• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

All this talk of alternative pizza makes me want to hurl. A masterful pizza only needs crust, sauce and cheese. Anyone who would sully a gorgeous pie like this with extraneous nonsense needs their taste buds adjusted.

20121002-napoli-pizza-tour-31.jpg

finally someone with good taste on GAF.

lmao nyc has the best pizza in the world

as someone who just came back from a pizza spree in italy. haha no.

i lived in NYC, there's good stuff but it ain't the best.

I grew up eating pizza before DIP was ever a thing, it only ever seems to have become a thing since dominos became big and I've never lived anywhere near a dominos

Branduil

You only dip the crust at most. What kind of pizza are you eating where the whole thing needs dipping sauce? I mean, pizza already has sauce on it...

Sauce on the Pizza is a very common thing here in Sweden actually.

Kebab sauce and bearnaise sauce being the most popular by a mile.

Kebab pizza with the sauce
kebab-pizza.jpg

Steak pizza with bearnaise sauce
355710_78107496.jpg

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
You know, it's funny, if you want to search for some examples of OPs chain pizza on google, you have to search: pizza pizza pizza.

Did I just summon a pizza monster?

rpmurphy

It's not an american thing.

The only chain here that "needs" dipping sauce is Papa Johns, and that's only because it's bland garbage.
The garlic butter dip there is for the crust anyway. Dipping the rest of the pizza is absurd.

Although I've heard of people eating pizza with ranch sauce as well and I still can't fathom that.

skybald

You cannot find good pizza outside of the coastal big cities. My brother goes to school in Michigan and eats pizza all day when he comes to visit.

I never knew why anyone would eat Pizza Hut, Dominoes, frozen pizza, or any chain until he told me Middle Americans just don't know how to make it.

Which doesn't really make sense since they can get the same ingredients.

For the record, best pizza i have had was in Boston just had tomato sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni and no sauce as topping or dipping.

http://www.reginapizzeria.com/

We had ranch dressing on Pizza hut and Papa Johns pizza when we lived in Texas as Swedish family. People thought we were weird.

I love dipping sauce for my pizza!
Hot sauce, garlic sauce, marinara sauce is all wonderful ^^

Something that I love about Papa John's is that every pizza comes with garlic sauce 💖💖💖

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Pizza Pizza has the best dip

If you want to eat Ranch straight from the bottle then go for it. It's less shameful than trying to hide behind "I need something to dip this "pizza" in".

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Have this argument all the time

Such a waste of good pizza if your just dipping it in sauce. You dont get to taste the pizza toppings or sauce or cheese, all you taste is garlic dip

Eat the garlic on its own if you love it so much, or dont get shit pizza.

All this talk of alternative pizza makes me want to hurl. A masterful pizza only needs crust, sauce and cheese. Anyone who would sully a gorgeous pie like this with extraneous nonsense needs their taste buds adjusted.

20121002-napoli-pizza-tour-31.jpg

8590401.gif

lunchtoast

Sometimes I will make dip for the crust, but that's just olive oil and a little seasoning, or i'll just use some kerrygold.

Everyone against the dip but OP is HAVING
THE TIME
OF
HIS LIFE

Eat it how ever you want. There's a certified Neapolitan pizza restaurant near me that provides flavoured oils for dipping or drizzling.

ChryZ

I have never had the need to dip my pizza into a sauce. Good pizza keeps things simple, quality ingredients, topping and crust. That's all.

one thing i will never get is leftover pizza. i swear i never heard of anyone around here having leftover pizza slices. are pizzas just that huge in the usa or do people order multiple ones for one person?

here's how it goes where i live:
everyone orders one pizza for themselves with the toppings they like, everyone eats their own pizza.

done.

I had really good pizza in NYC from Joe's and Pizza Suprema though. Not as good as the wood oven baked as Regina but still was very tasty. Simple and good slices.

Most pizzerias in Sweden has begun having junk and trash as ingredients, you have to search out decent ones these days that are becoming more and more rare.

one thing i will never get is leftover pizza. i swear i never heard of anyone around here having leftover pizza slices. are pizzas just that huge in the usa or do people order multiple ones for one person?

here's how it goes where i live:
everyone orders one pizza for themselves with the toppings they like, everyone eats their own pizza.

done.

Pizzas here are usually 14-16 inches in diameter. That's a lot of pizza to take on alone*

*unless you are me

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Don't ever visit New York or New Haven and dip pizza in anything. Bad things are sure to follow.

shira

You need rancid mayo and cheese whiz to eat pizza?
drunk.gif

I had really good pizza in NYC from Joe's and Pizza Suprema though. Not as good as the wood oven baked as Regina but still was very tasty. Simple and good slices.

Most pizzerias in Sweden has begun having junk and trash as ingredients, you have to search out decent ones these days that are becoming more and more rare.

Joe’s is generally considered the best pizza-by-the-slice in NYC.

And yeah, most major US metro areas will have solid pizza somewhere. NYC has plenty of fantastic pizzerias but its run-of-the-mill pizza places aren’t much better than anywhere else in other cities.

Pizza dipping? I didn't even know that's a thing.

I always wondered why Dominoes takeaway always provides that crappy little 10ml portion of "garlic dip." You'd have to save up about four pizzas worth to make a quantity that could be used as a dip, even if pizza dipping were a thing. Which it isn't.

Oxn

that seems slightly larger and i guess our pizzas are much thinner.
why not just order the appropriate amount of pizza?

Cause they dont make pizzas that small. You would then buy it by the slice, but it wont be worth it if you start buying too many slices.

the1npc

Pizza pizza is your problem. Trash pizza

Top Bottom