• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My wife made me do this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
A0mNZl.jpg

ampvml.jpg

do you guys think i could use a renovation?

"what's gaf?"

That's what all of our friends have been asking us for the past week thanks to the comments you guys have been leaving with your votes. lol, I love it! :-D

Anyways, just an update on the comp. Last week we got within 12 votes away from first place. Then the lady in first place issued a desperate plea and got 100+ votes out of nowhere. So now we're behind again by 115. But I think those first-place people are tapped out now. Their votes have grinded to a halt. Another burst of gaf support like the one we got last Friday and I think we got this.

Gaf has been pretty awesome about this (for the most part, lol) and because of that, I decided that even if we don't win I'm still gonna buy a game (just 1 not 5 though) and ship it to one of you guys. And if we do win, the 5 of you that get your usernames pulled out of the jar can pick any game/platform you want up to 60 dolla. I'd be spending $60 anyways so there's no reason it has to be ME3.

Forgive me if I bump this every so often. Too close to give up!

gabbo

"what's gaf?"

That's what all of our friends have been asking us for the past week thanks to the comments you guys have been leaving with your votes. lol, I love it! :-D

Anyways, just an update on the comp. Last week we got within 12 votes away from first place. Then the lady in first place issued a desperate plea and got 100+ votes out of nowhere. So now we're behind again by 115. But I think those first-place people are tapped out now. Their votes have grinded to a halt. Another burst of gaf support like the one we got last Friday and I think we got this.

Gaf has been pretty awesome about this (for the most part, lol) and because of that, I decided that even if we don't win I'm still gonna buy a game (just 1 not 5 though) and ship it to one of you guys. And if we do win, the 5 of you that get your usernames pulled out of the jar can pick any game/platform you want up to 60 dolla. I'd be spending $60 anyways so there's no reason it has to be ME3.

Forgive me if I bump this every so often. Too close to give up!

Is there any way to vote twice?

Gav

Good job you bumped this, i saw it last week and by the time i was able to get on FB, i had forgotten.

Job done! Good luck :)

Wildesy

Not sure if I could vote for you and not feel bad about denying this guy;

65546_260195527393082_184439938301975_615445_990940069_n.jpg

Not really, I still voted for you OP
Can someone link me to the one that is winning plox?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Couldn't help but vote for the kitchen above.

Most of the kitchens are perfectly fine looking but that one is on some next level barely-a-kitchen shit.

Surely if your wife wanted to win badly she would have made an effort to make the kitchen actually look ugly? Voted anyway, but neither of the "winners" deserve it. Stuff like this should just be left up to the company, they pick the 3 ugliest, then people vote for one of the 3.

Just voted for the other guy.

No game for you then :p

Not sure if I could vote for you and not feel bad about denying this guy;

Hey, quit hyping up our competition!

Being serious though, there's no hiding the fact that ours isn't the ugliest of the bunch. There are definitely some kitchens there that need it more than we do (assuming these are people's primary kitchens and not pics of 2nd kitchens in people's basements or pics from cheap properties that people bought just to flip).

But the reality of the situation is that it's either going to be us or those people that are in 1st right now. And since that's the case, it might as well be us right? ... right? :(

I finally found the time to comb over the thread and make a list for the game raffle. This is a very rough list and a lot of the posts in here are a little ambiguous and didn’t really state if they voted or not. I’m sure I’m missing some of you, so if you voted for us and don’t see your name on there, let me know please! Also let me know if you want off the list for any reason. Oh, and I noticed from a couple of the comments people have been leaving, that we’ve been getting some votes from banned-gaf. If you guys get your accounts back before the comp is over, let me know and I’ll add you too.

The list is alphabetized to make it easier to find your user name on there.

