• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

Because the OP didn't eat - he threw away.

But the OP was complaining about being unable to enjoy his/her food in the way he/she likes it, not complaining about how others enjoy theirs! Plus my original statement still stands especially since you've experienced it first hand after sharing your lunch! :p

Dipping pizza?

I don’t know what’s worse, this, the ketchup/ranch movement or those of you that think Papa John’s is acceptable. In any event, knock this nonsense off and eat some better pizza my dude.

Indelible

I have never dipped pizza in sauce, it defeats the entire purpose of eating pizza if all you are tasting is the sauce.

Sure, but their reaction is like burning a house down to get rid of a spider.

I will only eat steaks that are well done and I cook hamburger patties in a shallow bit of water, making sure to squish the ever living heck out of it because I find those "juices" gross, I even cut a slit on both sides to make sure I've squeezed everything out of it. That's how I enjoy/find those 2 things yummy so I'm not going to judge another person for what they do with their food! :p

Their pizza is good if eaten fresh, but it's honestly fairly mediocre day-after.

That is true of just about all Italian food and of all bread baked in the latin countries of Europe. Eat it today.

Italians have the greatest fresh cuisine in Europe. Why wait until tomorrow when you can eat that day's fresh food? Today's food is for today.

But it's probably dying out as the Italians succumb to fast food restaurants.

So eat fresh Italian food now, the way it's meant to be. Tomorrow may be too late.

That is true of just about all Italian food and of all bread baked in the latin countries of Europe. Eat it today.

Italians have the greatest fresh cuisine in Europe. Why wait until tomorrow when you can eat that day's fresh food? Today's food is for today.

But it's probably dying out as the Italians succumb to fast food restaurants.

So eat fresh Italian food now, the way it's meant to be. Tomorrow may be too late.

One thing I noticed about Pizza in Europe besides that it was Amazing is that they don't cut it. People eat Pizza with Knives and Forks there......so weird.

Everyone needs to get a toaster oven. Re-baked pizza is God-tier.
MY MAN!!!!

I swear I like re-heated Pizza on a toaster oven than pizza that was just done!

I do like to put some chili as an extra topping on my pizza (never dip the damn slice into it, though) but it's definitely not a deal breaker if I don't have it.

One thing I noticed about Pizza in Europe besides that it was Amazing is that they don't cut it. People eat Pizza with Knives and Forks there......so weird.

Yeah, I know. Went to Mamma Mia in Whitburn the other day. They had Hobgoblin ale on tap which is brilliant, and I ordered a Quattro Stagioni. Reminded me I should actually relearn some basic conversational Italian because they always use the Italian form of address and I'm a bit shaky about whether signore is mister or missus. Then this lovely pizza arrives.

And really, there is no way to fold that magnificent crust. This isn't designed as finger food. It's a knife and fork job, and I am here to tell you it was worth it.

But regular chain thin crust pizza is designed to be eaten in the hand, obviously. Pizza Hut and Dominoes are both big in the UK.

The knife and fork thing: I know there are subtle differences in table etiquette, and that Americans typically want to chop up all their food and then bring it to their mouths using only a fork, whereas most Europeans use both knife and fork throughout the meal, cutting a slice and then eating it. I think it's a cool example of cultural difference, but not without an element of WTF on both sides.

balohna

I can enjoy even shitty pizza usually, with no dip. Melted cheese alone is enough to hold my attention in most cases.

Oxn

What? Have every style out here. What I don't understand is people that buy chain pizza over the local place that actually has fresh ingredients and is often times cheaper.

How does it get any cheaper than a large 3 topping pizza from dominos for $8?

With that said sometimes their is a time and a place for fast food pizza. Like i have access to gourmet burgers and such easily but sometime u just want a wendys or mcdonalds from time to time

Davey Cakes

I don't think I've ever dipped my pizza in sauce. At most I've probably dipped the crust in oil or extra marinara, like a breadstick, but I can't remember the last time I bothered.

If you need to dip your pizza in something then you need an upgrade from Little Caesar's.

Top Bottom