• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 firmware v5.0 beta registration incoming?

Withnail

Speculation: the trophy sync could just be downloading rather than uploading. I.e. trophies are now automatically synced with the server when you earn them on PS4, but when you go in the trophy menu it's checking whether you got any new ones on PS3 or Vita.

Rellik

lmao what

fY3ZVlC.png

That's not on the EU sign up.

Nesther

Thing I'm hoping for is a really good stat tracker for games and trophies. We know they can track quite a bit as the often send you end of year stats in a email.
Can't really think of anything else that I really want, better search functions for the store would be nice I guess.

Those e-mails made me think they're hinting at an activity log/tracker. I'd be so hyped. Love these on Nintendo devices and Steam.

That's not on the EU sign up.

Yeah, PS Now hasn't gotten a full Europe release yet.

Kyrios

I'd be happy with:

-Digital PS1 game support

-The ability to pin folders in place on the system menu

-At least something similar to the old notification page

-Change colors of notifications

-Overlay custom wallpaper on themes like you can with PS3 (Keep theme icons and music but have your own wallpaper shown instead)

That's really it, I've lost hope on name changes.

Pillville

Most of you guys' requests are PS Network features, not PS4 firmware features.

Regarding the Trophy Sync. We want INSTANT posting of trophies. You know, like every other social platform on the planet. Not "eventual auto-sync".

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
capturer6sv6.png

uhhh .....

asking me if I'm currently a PS Now subscriber, a very yes and no question then giving me no option but to check the box if I want to register for this beta is messed up Sony .. :-/

I'm not on PS Now but will check the box for shits and giggles.

DieH@rd

Banned
C'mon Sony, enable GameDVR support for 60fps, higher quality settings and H265 encoding support on the Pro. I would very much like that.

PrinceKee

Fix your damn storage management Sony! Being unable to install 30GB of data even though I still got 70GB free is fucking ridiculous.

This pisses me off to no end. It's actually 60gb for me. I'll have 59gb few but can't install Crossout that's only 2.8gb...

Arttemis

C'mon Sony, enable GameDVR support for 60fps, higher quality settings and H265 encoding support on the Pro. I would very much like that.
I'd like this too, but I expect the required drop in resolution is why they haven't. I'd gladly record in sub-720p for 60fps playback.

I wish I could record a specific length of gameplay 30s, 2 min, 5 min, 10 min, while video) instead of only the whole video.

A music visualizer or two for the media player would be nice.

Maybe even a total refresh of the media player while I'm thinking about it. I know it wasn't for everyone but I always liked the ps3's XMB menu and setup.

Ehker

Sony can't figure out who has PSNow, besides asking us? And then to make it required so people just lie is extra silly.

thelastword

Banned
capturer6sv6.png

uhhh .....

asking me if I'm currently a PS Now subscriber, a very yes and no question then giving me no option but to check the box if I want to register for this beta is messed up Sony .. :-/

I'm not on PS Now but will check the box for shits and giggles.
They're trying to see how honest you are ;)

If you click yes, when you dont have plus...Sony will say you're not worthy of this beta....;)

DieH@rd

Banned
I'd like this too, but I expect the required drop in resolution is why they haven't. I'd gladly record in sub-720p for 60fps playback.

I wish I could record a specific length of gameplay 30s, 2 min, 5 min, 10 min, while video) instead of only the whole video.

Radeon DVR module can easily do 1080p60 @ 50mbits, and Polaris architecture [which is in Pro's APU] can also do on the fly H265 encoding.

The only limiting factor I think that PS4 maybe has is HDD bandwidth resources, which is a shitty thing.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Sony can't figure out who has PSNow, besides asking us? And then to make it required so people just lie is extra silly.
Indeed that's so odd.

And of course, not asked in the UK because lol PSNow over here is so bad.

Entered my PSID. Interesting to see what's up with this latest update.

thelastword

Banned
Firmware 5.0

Downsampling Systemwide
Boosted Boost Mode, vanilla software has full access to PRO hardware.
16xAF and 4xMSAA/TAA on all non-patched PS4 titles on PRO
PS1/PS2 emulator released, 4k 60fps uprendering
UI Overhaul

Arttemis

Radeon DVR module can easily do 1080p60 @ 50mbits, and Polaris architecture [which is in Pro's APU] can also do on the fly H265 encoding.

The only limiting factor I think that PS4 maybe has is HDD bandwidth resources, which is a shitty thing.
I always assumed they limited the DVR to a small bandwidth to accommodate the background system memory allocation and the slowest hard drives that still have to load data simultaneously. Now that external drives are supported, I wish you could specify which drive to save to.

Nesther

Indeed that's so odd.

And of course, not asked in the UK because lol PSNow over here is so bad.

Entered my PSID. Interesting to see what's up with this latest update.

There's just one form for the European beta, and instead of differentiating between each country depending on PS Now being released there or not, they just skipped it.

Ivan

Option to remove games from library (or at least hide them) please.

Option to pin apps like YouTube.

That's all I need.

Matt_C

I thought Sony asked us if we subscribed to Playstation Plus, not PSNow ^_^().
I was just waking up and that what I thought Sony was referring to.

Top Bottom