• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

hotcyder

Why am I reading this thread full of delicious Pizza images first thing monday morning

Why aren't any of these Pizza in the UK??

TBiddy

I'm appalled by many of the pictures in this thread. I'm tempted to say, that I'm absolutely disgusted by what can be presented as "pizza" these days. A good pizza needs nothing but tomato sauce, bresaola and parmesan cheese.

Not

Banned
Pizza threads are great because pizza culture is hilarious

Everyone takes a dump on everyone else's favorite pizza. And that's just where you start.

III-V

I'm appalled by many of the pictures in this thread. I'm tempted to say, that I'm absolutely disgusted by what can be presented as "pizza" these days. A good pizza needs nothing but tomato sauce, bresaola and parmesan cheese.

really? I prefer to add dough and mozzarella.

Shiggy

which is probably why theyre dipping them in sauce lol.

Even with a dipping sauce nobody could make me eat this:

o.jpg

Like the whole pizza needs dip or just the crust? Cause the crust I can understand, but the whole pizza? At that point its more about the dip than the pizza.

Shinypogs

I used to get my occasional pizzapizza done with the creamy garlic sauce as the base sauce replacing the marinara. It basically become round garlic bread with pepperoni on it.

I miss actually good pizza not from a chain restaurant though. I need to see if a good pizzeria can be found downtown that works with dairy free cheese. Having lactose intolerance go to full blown dairy allergy has robbed me of so many foods I loved.

Steejee

Eat better pizza
syfNbttdaq8FRmL0UWo_AOJRqYo1q7jInDRlgW07tEaeFv6rBFsBFIOAJlLGDC2YIQ=s1024

Ridiculous, there's tons of delicious pizza with more toppings

Is that Buddy's? Wife is from the Detroit area, and every time we visit her family dinner the first night we're there is Buddy's pizza. Detroit style needs to spread a bit more. In Boston we have Sicilian, which is sorta the precursor to Detroit style, but it's not the same. On that note, Leone's in Somerville, MA is probably the best Sicilian style I've had.

As for OP, I'll just toss in my own 'DIP? WTF?'. Pap John's is the only pizza I've had that came with dip, and both their pizza and dip were disgusting.

Rockondevil

I've never heard of this being done before and I see no reason to adopt this way of eating pizza. I do usually get an extra garlic swirl on my pizza but having a dipping sauce just doesn't seem right with pizza.

I pour a little balsamic vinegar on my pizza, and then put a lot of garlic, oregano, a red pepper on it. I never known anybody else that puts balsmic vinegar on their pizza but everyone that I've gotten to try it won't go back.

Well technically its North American since OP is Canadian, lol.

Apparently you're not allowed to say that. However I think Americans have a point here, since this particular thread was started by a Canadian. It's also undeniable that the Italian diaspora has continued to innovate the traditional national cuisine, most prominently in the United States. There are some really great home-grown pizzas in the United States.

So it's just as well to recognise that people from the United States have expressed appropriate indignation at deep-fried clam chowder pizza with maple syrup dipping sauce and other abominations dreamed up by their allegedly nicer northern neighbours. Sometimes they're on our side.

It's a type of italian casserole popular in Chicago that they erroneously call pizza.

Italian, or based in Italian cuisine?
I'm just wondering because I've never seen it, and I visited Italy a bunch in the past.
What's it called?

And yeah. No matter how good, that's as much pizza as a piece of round focaccia with tomato and mozarella.

Top Bottom