9BR
Abrack08
Abusori
Alex Tru
Arment
Arsenic Yellow
Asdad123
Baconsaurus
Baekshi
BakedPigeon
Bloodrage
Brollyman2K
Bytesized
Camel
Canuck76
Cartoon_soldier
Casablanca
ChefRamsay
ChiTownBuffalo
Chris.trejo
CliqWriter
Codeblue
Criesofthepast
Crowphoenix
Dankir
Dave is ok
Daxter01
Digishine
Drexplora
Dustytruly
Earthstrike
Echoshifting
Ericsc
Ezalc
Gabbo
Gav
Glaringradio
GrizzNKev
H.Protagonist
Hateful
How About No
Irate
IronFistedChampion
Jaffaboy
Jasconious
Jasoneyu
Jeff Albertson
Jeramii
Jett1911
Jossueinacoma
Kadab
Kajiba
Keru-Shiri
Kinyou
Kisaya
Lighthouse
Lolerzors
LQX
MasterAJ22
MattKeil
Mohonky
mOngo
Moofers
Mothman91
MrZombie
Muffdraul
Mushroom021
Napoleonthechimp
NervousXtian
NH Apache
Nicoga3000
Noirulus
Nose Master
Notfree
NotTheGuyYouKill
Paradoxal_Utopia
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Roy
PK Gaming
Plasticpassion
Poindexter
ProdicalFlame
Prophet Steve
Rakhir
Recarpo
RibbedHero
Riggs
S7evn
Sadsic
Sajjaja
Salvor.Hardin
Sebulon3k
SephirothRK
Shadowsdarknes
Shaundakahl
SLV
SmokyDave
Smurfx
Soka
SonicX_Zero
Soundafehks
SouthernDragon
Starfx6464
Stronghammer22
Sturmdogg
Tashi0106
THACHITS
The M.O.B.
The Omega Man
TheAzRim
TheBez
Tiktiklabingapat
Timo
Tino
Tomasooie
UnblessedSoul
Vagabundo
Venfayth
WascallyWabbit
White dynamite
Wiseblade
Zee-V70
Zhengi
ZROCOOL

Just a little side note for those that are into odds and such. It looks like the list is at about 125 right now. If gaf votes topped out at 250 and we won, there would be 1 game to give away per every 50 gaffers that spared two clicks for us. In the unlikely event that the list ends up a lot bigger than that, I’ll buy more games in the event of a victory just to keep the odds of winning decent.

Ark

I voted when this was first put up but didn't post. I voted.

I'm not interested in a game, prize or whatever, I just hope you win :)

I voted when this was first put up but didn't post. I voted.

I'm not interested in a game, prize or whatever, I just hope you win :)

Thanks for letting me know.

So you don't want to be on the list then?

If you're just not interested in ME3, I said a few posts back that it can be any game you want for any platform up to $60. Since I'd be spending $60 anyways, there's no reason it has to be ME3.

you have a nice kitchen, but i voted for you anyway.

Yeah, we caught some flak for our kitchen not being ugly enough. The picture is a little deceptive though. This post shows some of the issues we have, with the biggest red flag being the likleyhood of lead-based paint in the cabinets. Not really something we want near the plates our family eats off of.

gabbo

Yeah, we caught some flak for our kitchen not being ugly enough. The picture is a little deceptive though. This post shows some of the issues we have, with the biggest red flag being the likleyhood of lead-based paint in the cabinets. Not really something we want near the plates our family eats off of.

Hard to show, but quite valid a reason, certainly

LOL... contests like this are so silly. all about the number of people you know... "ugliest kitchen" and THIS is in 1st place right now by about 20 votes over the OP. uhhh, that's a beautiful kitchen.

Ooooo...! You're only down by 20+ now against the William's kitchen! Last time I checked they were 100+ ahead. :)

Holy shit. I just checked after reading your post and we're now 5 votes away from taking the lead.

It's beginning to look like a very real possibility that we might actually win this thing.

Gaf... I believe you have just put us in 1st place!

Were now at 644, in the lead by 12 votes. Crazy!

I know the Williams won't give up without a fight though, lol. If they manage to pull another 100 votes out of their asses like last time we could be in for a roller coaster.
I was extremely skeptical about this contest and wanted to nerdrage at my wife when she made me post this, but I gotta admit, this is kinda exciting now =)

Azih

Gaf... I believe you have just put us in 1st place!

Were now at 644, in the lead by 12 votes. Crazy!

I know the Williams won't give up without a fight though, lol. If they manage to pull another 100 votes out of their asses like last time we could be in for a roller coaster.
I was extremely skeptical about this contest and wanted to nerdrage at my wife when she made me post this, but I gotta admit, this is kinda exciting now =)

This seems like a marathon, not a sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom