wants can enter with no barriers to entry.

Vashetti

Banned
I don't think they do - mine still wait until I go into the trophy menu to sync with PSN.

It still shows the sync bar.

But earn a trophy, and immediately go to a site like psnprofiles.com, etc.

Your trophy will be there without going to your Trophies and seeing the sync bar.

My biggest hopes are:

Backwards compatibility for PS1, PS2 & PSP for games I already own (not on PS Now), I'd also love PS3 to be supported natively but that isn't happening.
A VR OS not just cinema screen.
Downsampling on Pro.
Transparency on all OS icons.

bombshell

This is the time for PSN name change!!

It still shows the sync bar.

But earn a trophy, and immediately go to a site like psnprofiles.com, etc.

Your trophy will be there without going to your Trophies and seeing the sync bar.

That's cool, thought it was still 100% manual, just that they made the sync faster recently.

People say this every time it's brought up.

They still don't, at least as of this morning.

But they do.

I have a Trophies app on my phone that gives me a notification of when I get a trophy. It only ever notified me after i synced trophies, now I get one a minute or so after I get the trophy without syncing.

Floody

Thing I'm hoping for is a really good stat tracker for games and trophies. We know they can track quite a bit as the often send you end of year stats in a email.
Can't really think of anything else that I really want, better search functions for the store would be nice I guess.

Top Bottom